IGNORED

Barnsley at home match day thread

I’ve finally ran out of “lucky” clothing to wear to games, for some reason certain clothes work away but not at home.

So without any lucky charms I’m going for a comfortable 2-0 win and the start of a very long awaited return of fortress Ashton Gate, which I don’t think has existed since the stadium was finished.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Gutted to be missing this today, I’ll be listening in on the NX040 on the M4. Off to see Bauhaus at Ally Pally…She’s in Parties…

Blimey.........Queens of the Stone Age or The Stones latest farewell tour fair enough......but your missing a game to watch a Gary Newman cover band ha!  No offence , but I'd rather go and stare at some German Architecture

• Robin 1
6 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Blimey.........Queens of the Stone Age or The Stones latest farewell tour fair enough......but your missing a game to watch a Gary Newman cover band ha!  No offence , but I'd rather go and stare at some German Architecture

I suspect you know more about football than you do about music.

:laughcont:

Edited by Major Isewater
  • Robin 1
3 minutes ago, maxjak said:

:laugh:! Each to their own and all that… I love Gary Numan too. Are friends electric?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

My thoughts and prayers are with all my colour blind brethren today. Best of luck distinguishing this green monstrosity from our lads and the pitch.

Nothing makes me want to hand Barnsley a 7-0 thrashing than their decision to wear this kit.

COYR let's get that home win that everyone's been waiting for!

image.png.70e4ae692ec4b15551757ab575d02cc9.png

Terrible kit…

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Really are no excuses to not perform today. A very poor Barnsley side.

There are no very poor dudes in the Championship.  All have good enough players on their day to help their side get a result.

We will perform if we can impose our strengths on them and expose their weaknesses….they will be trying to to the reverse.

We aren’t a bad side, but today of all days we need to play like a team who are comfortable in what they are trying to achieve.

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

All about the first 5 minutes. 

They will see this as very winnable and will have a high pressing game right from the kick off, looking for nervousness and mistakes.

New coaching set up with a week to work with the players this is the turning point.

My old manager at Brislington used to say that you set the tone in the first 5 minutes.  Win your first header, your first tackle, get your first pass off, etc, set the energy, let your opponent know you’re up for it.

38 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Be good to see either of them at Ashton Gate when the next run of gigs get booked.