IGNORED

Barnsley at home match day thread

2 hours ago, VT05763 said:

All about the first 5 minutes. 

They will see this as very winnable and will have a high pressing game right from the kick off, looking for nervousness and mistakes.

New coaching set up with a week to work with the players this is the turning point.

Get a grip! It’s not about the first five minutes, it’s the 90th minute onwards that’s the problem 

• Like 2

Fun Barnsley fact.

Ex City Left Back, Darren Barnard (great player for us), who went on to join Barnsley in the Premier League for £750000 missed several games in the 97-98 season for them because of a leg injury.

What caused the injury? He came downstairs one morning and into his kitchen and slipped on a puddle of dogs piss his dog had very kindly left as a surprise on the kitchen floor.

?

• Haha 3
21 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Fun Barnsley fact.

Ex City Left Back, Darren Barnard (great player for us), who went on to join Barnsley in the Premier League for £750000 missed several games in the 97-98 season for them because of a leg injury.

What caused the injury? He came downstairs one morning and into his kitchen and slipped on a puddle of dogs piss his dog had very kindly left as a surprise on the kitchen floor.

?

Very good player for us . Liked him 

1 hour ago, Coolrunnings said:

Time to go for it today , start quick and move the ball at pace go all out to get first goal and if it comes keep going . Do not drop deep . Bentley it’s your job to keep our defence out of the box and break up play early .

Wouldn't surprise me if Dodgy Bentley flaps one in his own onion bag a la David James..

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

No easy games, but also games are not so hard that these players can't do better than they are.

I can forgive the lack of a victory today but another poor performance is inexcusable. However, I genuinely believe that I'll be walking out of the ground today feeling very pleased  for the first time in what seems like forever.

COYR

If you were Barnsley looking to end a wretched run you’d be confident of doing it against a team who have not won at home in 600 days and cant defend for toffee.

Eqaully, there’s no better team than Barnsley to face if you want to get back to winning ways. 

Draw it is then.  

Edited by cityloyal473
9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I can forgive the lack of a victory today but another poor performance is inexcusable. However, I genuinely believe that I'll be walking out of the ground today feeling very pleased  for the first time in what seems like forever.

COYR

I can't, its gone way beyond embarrassing.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I can’t make it today as partner due to give birth in less than 2 weeks - maybe my absence is just the luck we need! 

Just hoping someone might be kind enough to find a free non BCFC stream that works ?

Nor me.  Was meant to be in Cornwall anyway, but been ill…so Mrs Fevs has quarantined me to upstairs…with iPad, Mac and sky sports.  God, the brownie points are mounting!

• Like 1