IGNORED

Barnsley at home match day thread

2 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Nige knows there are solutions to make us play well, which would then get us results. Who knows maybe we can go on a nice little run if we get that win. But I will surprised if we put in a good performance playing like we have - unless Barnsley are really really bad! 

He has to go with something different, which it sounds like he will. Interesting to see what what his plan is.

I honestly believe we need Alex Scott to start today….huge weight on an 18 year old….but I think along with Massengo (20) and Tanner (21) they are the players that get the crowd going too, because if their actions.  And I think that’s important today.

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Watching Fulham v wba. Amazing how far away we are from these types of teams

100 miles north or east approximately ?

12 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I honestly believe we need Alex Scott to start today….huge weight on an 18 year old….but I think along with Massengo (20) and Tanner (21) they are the players that get the crowd going too, because if their actions.  And I think that’s important today.

100 miles north or east approximately ?

North of £100m of premier league money more like!

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Let’s be honest, we’re a million miles away from teams like Coventry, Blackpool or Millwall at the minute. Makes you want to cry. 

That is definitely not the case, we lost to the two best teams in the league and nearly beat Forest had it not been for our psychological issues. We nearly beat Blackpool and should have drawn with Millwall. So much self pity amongst the fan base at the moment!

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Midlands Robin said:

Fun Barnsley fact.

Ex City Left Back, Darren Barnard (great player for us), who went on to join Barnsley in the Premier League for £750000 missed several games in the 97-98 season for them because of a leg injury.

What caused the injury? He came downstairs one morning and into his kitchen and slipped on a puddle of dogs piss his dog had very kindly left as a surprise on the kitchen floor.

?

Darren Barnard was quality for us, we had a string of great left backs at that time 

25 minutes ago, Jim Davey said:

Hate Barnsley vile club vile fans hope they go bankrupt and end up playing  Rovers in The vauxhall Conference .Scumbags

Not a fan?  Let go of the hate! 

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, TomF said:

But then also I honestly think the voodoo of a home win is a burden on these players.   A scruffy 1-0 might just end it and give them more confidence than a decent performance but coming away with a point etc. 

Yes- I'd take that - any type of win will halt the run so if we win with a poor performance then that's fine by me. it's the draw or lose bit where performance is all.

1 minute ago, pl00peh91 said:

That is definitely not the case, we lost to the two best teams in the league and nearly beat Forest had it not been for our psychological issues. We nearly beat Blackpool and should have drawn with Millwall. So much self pity amongst the fan base at the moment!

If my aunty had wheels she’d be a bike.

Luton should have been out of sight and Fulham should have knocked up a cricket score.

We were hanging on for dear life before beating QPR.

And arguably Peterborough deserved a point.

Not a convincing performance in amongst that lot. There are other horror shows too. 

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, TomF said:

But then also I honestly think the voodoo of a home win is a burden on these players.   A scruffy 1-0 might just end it and give them more confidence than a decent performance but coming away with a point etc. 

If we are leading in the latter stages of the game please, please, please can it be by more than one goal?  I don’t think I can cope with us going into stoppage time with a one goal lead again…

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

If we are leading in the latter stages of the game please, please, please can it be by more than one goal?  I don’t think I can cope with us going into stoppage time with a one goal lead again…

Fingernails bitten all the way back to the….elbow!

3 hours ago, VT05763 said:

Not sure it will be. there is no expectation on results or performance currently, just the 3 year rebuilding project. As many have said 1 point above the drop will be considered success and this group of players could manage themselves to that position.

Why? When this group achieved successive top half finishes under LJ?

4 minutes ago, NorthBris_Southstand said:

Really uncertain as to whether to go today. Dr's orders are to rest at home with an injured achilles, but for some reason I have unwarranted optimism that today is the day for the first win at home. 

I could be left disappointed and in great pain, or I could miss out on the fun...

Feels to me like today’s the day too, although I can’t see it being fun for long parts of the afternoon.

Went up to Barnsley in 2008/2009 to watch us. Horrible weather, horrible ground & area and horrible game - we drew 0-0 and barely had a shot.  Dislike them ever since although given it’s grim oop north, I don’t know why I was surprised.

be interesting to see what changes he makes in terms of surprises given the lack of players available to change it up. I hope Wells starts along with Alex Scot behind - maybe give Martin a rest.  Hope Massengo is fit as he’s our best option in midfield to get on the ball and drive us forward. 

hopefully we’ll all be breaking out the champers come 5pm in celebration. COYR

3 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

Went up to Barnsley in 2008/2009 to watch us. Horrible weather, horrible ground & area and horrible game - we drew 0-0 and barely had a shot.  Dislike them ever since although given it’s grim oop north, I don’t know why I was surprised.

be interesting to see what changes he makes in terms of surprises given the lack of players available to change it up. I hope Wells starts along with Alex Scot behind - maybe give Martin a rest.  Hope Massengo is fit as he’s our best option in midfield to get on the ball and drive us forward. 

hopefully we’ll all be breaking out the champers come 5pm in celebration. COYR

Yes come on boy's, give us a good weekend for a change. I have a bottle of Weston's Vintage Aged Cider 8.2% ready if they win.

• Like 1

Having just dropped below the midline, feels like an important few weeks to stabilise the ship. Win today and we are feeling the warm embrace of mid table again. Lose, and suddenly we are looking down and right on the edge of a relegation scrap. Safe to say if we lose I am not looking on here for a couple of days…

• Like 1

Does this group of players have the collective guts and determination to grind out a result against a team who have not won in twelve games and lost their last six ?

The answer should be yes, but I'm not so sure.

I hope I'm wrong, but Barnsley are playing us at the right time to end their own dreadful sequence of results imho.