IGNORED

Barnsley at home match day thread

Half time summary:

Sod the first 5 minutes @VT05763, its all about the last 5 minutes of the first half! ???

Disjointed first 45....the diamond hasn't worked without the ball, but with the ball, a bit more quality and we rip them apart, their highline unable to cope.

Bloody Andi Weimann - anonymous as a no10 at times watching the bypass him...but you could argue he's there for those goal moments.

The diamond exposed by WBs for Barnsley.  Tanner got to go out wide, and let Kalas have to go man2man, or else its too easy.  Not so bad on other side, and when Pring goes to Britton early they don't have the same joy.

Huge bonus to go in ahead, although I think we took a bit of time to get it sussed.

Fingers crossed second half.

• Like 3

Wondering if those fans that left when Barnsley scored wished they hadn't......

We can't sit back......need another (possibly 2) to be sure. 

That last 7 mins will raise confidence in the dressing room. 

Just need to get the ball on the floor, do the simple things well and tear them to pieces.  #restarttheseason

18 minutes ago, City_USA said:

Agreed. Controversial I know but I'd be tempted to cash in on Bents to fund some new players . I know that he's saved us many times but I feel that would be balanced by bringing in some quality at the other end of the pitch that would offset the points that he's won and dare I say it, give us some more enjoyable football to watch. We also have a very capable replacement. 

These two goals were good but against a shit defending from Barnsley. If we keep beating the worst teams in the table we will be safe. But even if we win today, with the way our team plays is not a way that really make you sure about our faith. I hope we will be ok this season but for me other ambitions than staying into this league won't come this year.

The board is still trying to create a team and this will take some time. As long as we stay up, bring some players every season we may create a strong group but now we are far from that, and the subs are again.. very inexperienced.

Coyr ! Bring us a win finally at home.

Edited by Mihai
  • Like 1
  • Robin 1
1 minute ago, 054123 said:

Just play football.

Its read easy ?

They aren’t very good.

Agree, Barnsley look utterly hapless defensively. Opportunity to build some confidence, hopefully NP demanding we push on and sure the players will want to, given our one goal lead performances season to date. Some of our (often terrible) play is down to ability, but sure a fair bit is down to confidence. This is a big opportunity to take a step forward. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, MelksRed said:

Wondering if those fans that left when Barnsley scored wished they hadn't......

We can't sit back......need another (possibly 2) to be sure. 

That last 7 mins will raise confidence in the dressing room. 

Just need to get the ball on the floor, do the simple things well and tear them to pieces.  #restarttheseason

In their defence, what we were watching was flat out dog shit 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Terrible for 38 mins but two goals mask it. Happy days I guess! Barnsley are awful 

Too many of our players not at the races again 

we had moments in those 38 mins....far too easy to say we were terrible.  It was a scrappy game, two teams lacking in confidence.

• Like 2