IGNORED

Barnsley at home match day thread

5 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

This is exactly what I have previously said the squad is very poor. Its a good job we have the likes of Bents,kalas,Hnm.

Interesting you say that. I thought we had jelly in goal today. Bentley was a bag of nerves imo today. Having played so poor for 40 minutes and then having the game handed to us in four minutes I did think we would put up a better show than that second half. We literally played 4 minutes of football in 100 minutes today and fortunately it was enough.

Holy Toledo! That was sphincter-clenching stuff at the end. I was convinced their keeper was going to score. And how that chance at the end stayed out is beyond me.

Spent two years in Barnsley as a student in the 90s so after propping up the local hospitality economy the beggars owed me a favour.

Another underwhelming performance against a side on a wretched run of form, but that’s for another day. For now let’s just savour the first home win since trilobites swam in the Avon.

Credit to the fans, tremendous backing - you were our 12th man today. ?

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Interesting you say that. I thought we had jelly in goal today. Bentley was a bag of nerves imo today. Having played so poor for 40 minutes and then having the game handed to us in four minutes I did think we would put up a better show than that second half. We literally played 4 minutes of football in 100 minutes today and fortunately it was enough.

Really? Kept us in the game with some good saves when he needed to. COYR 

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Really? Kept us in the game with some good saves when he needed to. COYR 

He made saves that a keeper of his about should be making but it was keystone cops in our penalty area. Now and again I wouldn’t mind seeing him take a few of those high balls being pumped in rather than leaving the centre halves to get battered.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, BCFC Richard said:

You have to celebrate it. With the run at home we've had its huge. Had to get a win no matter how. We were lucky, but we've had games in the winless run where we've been the better team, games we drew where, we should have won. Games we lost where we should have had a draw. Arguably even games we lost we should have won. It really doesn't matter how we got it, we really needed that. 

Never mind the quality, feel the width !

4 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

He made saves that a keeper of his about should be making but it was keystone cops in our penalty area. Now and again I wouldn’t mind seeing him take a few of those high balls being pumped in rather than leaving the centre halves to get battered.

He came for/got to at least 4/5 today. Keeper can't come for everything. I think its an area of his game that can improve, but I think he's been coming for more balls this season and making some progress. Could be subjective though - @davefevs any stats on that?