IGNORED

Barnsley at home match day thread

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I just sat through a game that was awful. Looked like a non league game at times. Happy with the win of course but overall it was shocking. Barnsley will be down by March and yet they should have turned us over.

I fully understand the job Nige has on his plate but **** me he hasn’t got much to work with.

This is exactly what I have previously said the squad is very poor. Its a good job we have the likes of Bents,kalas,Hnm.

5 minutes ago, westonred said:

Barnsley fans must feel hard done by, today was all about the result not the performance The main thing is a Home Win the monkeys off our back now.

Hopefully we can get a few players back from injury soon Semenyo Baker King Williams etc and push on from here

At last……..!

https://www.shutterstock.com/video/clip-34884166-munich-wild-baboon-monkeys-running-away

Edited by JackofromSanJavier
  • Like 1

It was a bit stressful, wasn't it? 😄

In the second half we struggled, conceding many chances (some huge ones), we had to face an irritating one-way refereeing (that had an impact on our goal chances too), but...WE WON!

The team's effort and the support were great. Both deserved a joy, after so many disappointing - and sometimes undeserved - results. Hopefully this win will restore some confidence and make the team play with lese pressure. COYR!!!

Edited by Dan Robin
5 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

This is exactly what I have previously said the squad is very poor. Its a good job we have the likes of Bents,kalas,Hnm.

Interesting you say that. I thought we had jelly in goal today. Bentley was a bag of nerves imo today. Having played so poor for 40 minutes and then having the game handed to us in four minutes I did think we would put up a better show than that second half. We literally played 4 minutes of football in 100 minutes today and fortunately it was enough.

Holy Toledo! That was sphincter-clenching stuff at the end. I was convinced their keeper was going to score. And how that chance at the end stayed out is beyond me.

Spent two years in Barnsley as a student in the 90s so after propping up the local hospitality economy the beggars owed me a favour.

Another underwhelming performance against a side on a wretched run of form, but that’s for another day. For now let’s just savour the first home win since trilobites swam in the Avon.

Credit to the fans, tremendous backing - you were our 12th man today. 👍

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Interesting you say that. I thought we had jelly in goal today. Bentley was a bag of nerves imo today. Having played so poor for 40 minutes and then having the game handed to us in four minutes I did think we would put up a better show than that second half. We literally played 4 minutes of football in 100 minutes today and fortunately it was enough.

Really? Kept us in the game with some good saves when he needed to. COYR 

• Like 2