IGNORED

Barnsley at home match day thread

31 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Great wasn’t it? 

Fans came through for the team today big time. We were not going to let them lose, practically willed the team home.  Best atmosphere at the Gate in the last 15 mins since Man Utd. Celebrated like we won the league too.  

Somehow made it over the line, and hopefully that turns a massive corner and is a huge confidence boost. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1
4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Does this group of players have the collective guts and determination to grind out a result against a team who have not won in twelve games and lost their last six ?

The answer should be yes, but I'm not so sure.

I hope I'm wrong, but Barnsley are playing us at the right time to end their own dreadful sequence of results imho.

Well, we rode our luck, but there was guts and determination aplenty today.

Glad I was wrong and thank fk I was.

Not exactly sure how we held on for the win. I was nervous every time they got a corner. We could have made it easier for ourselves particularly if Bakinson showed more strength given his size and if Wells had threatened the goal more than he did the south stand Heineken sign but perhaps winning a game in this manner is just what we need. Massengo the Magnificent gets the nod for Mom for me. 

• Like 1

Phew. What a great feeling to get that win. The scenes after the final whistle were memorable and I thought the crowd got behind the team superbly in those last few minutes. 

City were mainly poor and did the usual thing in the last part of the game where we invited pressure and failed to keep hold of the ball, but at least we can enjoy a Saturday night after a home match again. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Southport Red said:

Oh yes!  Devante Cole headed over the bar from about 0.5 metres ?‍♂️?

Oh dear...massive points to be 10 points clear of relegation but not looking good. I saw Nigel interview after the game and that shows exactly that he is worried also.

Oh dear; it's wrist slitting time at Barnsley. (Some of their comments are sooooo similar to ones that occasionally appear on here).

http://barnsleyfc.org.uk/threads/what-will-you-be-doing-next-season.309209/

At the rate we're going I'm not going to bother renewing next season. If I want to watch footy on a Saturday I will probably just walk down to watch Wombwell Town such is my complete apathy towards my beloved Reds. Never felt like this in nearly nearly 35 years of following Barnsley.

Hopefully Barnsley, under new owners. Maybe Bradford Park Avenue if I go back to grass roots.

As pleased as I was with our victory, the fact Barnsley fans are so unhappy with their lot really puts that performance in perspective. I can stomach being taken apart by Bournemouth and WBA but not dominated by Barnsley at home, and for periods yesterday that’s exactly what happened.

Pearson needs to sort this shower out double quick because we may have ended that embarrassing winless run but turned the corner we have not.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Red-Robbo said:

I must go on holiday more often.

Clearly we'll win the f-ing league if I'm not there!   :rofl2br:

On 30/10/2021 at 09:42, exAtyeoMax said:

Gutted to be missing this today, I’ll be listening in on the NX040 on the M4. Off to see Bauhaus at Ally Pally…She’s in Parties…

On 30/10/2021 at 12:42, Davefevs said:

Nor me.  Was meant to be in Cornwall anyway, but been ill…so Mrs Fevs has quarantined me to upstairs…with iPad, Mac and sky sports.  God, the brownie points are mounting!

so come on then,cant all be jinxes, own up,who is it???   or if anyone couldnt wear their lucky pants,burn the ruddy things

Edited by redsquirrel
  • Haha 2