IGNORED

Kalas

JonDolman

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thank god we have that man. Absolutely outstanding.

Him and Bentley superb. Can't believe they didn't score a 2nd, but they would have had more chances if Kalas didn't keep getting in the way.

It's great that he's good at blocking.

I just wish, as with last season, that as a team we could stop the shots in the first place!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Thank god we have that man. Absolutely outstanding.

Him and Bentley superb. Can't believe they didn't score a 2nd, but they would have had more chances if Kalas didn't keep getting in the way.

Finally a performance to match his price tag and wages!

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

7 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Utterly immense.

Heroic.

As was his partner Atkinson.

And Bentley.

The rest of it needs a hell of a lot of work. 

Yep & Jesus Christ, how sporting of us to play with 10 men for the last 22 minutes.

Whoever thought Benarous was ready needs a serious re-think. Nowhere near (yet).

10 minutes ago, bris red said:

Finally a performance to match his price tag and wages!

Utter bollocks, been bailing us out regularly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Yep & Jesus Christ, how sporting of us to play with 10 men for the last 22 minutes.

Whoever thought Benarous was ready needs a serious re-think. Nowhere near (yet).

Utter bollocks, been bailing us out regularly.

The Benarous substitution was extraordinary. Somehow we got away with it. Not quite sure how.

• Flames 1

Kalas excellent in so many things, saw how good he is sweeping up because he has great pace….but, tin hat on….he is doing Tanner a disservice by keeping him so narrow in early phase of opposition possession.

That area needs significant work!  Kalas does not need him so close, he’s good enough to mark or sweep from there.

But overall he was v.good today.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Kalas excellent in so many things, saw how good he is sweeping up because he has great pace….but, tin hat on….he is doing Tanner a disservice by keeping him so narrow in early phase of opposition possession.

That area needs significant work!  Kalas does not need him so close, he’s good enough to mark or sweep from there.

But overall he was v.good today.

It’s interesting that you seem to assume that it’s the RCB decides where the RB plays. I remember you’ve made similar comments about Flint.

Could it be a coach’s or RB decision?

• Like 1

Just now, Henry said:

It’s interesting that you seem to assume that it’s the RCB decides where the RB plays. I remember you’ve made similar comments about Flint.

I think Nige likes the back 4 to play narrow. If he doesn't then they haven't been listening!

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

Yes, of course, but as players who now have ownership, if Kalas or Tanner feel it’s an issue, then they can speak up.

If you’re playing a bog standard 442 then your widemen can help and allow you to be a bit more narrow.

I think it will be the feature of my “the little things” this week if I can get the right video footage to show it.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yes, of course, but as players who now have ownership, if Kalas or Tanner feel it’s an issue, then they can speak up.

If you’re playing a bog standard 442 then your widemen can help and allow you to be a bit more narrow.

I think it will be the feature of my “the little things” this week if I can get the right video footage to show it.

Be interested to see that. It seemed like Pring was pressing hard and wide.

• Like 1

Just now, Henry said:

Be interested to see that. It seemed like Pring was pressing hard and wide.

Yes, I think Atkinson is happier with his distances.

Not just Kalas’s fault btw, no way should two passes: CB to LCB, LCB to LWB get you 60 yards up the pitch so regularly.  Systemic of overall shape issues.