IGNORED

Benarous

GrahamC

I don’t want to knock the kid, but how much off the standard was he?

Could see a case for taking him back off, so weak and letting his man go repeatedly.

It was like playing with 10 men, not sure he made a single positive contribution.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Could see a case for taking him back off, so weak and letting his man go repeatedly.

It was like playing with 10 men, not sure he made a single positive contribution.

I didn’t see any of it. In fact I’m half cut having watched the first half of the cricket, but if what you say is correct, it wouldn’t make him drastically different to the vast majority of the team now would it?

Hes a youngster. I’m inclined to cut him some slack. 

Edited by Fordy62

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

He looked a bit caught between to me. Wasn’t sure which man to mark, what positions to take up. No different to Bakinson before him, I put that down to formation & possibly having someone so young & inexperienced behind him. But worked hard & will gain from it. COYR 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Was quite surprised to see him come on.

I think O’Dowda needs to leave the club, but he seemed the most natural sub

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

16 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

So you'll post a dedicated thread picking out his weakness. As has previously been said the kid should be cut some slack. Just staggered that there seems to be an obsession with having something to moan about. 

• Like 12
  • Flames 2

7 minutes ago, Henry said:

Was quite surprised to see him come on.

I think O’Dowda needs to leave the club, but he seemed the most natural sub

Or Scott, who has shown before he’s good enough.

On what I saw I’d rather that Simpson came on & Tanner played in front of him.

1 minute ago, 054123 said:

I watched him and Bakinson today, Christ did he take a beating. The stuff you can get away with throw-ins!

Yep, they should’ve earned 10-12 fouls today….and sometimes as manager you have to think - Martin is getting bugger all, I need to change him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Didn’t he run into a team mate of his, on a couple of occasions ?

He certainly did, not sure if he just ran into team mates but appeared to actually tackle them too! 

His time will come, but today was a difficult debut

• Like 3

Maybe just for a change, just wanted someone with energy on the pitch who hasn't been mantally scarred. 

Someone for the fans to get behind,someone for the senior players to rally around. A distraction from the nervous energy. 

Concede and its insanity 

Win and it worked; was it down to the sub? Prob not, but it's not like the standard option has worked for the last 18 thousand years 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I thought Martin should’ve come off too…needed Bell’s legs to chase stuff down.

I’m.not sure he should have started but definitely should have come off. We were crying out for someone to put their foot on the ball and keep possession and Martin today was all flicks and attempted layoffs which rarely came off.  Would have loved to see Scott on for the last half hour to bring us a bit more composure. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

No need for this thread picking out a 17 year old who two months ago was nowhere near this squad and clearly nervous. Expect he will be delighted to see a thread dedicated to how he was off the standard.  

In fairness if the OP hadn’t have started the thread someone else would have done, if anything blame the manager for throwing him into the situation when he wasn’t ready 

Edited by pl00peh91

In fairness to the lad to be brought on at that time in the game with the amount of pressure on the result it was always going to be tough for him.

The fair and reasonable thing to do would be to reserve judgment untill he is given a proper opportunity because by all accounts he is ridiculously talented on the ball and always looks to play the forward pass to make things happen, he could be just what we need as the season progresses. I echo others though it was strange timing by Pearson to bring him on today.

• Like 3

As others have said it was a strange sub to make and he definitely looked a yard off the pace. He did get on the ball a couple of times and looked technically good but he also looked lightweight and too easy to get past.

I’m sure he’ll be a great player in time but today wasn’t the day for him and it could have cost us. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

He certainly did, not sure if he just ran into team mates but appeared to actually tackle them too! 

His time will come, but today was a difficult debut

Thought as much them running into him, think it was him and Martin that lost the ball in the lead up to the Cole clearance off our line, but for me that was Martin more at fault than Benarous. Didn’t think he had quite as poor a debut as most are indicating, didn’t help him that our defence constantly dragged too far left. 

• Like 2