IGNORED

Downsy

Henry

12 minutes ago, Henry said:
If a straight male club employee, made a similar post about the ladies team, would this be okay?

From my experience of following the women's team, and women's football overall, there usually isn't any content from the dressing rooms, or at least the players dressed down like of that in the Bears clip above.

Downsy is a good role model for the LGBTQIA+ community, especially in sport

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

From my experience of following the women's team, and women's football overall, there usually isn't any content from the dressing rooms, or at least the players dressed down like of that in the Bears clip above.

Nothing to do with his sexuality.

Its a Bristol Sport employee drooling over players. He has form for being inappropriate 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, Henry said:

If a straight male club employee, made a similar post about the ladies team, would this be okay?

weird bloke

Are you only complaining because you wish you were in dressing room too? Sandwiches between the king of southmead and a tub of vicks vaporub?

Rugby professionals are always banging on a bout their Rigs! 

Seems like you’re a bit of a Karen who gets offended on behalf of other people when in reality there’s nothing to get offended by!

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Strange isn't it. I have had several chats with him over the last few years, both here in Portishead and at the ground and I never realised. It's never come up in conversation, I guess because it's totally unimportant.

Absolutely 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Strange isn't it. I have had several chats with him over the last few years, both here in Portishead and at the ground and I never realised. It's never come up in conversation, I guess because it's totally unimportant.

I only ask because (a) I didn’t know and (b) it was the only way in my head I could make the original post make any sense!

• Like 4

On 30/10/2021 at 18:11, shahanshahan said:

Interested in your opinion on this as a big follower of the ladies team - do you think the tweet is appropriate from Downsy? I know it's just emojis but it's obvious what he's implying. 

If, theoretically, there was similar footage of the ladies team - it would clearly be inappropriate if an employee did something similar in response wouldn't it?

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Interested in your opinion on this as a big follower of the ladies team - do you think the tweet is appropriate from Downsy? I know it's just emojis but it's obvious what he's implying. 

If, theoretically, there was similar footage of the ladies team - it would clearly be inappropriate if an employee did something similar in response wouldn't it?

Thank you - I’m surprised others didn’t understand.

13 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I can only assume the tweet with the emojis has been taken out of context, as the main focus is the video of the Bears singing Blackbird after a game, which they usually do whether it's on the pitch or in the dressing room. Also, I don't know if he's technically an employee as he's freelance, or at least he is for his other work in radio etc.

If I had a serious problem with a tweet like this, I'd reply to them directly to clarify, to be honest

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, shahanshahan said:

I can only assume the tweet with the emojis has been taken out of context, as the main focus is the video of the Bears singing Blackbird after a game, which they usually do whether it's on the pitch or in the dressing room. Also, I don't know if he's technically an employee as he's freelance, or at least he is for his other work in radio etc.

If I had a serious problem with a tweet like this, I'd reply to them directly to clarify, to be honest

No, I think it's pretty obvious what the emojis mean in that context.

I don't think anyone here has a 'serious problem' with the tweet - just raising a valid question about whether its appropriate and whether there are double standards. 

In terms of overall equality that we all (right?) strive for, no it probably isn't appropriate - however to use it as a stick to beat the feminism cause (or equality cause lets say) is wrong. Mis steps in the strive for equality does not give old fashioned values regarding woman the right to continue

• Like 1

Guys it’s pretty obvious what Henry was saying, and that tweet isn’t suitable for someone employed by Bristol sport.

Downsy homosexuality doesn’t come into play here in the context really, if he tweeted unsuitable emojis for women players it still wouldn’t be suitable. 

Or is this ok as they are male, so sexual harassment etc doesn’t count?  

Or is it ok, as downsy is a homosexual male and they are male also? 

Looking at one of his replies to his tweet when someone put “deary me downsy”,

he put 

“sorry babes. You’re just not my type” . 

@JerrySLO Is this really suitable from a Bristol sport employee to be sexualising other employees? 

Edited by S25loyal
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Fjmcity said:

In terms of overall equality that we all (right?) strive for, no it probably isn't appropriate - however to use it as a stick to beat the feminism cause (or equality cause lets say) is wrong. Mis steps in the strive for equality does not give old fashioned values regarding woman the right to continue

I didn’t see it as a stick to beat the equality cause - quite the opposite. Seems more like a complaint about hypocrisy, ie the attitudes that straight men have been rightly condemned for, now seem fair game from women and gay men. We should all be judged by the same criteria, surely, in the name of equality?

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s undoubtedly inappropriate, but I’m not offended by it. 

If it were semi naked women in the same scenario there would be outrage.

Why should it make any difference is it’s a men or women in the video? 

What Leveller has said is completely correct, is a tweet like that on as downsy is a gay male? 

If the presenter of robins tv during home games, I can’t remember his name, tweeted a picture of a female player with emojis that wouldn’t be ok, would it?