IGNORED

Downsy

Henry

1 minute ago, S25loyal said:

Why should it make any difference is it’s a men or women in the video? 

What Leveller has said is completely correct, is a tweet like that on as downsy is a gay male? 

If the presenter of robins tv during home games, I can’t remember his name, tweeted a picture of a female player with emojis that wouldn’t be ok, would it?

No, it’s completely inappropriate. If he’d just shared the video, it would’ve been fine. It’s the emoji use that objectifies*

*I don’t necessarily care mind, but many would if a few role reversals were made. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, S25loyal said:

Guys it’s pretty obvious what Henry was saying, and that tweet isn’t suitable for someone employed by Bristol sport.

Downsy homosexuality doesn’t come into play here in the context really, if he tweeted unsuitable emojis for women players it still wouldn’t be suitable. 

Or is this ok as they are male, so sexual harassment etc doesn’t count?  

Or is it ok, as downsy is a homosexual male and they are male also? 

Looking at one of his replies to his tweet when someone put “deary me downsy”,

he put 

“sorry babes. You’re just not my type” . 

@JerrySLO Is this really suitable from a Bristol sport employee to be sexualising other employees? 

Why are you so offended by this? Genuine question.

5 minutes ago, Super said:

Why are you so offended by this? Genuine question.

Offended isn’t the correct word, how can any employee (free lancing or not), openly sexualise other employees or anyone for that matter to be suitable? 

If you did the same to female employees (or male if you are that way inclined) at your work, how would that go down? 

• Confused 1

On 30/10/2021 at 18:11, shahanshahan said:

From my experience of following the women's team, and women's football overall, there usually isn't any content from the dressing rooms, or at least the players dressed down like of that in the Bears clip above.

Downsy is a good role model for the LGBTQIA+ community, especially in sport

How many more letters are going to be added?  It's getting silly.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is anyone else still really confused or is it just me.

What do the emojis that Downsey has used mean, and why does someone retweeting someone else's content become inappropriate?

The emoji use has more than an undertone of sexual objectification… a good defence would be that they were a lot of hot sweaty men who’d just finished a game of rugby, it wouldnt necessarily be a defence I’d believe however!

Please note however, I take no offence, I’m merely answering your question. 

3 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

What do the emojis that Downsey has used mean, and why does someone retweeting someone else's content become inappropriate?

Those emoji's are commonly used to show a kind of sweating brow. When used under a picture of a model in a bikini say it would mean the user thinks the image/person is attractive/sexy.

So used in this context by Downsy it seems entirely inappropriate for a person in a position of 'power'.

6 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Just a standard overreaction by some on here. Pathetic really.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

The emoji is often used to communicate that you think someone is attractive. So in the context it seems that Downsey is saying that about the rugby players. 

I think some people are frustrated because they feel that if a straight male employee did the same thing about female Bristol Sport athlete's the straight employee's post would be challenged on it more seriously. 

However, I doubt many men are actually offended by Downsy being attracted to the rugby players, as I think @Fordy62 is saying. 

Edited by CheddarReds
  • Like 7

4 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

Cheers.. Ill let him know that.. What about the  plus sign at the end hes just asked though... 

tell your friend, it means anyone else who doesn’t fit into any of the categories that the letters stand for. At least that’s what I think it means. 

12 minutes ago, CheddarReds said:

The emoji is often used to communicate that you think someone is attractive. So in the context it seems that Downsey is saying that about the rugby players. 

I think some people are frustrated because they feel that if a straight male employee did the same thing about female Bristol Sport athlete's the straight employee's post would be challenged on it more seriously. 

However, I doubt many men are actually offended by Downsy being attracted to the rugby players, as I think @Fordy62 is saying. 

Hasn’t this hit the nail on the head though, how does/did he know it’s offensive to the players or other people will find it offensive? 

Its the same as joey with his holocaust comments, its pretty clear he didn’t mean it in that context but he shouldn’t of said it to begin with. 

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

It’s undoubtedly inappropriate, but I’m not offended by it

If it were semi naked women in the same scenario there would be outrage.

Nor am i - but the standards should be the same both ways no? if he did the same towards the womens team, he'd be gone.

• Like 5

I couldn't care less to be honest, whether it's about his sexuality or the actual post/tweet.

There's a lot of people getting offended on behalf of other people, but in this day and age I can't say I'm overly surprised.

Is it really that different though to a video of a promotion winning team celebrating in the dressing rooms afterwards? The times we've seen that through the years with players running around in their pants, there is no comparison really.

The suggestive comments from Downsy however, probably in hindsight shouldn't have been included. If it weren't for those, I doubt much would be being mentioned about it.