IGNORED

Fans brilliant today

Topper 123

9 minutes ago, Magger1 said:

I thought the fans were brilliant today ,boo them when they were shit and sat off the ball and that was correct to let em know they weren’t committed enough , then when needed the whole ground was stood up and cheering them over the line , not heard it that loud for a long time COYR 

I know what you’re saying, but after their  goal went in we needed to lift the place.

I was as pissed as the next person but with still 2 thirds if the game to go against poor opponents, I felt we didn’t need to be too negative.

Shame so many missed our brace ?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

The end of the game was ******* outstanding support. Felt like a real moment. 

One step beyond post FT a random shout but sent the place into delirium 

I was quite emotional, there seemed to be a real belief that we could win just through sheer force of will, it's worth noting that some of the chants were being started by the South Stand section behind the goal rather than the "East End", The One Step Beyond moment as we were leaving was excellent, I had a little dance with one of the stewards, it was a such a feeling of relief more than anything else.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, 054123 said:

I know what you’re saying, but after their  goal went in we needed to lift the place.

I was as pissed as the next person but with still 2 thirds if the game to go against poor opponents, I felt we didn’t need to be too negative.

One guy near me literally got up and left after Barnsley scored............

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I was quite emotional, there seemed to be a real belief that we could win just through sheer force of will, it's worth noting that some of the chants were being started by the South Stand section behind the goal rather than the "East End", The One Step Beyond moment as we were leaving was excellent, I had a little dance with one of the stewards, it was a such a feeling of relief more than anything else.

I was going mental for our brace.

Shouting at the rest of the section to start getting behind the team only to realise loads had already popped under the stand ?

It just had that feeling today.

• Like 1

All agreed on this!  We are normally quite bad as a crowd at exerting nervous energy, especially when it goes beyond 85 mins, so to hear red army on loop, vs groans really made a difference i think. Commented to the old man when leaving that it is nuts that quite a bit of the squad have never experienced winning at home in front of a city crowd, this will hopefully will give them a taste for it now!.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

The end of the game was ******* outstanding support. Felt like a real moment. 

One step beyond post FT a random shout but sent the place into delirium 

Agreed, the support in the last 10 minutes to get us over the line was outstanding. I don't think I've ever heard 'Red Army' so loud. 

One Step Beyond on the way out was great fun! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Another point - the minute`s silence for Remembrance Day pre match was observed immaculately. Well done all.

It was in the stands but from where I was there was loads of noise from people still on the concourse.

Edited by One Team
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, 054123 said:

Serious question, but when all those of you are in the concourse and we score, do you all celebrate madly or just a little fist pump?

1 hour ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

Another thing worth noting, it proves that all the talk of acoustics and crowd placement doesn’t mean shit if the stadium is willing to support the team vocally. 

I’ve said it a few times on here, there was no issue with acoustics when we beat Man Utd, a great atmosphere is there for the taking if the fans get behind the team

• Like 3