IGNORED

Fans brilliant today

Topper 123

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I was quite emotional, there seemed to be a real belief that we could win just through sheer force of will, it's worth noting that some of the chants were being started by the South Stand section behind the goal rather than the "East End", The One Step Beyond moment as we were leaving was excellent, I had a little dance with one of the stewards, it was a such a feeling of relief more than anything else.

Blimey, other people starting chants.

shall we get the medals out?

1 hour ago, S25loyal said:

Blimey, other people starting chants.

shall we get the medals out?

Well it certainly made a change that all the crowd joined in with them, rather than the East End shouting them down with their own chants like kids throwing their toys out of the pram. 

While we're at it, it pisses me off when they ask other parts of the ground to bounce around, and then boo them no matter how well they respond. ******* "superfans".

Oh and while I am on a roll, I think they have been responsible for this bad run of results by tempting fate every time we have been winning. You all know what I mean........

"How shit must you be we're winning at home" ..........

Cue the equaliser/winner from the opposition. :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Can we do this again every time we need to grind out a result? (Not expecting if we are 3-0 up/or down)

Hell, we all know it's going to be a battle every game, but let's do it again and again and again. If it gets us home wins. Our home record can be helped by all of us and damn did it feel like we all earnt the final whistle.

Red Army ?⚪

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

36 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Well it certainly made a change that all the crowd joined in with them, rather than the East End shouting them down with their own chants like kids throwing their toys out of the pram. 

While we're at it, it pisses me off when they ask other parts of the ground to bounce around, and then boo them no matter how well they respond. ******* "superfans".

Oh and while I am on a roll, I think they have been responsible for this bad run of results by tempting fate every time we have been winning. You all know what I mean........

Quite a few of those superfans missed both of our goals for the sake of another pint ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Shock horror, atmosphere improves when everyone makes an effort. 

Well I’ll be damned. 

Not exactly rocket science is it, a handful of lads trying in a corner of the ground most games, as you have proven if others make an effort too, instead of being sat in complete silence most games the difference is massive.

Not really anything to do with super fans is it, it’s always been the same. 

Edited by S25loyal
  • Like 2

It’s been said many times on here before , the support is need from the start to get the team pumping but everyone needs to be in right mood ie boring music in concourse before games sending people to sleep .The music as we left was brilliant people all around ground singing ONE STEP BEYOND come on city liven the ground up a few tribute bands at different points of ground ie oasis etc and please please address the awful beer / lager 

17 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

As someone relatively new to the "new" EE having moved there this season it's quite an interesting place and not what it seems from the outside. There's no shouting down of others chants, you can't hear any of them TBH - there seems to be about 5 different places songs start from in the corner and at any one time the EE might have 3 different songs going at the same time, it's really only the drum or megaphone that brings it all together. If your outside you would only hear the ones that get to 3 or more of these smaller groups.

I don't think anyone in there thinks of themselves as superfan, that would be something others project on to them because they are the noisy singers, from what I have seen they mostly like having fun, want to create/enjoy the atmosphere and want to enjoy the football (mostly in that order).

Booing other parts of the ground is stupid but it's very much part of the type of humour I think - tongue in cheek, self depreciation, gallows humour much like the "how shit must you be" song but in the context of the order of preference of fun, atmosphere then football it kind of makes sense if a bit counter productive, same as the same Joey Barton songs 5 mins into the game.

Having moved there from the middle of the SS I certainly prefer it to having some obnoxious moaning old bloke sat behind me that thought he was the next next Andy Gray but knew **** all about football. Despite the results this season I have always walked away having enjoyed myself more if also a little horse.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

That's bloody good !

I thought so too - slightly more than for the Forest game which I find surprising because a) Forest brought more fans and b) I wouldn’t blame City fans for not wanting to go again for a very long time after that horror show.

Wasn’t so very long ago that would have been a full house at AG and we’d have no chance of getting that many for a midseason game against a poor side with low numbers following them away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pezo said:

aspKsAs someone relatively new to the "new" EE having moved there this season it's quite an interesting place and not what it seems from the outside. There's no shouting down of others chants, you can't hear any of them TBH - there seems to be about 5 different places songs start from in the corner and at any one time the EE might have 3 different songs going at the same time, it's really only the drum or megaphone that brings it all together. If your outside you would only hear the ones that get to 3 or more of these smaller groups.

I don't think anyone in there thinks of themselves as superfan, that would be something others project on to them because they are the noisy singers, from what I have seen they mostly like having fun, want to create/enjoy the atmosphere and want to enjoy the football (mostly in that order).

Booing other parts of the ground is stupid but it's very much part of the type of humour I think - tongue in cheek, self depreciation, gallows humour much like the "how shit must you be" song but in the context of the order of preference of fun, atmosphere then football it kind of makes sense if a bit counter productive, same as the same Joey Barton songs 5 mins into the game.

Having moved there from the middle of the SS I certainly prefer it to having some obnoxious moaning old bloke sat behind me that thought he was the next next Andy Gray but knew **** all about football. Despite the results this season I have always walked away having enjoyed myself more if also a little horse.

Pezo, you sum it all up perfectly for that area, it’s the same now as it was when the east end was reopened with that “image”. 

In reality it’s nothing like what people assume, even the booing people take seriously for some reason.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

That's bloody good !

I think the voucher code (2 4 1)  offer may have had an effect, and perhaps shows there is an audience out there at a particular price point.

2 hours ago, Pezo said:

As someone relatively new to the "new" EE having moved there this season it's quite an interesting place and not what it seems from the outside. There's no shouting down of others chants, you can't hear any of them TBH - there seems to be about 5 different places songs start from in the corner and at any one time the EE might have 3 different songs going at the same time, it's really only the drum or megaphone that brings it all together. If your outside you would only hear the ones that get to 3 or more of these smaller groups.

Yes to be fair my comments (apart from the "how shit must you be" stuff) was more of a response to the annoying negativity from other posters. The stuff about shouting down other chants was more about previous seasons so I take that back. I am right on the edge of the singing section but even from there, myself or others around us have prompted some chants. It's something I have often found fascinating, why sometimes an individual shout will become a chant and yet often it can just fall on deaf ears. I'll bet there is a paper somewhere that someone has done for their dissertation sometime on just that phenomena. :) 

• Like 1