IGNORED

Jordan Williams (Barnsley No 2!)

Denbury Red

14 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

I thought he was outstanding today - his movement, control and shots on goal were much better than any of our midfield - and his energy matched Massengo (who again was probably our best player!).

If Barnsley go down (I know there is a long way to go but ..) he would be a great asset!

Yes, very impressive…one to keep tabs on….can play either side too.

36 minutes ago, Denbury Red said:

I thought he was outstanding today - his movement, control and shots on goal were much better than any of our midfield - and his energy matched Massengo (who again was probably our best player!).

If Barnsley go down (I know there is a long way to go but ..) he would be a great asset!

A product of the Huddersfield Academy, https://www.podbean.com/lsw/voj3TKjf6G?lsid=mLqnnUyOuVj

32 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

It's a no from me.

Plenty of other players from their side today who would improve us but not him.

Who the heck was their no.10 who came on at half time? 

This young man.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Benson

I thought he ran the game in the 2nd 45.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This young man.

James strolled over to take our (inept) corners,  while this young man ran over with enthusiasm to take theirs. And take them he did. A definte player in the making.

Edited by AppyDAZE

9 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

This young man.

I watched him warming up during half time (yes I'm sad!!) and thought he was striking a lovely ball but thought he'd probably not produce that if we got into him. 

We didn't get into him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Woodrow seemed to be playing very deep today, almost midfield at times, good for us in the circumstances.

Played a bit like Firminho at times, especially last season when they played a front three, with the two side forwards running beyond.

Good player.  Neve got a chance here….always bugs me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

They signed him from Burnley in the Summer.

Ahh, because he definitely stood out in the second half. I watched him move and look for the ball so often. He crossed the ball really well, and just looked the part. I never realised he was only 21 until tonight. Played so well.. Let's face it, they deserved to win anyway, and they had the better footballers on the day. We defended well though. A great back 3 traingle on Kalas, Atkinson and Bents

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Played a bit like Firminho at times, especially last season when they played a front three, with the two side forwards running beyond.

I very much enjoyed watching him, whenever Barnsley were on the TV last season. Droppings off on to the DM and then triggering the press when the ball went backwards. Probably won’t be a 20 a season striker but very good in that type of system. I like him. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Thought that our full backs were very narrow today and gave their number 2 far too much time and space - decent player but we made him look better.

Agree with this. He did play well, but most right backs would look good with as much time and space as he had.

(....he also had an embarrassing haircut)

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

He absolutely detested it here though, and I've heard that from people who would know, so it might be one of those chicken and egg situations.

• Like 1