IGNORED

Cider and any UK expats what ones can you buy on line or get locally.

City oz

15 minutes ago, Slacker said:

At last.A reason to visit Australia!

The first I visited Oz it was virtually impossible to get cider anywhere. I managed to find some medium cans of cider but it was incredibly sweet!

Three years later I went back to WA and in a riverside pub just outside Freemantle ( beautiful place btw) my partners brother bought the drinks and brought over a what I was expecting - a pint of lager. I tasted it……it was Thatchers Gold! They had it on draught. 

Quite remarkable considering that cider three years earlier was like gold dust.

Yep, Old Rosie is about as good as it gets in Oz. Plays havoc with my guts though so I'll only occasionally buy a flagon as a treat. You can get Gold in Dan Murphy's but christ knows what they do to it to make it sweet like all other Oz ciders. (I think I've tried them all ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CrazyInWeston said:

I'd like to go on a holiday to Spain. Now I hate lager and beer, cider is my only option (dont really want to touch the Gin/Vodka stuff as that's foul too)

Since Spain is a popular destination with us Brits (Southern Spain especially cos of the warmth and sunshine) What are the cider options there?

If you are going to one of the mass market tourist areas populated by loads of Brits, then you will find quite a large choice of the ciders sold in the UK - Strongbow seems to be widely available (I know) as is Magners.

I have tried quite a few of the local ciders, especially in the north of Spain, and they are very nice - and far cheaper than their imported British equivalents.

• Like 1