IGNORED

The plan

Davefevs

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

That’s completely wrong.

SL has a strategy/policy of a manager creating a squad with a blend of youngsters and experienced players - that’s why he was so patient with LJ.

If we go back 4 or 5 years SL talked about ‘sustainability and stability’  

If you read B it talks about deciding on 'a style of football'. Neither of the above has anything to do with that. 

If you look at Swansea they appointed a series of managers to stick to a certain style of football and eventually got promoted. Not so successful recently but for a few years you knew what type of game to expect from them.

We have no consistency in what style of football we want our players to deliver and don't look for a coach who will play the 'bcfc' way because there is no plan on what that should be. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

If you read B it talks about deciding on 'a style of football'. Neither of the above has anything to do with that. 

If you look at Swansea they appointed a series of managers to stick to a certain style of football and eventually got promoted. Not so successful recently but for a few years you knew what type of game to expect from them.

We have no consistency in what style of football we want our players to deliver and don't look for a coach who will play the 'bcfc' way because there is no plan on what that should be. 

An implementation of a style could well be an integral part of Nige’s remit. Hopefully he can get first team squad playing to a definite style and pass that style down throughout the club.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

An implementation of a style could well be an integral part of Nige’s remit. Hopefully he can get first team squad playing to a definite style and pass that style down throughout the club.

Yes - but the point made by the diagram is the Board/DoF should be deciding it. If the manager does it then it will change when he gets the boot. This is where I think SL has failed as he's never had a proper football man on the board.

If NP becomes that man long term and stays with a new coach fair enough. Lansdown has never done anything like that before, although maybe he thought he was with the snake oil salesman. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Yes - but the point made by the diagram is the Board/DoF should be deciding it. If the manager does it then it will change when he gets the boot. This is where I think SL has failed as he's never had a proper football man on the board.

If NP becomes that man long term and stays with a new coach fair enough. Lansdown has never done anything like that before, although maybe he thought he was with the snake oil salesman. 

If I and others had £1 for every time we’d posted this we could buy him out!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If I and others had £1 for every time we’d posted this we could buy him out!

It could be that Nige is that man.

Ive posted before that Nige is an established manager with a promotion from the Championship  on his CV - the first since Danny Wilson. He’s has been involved in football all his working life and obviously has a deep knowledge and understanding of the beautiful game.

We saw during his original short deal how quickly he identified what was missing, not just on the pitch but off it as well  and he certainly impressed me and I daresay many City fans with his assessment of the shambles he inherited.

A very simple puzzle, makes perfect sense and yet so many get it so wrong. I doubt we even knew there a puzzle, or maybe we did , but someone had hidden the lid or picture. 
Then there was Steve Cotterill . We brought in the Coach we needed. We brought in the players the coach wanted, we had players scouted and sold to buy all within budget . The Jigsaw was complete.
Then Steve knocked the puzzle over, Mark Ashton hid the lid and Lee Johnson couldn't make up his mind whether it was a Puzzle or snakes & ladders.
Currently Nige is frantically looking under table for the Box and the few missing pieces. He may have found the Lid, only time will tell if it's the right Lid.

• Flames 1