IGNORED

Birmingham City away match day thread

1 minute ago, TomThumb84 said:

Not sure Holden had to deal with all that to be honest.

If you haven’t got the nous or ability to see beyond the pure results then not surprised you can’t be bothered.

All a bit basic to be honest.

Oh I see... You think we're playing well...?! 

?

5 minutes ago, lukebcfc1989 said:

The strikers are not the issue you are clueless sir 

The are definitely part of the problem. All of them routinely losing possession. Wells hit a row z when clean through last week. Weimann in this game. Martin anonymous in most of the past 8 games...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Just now, samo II said:

One game in how many?

We look absolutely rudderless more games than not; he’s meant to be a leader and a captain - has he done anything to justify that?

I don’t get how the hugest paid, most senior players are getting defended here when they are offering us nothing in terms of performance or leadership - has Kalas driven us on to greater things since he arrived? No. He part of the problem here.

If we're looking at players/positions to replace on the field currently, or in the squad, Kalas would be near the bottom of my list personally.

He was our captain - clearly didn't want it and is no longer.

By your logic everyone is part of the problem, which I don't agree with!

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

**** me are you that daft. What has he got to pick from? Look at vyner tonight . League one at best. Bakinson has had a ok game for him but he’s not good enough. O’dowda , league one player. Pearson said in the summer , we had to reduce the wage bill , hence  12 players being released. Wake up & smell the coffee , this is at lansdowns door . 

Nobody expects us to get promoted.

Wed just like a game plan and shape, for starters...! 

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Bakinson plays like a seasoned pro living off past successes and no longer any good. Looks so lazy and disinterested. 

It’s bizarre- he had a very decent first half, he made an early error in the second half, and since then looks worse than a pub player. He does not have the heart or desire to make anything of his career 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Agreed, too many light weighted players that can’t put a shift in. NP is the man for me.  We still got a lot of players to move on.  I agree with NP assessment it’s a 3 year build.

Pinch of salt. 

He'd have said 3 years whatever squad he picked up. 

No point in over-promising and under-delivering. 

1 minute ago, Banjo Island said:

We are looking like a bottom three team gutless soft and just going through the motions i dread to think of the implcations of a return to div one i honestley cant beleive what iam watching

it's depressing that we're only like a 1/3 of the way through the season.... We'll be lucky to survive. I think Derby's points deduction might save us, but we are really really poor

Tonight just goes to show how poor our squad is half our bench wouldnt get in another championship side. Our defence, midfield and attack are all poor and need strenghtening in the Jan window or we are in trouble of going down  The commentator highlighted we have no width in the team why cant NP see this God we are missing Baker Williams and Semenyo...

Rant Over

1 minute ago, Bodiesaffer said:

Agreed, too many light weighted players that can’t put a shift in. NP is the man for me.  We still got a lot of players to move on.  I agree with NP assessment it’s a 3 year build.

Said it for the last few years, we need a nasty bastard in midfield. Perhaps Williams could be it, but definitely need someone who can put it about a bit. Something we’ve not had a for a while

• Like 1

Some slight worries about Pearson creeping in now if I'm honest. I still back him though; on the basis that if we got rid of him who the hell would want to join this shambles? 

We are a massive rebuild project and I think Pearson is probably the best manager a club of our calibre, in our current state, could get.

2 minutes ago, mozo said:

The are definitely part of the problem. All of them routinely losing possession. Wells hit a row z when clean through last week. Weimann in this game. Martin anonymous in most of the past 8 games...

Weimann chasing shadows Wells running around like a headless chicken and Martin gone missing. Terrible.