IGNORED

Birmingham City away match day thread

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Look sunshine . You’re obviously a  bit embarrassed that you’ve little idea about the game & how players are rested to save them from injury. It’s fine , don’t worry . Goodnight 

Yeh, a real master stroke to play Vyner in midfield instead of our best player, you are totally clueless

1 minute ago, billywedlock said:

Everyone can keep winding themselves up into volcano of negativity , but if you are unable to understand the mighty mess that the club created over the last 4 years and the financial black hole that we have, at least come up with some intelligent suggestions about what could be done right now . 

Plenty can’t see this. It’s all Pearson’s fault. As you said , downward spiral for 4 years . But some , actually plenty seem to think it can be turned around in a few months , with basically the same squad that got us in this mess. 

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Plenty can’t see this. It’s all Pearson’s fault. As you said , downward spiral for 4 years . But some , actually plenty seem to think it can be turned around in a few months , with basically the same squad that got us in this mess. 

I’m not sure who is saying that.  I am saying that he has to produce better performances than he is even with the caveats. 

6 minutes ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I don’t get why people thought big nige was gonna be class in the first place to be honest, we played 5x better football under Johnson, don’t know where we go from here tbh because he will never get backing in January to buy half decent strikers.

I think the priority is cover for our midfield including a winger and maybe even cover for our defence.

• Like 1

Ive no idea what to think any more. This performance was gutless....again. The gut reaction is "sack Nige" but is that really the answer? Damned if I know. This isnt a computer game...this is as it is. And it isnt pretty. We cant lose a life and re set.... we have to live within financial constraints (much like every other club). A magic wand would make all this disappear....but I dont have one of those

• Like 1
Just now, And Its Smith said:

I’m not sure who is saying that.  I am saying that he has to produce better performances than he is even with the caveats. 

Yeah, this.

There is a vast difference between screaming “Pearson out” and making the point we look worse now than we did at the start of the season, and that isn’t sustainable if we want to stay in this division.

We don’t get a pass on relegation by pointing out our problems are deep rooted; those with the ability to influence things still need to show they are actually doing that.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
4 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Everyone can keep winding themselves up into volcano of negativity , but if you are unable to understand the mighty mess that the club created over the last 4 years and the financial black hole that we have, at least come up with some intelligent suggestions about what could be done right now . 

That’s what really bothers me, how the hell have we ended up so badly set up as a team at this level?

We’ve earned more than most championship clubs in player sales & a wealthy owner splashing on facilities so while FFP is a challenge, cash necessarily isn’t.

What a missed opportunity for the club not to hire the right team to manage recruitment & talent ID.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, stephenkibby. said:

Why the hell would Lowe leave a team that hasn't been beat since the first day of the season,beat Ipswich in front of 16.000 on Saturday.

With a fair chance of being in this division next season with Plymouth, to come to this cluster **** of a club?

Money 

11 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

I suppose I'm expecting some plan, and some composure from the players. Is it a coaching issue? A management issue? Tactical? It's shambolic.

Is it possible to bring in some freebies/loans? 

Is the squad that bad?

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

It’s a thankless task though ain’t it. Our midfield alone is dyer & even though I’ve been slightly critical of Matty james lately. We completely fell apart when he went off . As for vyner ?

1 minute ago, Red Alert said:

That’s what really bothers me, how the hell have we ended up so badly set up as a team at this level?

We’ve earned more than most championship clubs in player sales & a wealthy owner splashing on facilities so while FFP is a challenge, cash necessarily isn’t.

What a missed opportunity for the club not to hire the right team to manage recruitment & talent ID.

This ^^^. Really depressing isn't it. Our return on investment over the last few years must be the worst in the Championship.

The reality is that there's no quick fix. We're a state and we're going to take a while to sort out. I'm not convinced that a new manager would change that.

As bad as it can be at times, it feels like this is simply a season where we may have to grin and bear it. 

I thought 1st half reasonable. Decent possession and although they had the one- and only- decisive shot on target in that half, we had some chances of our own- felt like it could go either way.

James going off surely didn't help, quite a young midfield and Massengo and Bakinson dunno about that! 2nd half terrible...disappointing- Gardner who I had down as conservative scored, Hogan too...we just conceded too easily and 4 shots on target, 3 goals that's clinical but not good for us 2nd half especially. Hope James is back soon, wonder how match fit and up to it in that regard Pring and Massengo truly are...

On a side note, not a great fan of the back 3 in general even if I can see how it might have worked tonight.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

We all know that we are short of good strikers, I think both Martin and Wells are OK but both either played out of position or we play a style that dosnt suit them. 

But we do seems to have a squad containing some very young, pacey, creative players - so why not try building a team around them. Like at Man City, you don’t necessarily need to play strikers to score goals. I’d love us to play a high pressing, fast intensity game filled with young players who give their all instead of players such as Martin and Wells who won’t be here next year. 

4 minutes ago, brad blit said:

We all know that we are short of good strikers, I think both Martin and Wells are OK but both either played out of position or we play a style that dosnt suit them. 

But we do seems to have a squad containing some very young, pacey, creative players - so why not try building a team around them. Like at Man City, you don’t necessarily need to play strikers to score goals. I’d love us to play a high pressing, fast intensity game filled with young players who give their all instead of players such as Martin and Wells who won’t be here next year. 

Soothsayer Soothsayer say me a Sooth.....but in the case of Martin and Wells, if we can offload 'em (from what must be pretty decent wages) I'd agree 

2 hours ago, steviestevieneville said:

Load of bollocks . He’s just come back from a hamstring . The way he plays he needs to be managed. Of course we could flog him to death so he picks up another hamstring injury ?

Might add to that- agree with your post btw, every time I say it he comes up with something, but Martin surely cannot keep being played week in week out- his record is reasonable given IIRC 5 goals and 2 assists or 4 and 2 is it, but really think he will need managing carefully.

3 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Might add to that- agree with your post btw, every time I say it he comes up with something, but Martin surely cannot keep being played week in week out- his record is reasonable given IIRC 5 goals and 2 assists or 4 and 2 is it, but really think he will need managing carefully.

Yeah, Martin looks shot . We know he has ability if not mobility but he’s been poor lately 

• Like 1

We are all frustrated with the situation, just after a heavy loss, we get on one.  We just need to hang in there till January and hope we can bring in a couple that can improve us.  We have 3 players still injured that will make difference Semenyo on the right, he also covers defensively.  We all know how Joe Williams will if fit,  Baker will also.  We just haven’t got the depth in our squad or the right balance right now.   

10 hours ago, 054123 said:

? I’ve already put up with 35, the last 20 of which we’ve had a billionaire in charge.

2 and half years isn’t going to make much difference.

You're lucky, I've put up up with 70 years of it, some good, promotion to the top flight, GJ's almost Prem promotion and L1 champions season, mostly mediocre. a lot of real rubbish. I started going when I was six. my Dad took me in the Atyeo days, but hey, this is Bristol City and sadly I will never see them in the top flight again. No matter who is running the show, mediocre seems to be the accepted norm. Hopefully we will avoid relegation, but it will be an uphill battle, all I know and everyone else knows, is that if performances don't improve very soon, we will be struggling in L1 again next season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 hours ago, billywedlock said:

This sort of response is getting very tedious now.  The issue is that Pearson is not getting the best out of the current squad - far from it - rather than what happened three or four years ago.  It is nothing to do with Mark Ashton or Lee Johnson that Pearson has players playing well below their standard.