IGNORED

Birmingham City away match day thread

8 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

If we're looking at players/positions to replace on the field currently, or in the squad, Kalas would be near the bottom of my list personally.

He was our captain - clearly didn't want it and is no longer.

By your logic everyone is part of the problem, which I don't agree with!

I’m not sure where I said “everyone is part of the problem” but I did say the likes of Kalas are - he might not want to be a leader here, but that alone tells you what type of person he is. I’m sure he’s nice enough, but he’s not what we need.

Add the likes of Wells and Martin to that - this feels like the squad of aging, listless, directionless ‘pros’ that Pulis assembled; no guts, no dynamism.

Sometimes you need to send a message - people will remember the end stage of GJ’s time, but his willingness to change the culture at the start by dropping players and pushing for a new direction, regardless of results is what built the bedrock of his success.

I’m not clear what NP is doing playing these aging, listless pros who offer us nothing, and yet still lose us games terribly; it’s clearly not changing anything, so for me the time for just sitting on our hands is done - start doing the hard things to get where we need to long term, as we’re getting nothing from the alternative.

Edited by samo II
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Simon bristol said:

He signed james king simpson atkinson tanner and re-signed baker and weimann. Thats 7. We all know the likes of cod and palmer are a waste of space, but at what point do you think pearson is responsible for the total lack of motivation in our displays? If he takes us down is he not responsible in any way?

There’s no lack of motivation that’s a cop out excuse. There’s a lack of quality. The older players were brought in to try & stabilise that shit show of last season. Wiemann & baker are good enough & the other two are youngsters. It’s a lack of quality not motivation. Vyner tonight ?? embarrassing 

1 minute ago, SedRA said:

It’s because they overate his ability as a manager. He’s been a busted flush for a good number of years…

Was totally behind NPs appt but really doubting him now, we are back to playing as poorly as we did under Holden near the end of his reign. I get that we have an unbalanced squad, but I expect to see some semblance of organisation and shape. Also why not use the subs and try and inject some fresh enthusiasm from the likes of Benarous, Bell & Scott.  

• Like 3