IGNORED

Warnock

Super

Middlesbrough manager Neil Warnock is set to break the record for the most games managed in English professional football on Tuesday night, when Boro take on Kenilworth Road; the 73-year-old has taken charge of 1,601 matches during spells with 14 clubs

Love him or hate him that's an amazing achievement.

• Like 19

8 minutes ago, Calculus said:

Win % over 40, multiple promotions. No arguing with his record. Always quite liked the pantomime villain act. I know of a couple that live near him - very good guy by all accounts.

He is supposed to be a great guy.

He just had a persona in his job.

My uncle is the reason I’m a city fan and is like a second father to me, a wonderful human.

In his career he was a director at a well know national building company. Whilst at city once, he met me for a chat. When I went back to my mates, one recognised him from went he was a contracts manager somewhere, his response was “is your uncle ***** ******? What a ball breaking bastard he is. He was a complete ******* to deal with” 

I felt such pride ??

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I wonder if he was offered a 1 year deal to manage us what he would say...

He's always stated his desire to manage Bristol City, so my guess his answer would be yes. 

Equally he still has a home close to Callington in Cornwall and is known to "rock up" and coach school children at the local school and every year takes his club side down to play friendlies in the local area.  I know Tavistock have benefited from these pre season games.

Not many characters left in the game and will be sad once he hangs up the tracksuit.

• Like 5

Boro fans wanted him out a few weeks ago.

Be interesting to see if their tune has changed after some better results, though he had another poor one on Saturday.

I hate the bloke, the football is total shit & his treatment of match day officials & constant moaning about them post match is appalling

Glad I have never had to watch him manage us.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Boro fans wanted him out a few weeks ago.

Be interesting to see if their tune has changed after some better results, though he had another poor one on Saturday.

I hate the bloke, the football is total shit & his treatment of match day officials & constant moaning about them post match is appalling

Glad I have never had to watch him manage us.

Where as the football we've played over the last four years has been fabulous. 

If he was here and given the support Johnson was, he'd of had us in the play offs at least.

• Like 7

37 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Where as the football we've played over the last four years has been fabulous. 

If he was here and given the support Johnson was, he'd of had us in the play offs at least.

I get people rate him, I just think he’s unpleasant & his style of football is shit.

• Like 2

Fair play to the fella, amazing record and as someone said, you have to be good to stay in the game that long.

I am one of those that would have loved him to manage us, his record proves he could have got us up and it would have been entertaining along the way (even if the footy on the pitch was not so pleasing on the eye)

i also have heard that he is a lovely bloke outside of footy, no airs and graces a proper blokes bloke....

• Admin
2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

I get people rate him, I just think he’s unpleasant & his style of football is shit.

I’ve never heard anyone who knows him think he is anything else than a nice bloke, a good guy to have a pint with.

Great career, longevity, win record and promotions, if the Warnock pitch side is a persona to achieve that, he hasn’t got much wrong, maybe others could learn from it.

• Like 1