IGNORED

Let’s blame Johnson

Herbsley

That’ll be the funds he had from the sales he had to make.

So bored with all the ‘it’s all LJ’s fault’. Since the messiah took over we have been absolutely dire. The last two games have said it all. Even with the 3 points on Saturday there is no avoiding that we were fortunate to come away with a win and notwithstanding, the recent games have been totally turgid to watch!!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Bring back the funds he had too

To be fair he had funds because we had consistantly raised money by selling players... Kodjia, Magnússon, Kelly etc.

The FFP debate annoys the hell out out of me but at least LJ gave players a chance who went on to make us decent profits.

If Nige has to cash in on Massengo or Bentley to bring in a couple of forward options then so be it

38 minutes ago, Herbsley said:

This has been like watching the days of O Driscoll. Makes me laugh when I read on here people blaming LJ for all our current travails. Bring me back his style of football any day. 

Who blames Johnson?

I have an opinion on his tenure but I don’t blame him for where the club is now. Far more culpable candidates ?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

To be fair he had funds because we had consistantly raised money by selling players... Kodjia, Magnússon, Kelly etc.

The FFP debate annoys the hell out out of me but at least LJ gave players a chance who went on to make us decent profits.

If Nige has to cash in on Massengo or Bentley to bring in a couple of forward options then so be it

This ignores the tens of signings made under LJ and MA's purview that didn't make it with us. Engvall, Szmodics, Eisa, plus a multitude of others.

Edited by Fuber
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Back of the net said:

We're 18th and you don't think Wells, Martin, James, King and Simpon aren't picking up a fair whack? Our wage bill is no better. 

I'd bet Tanner and Atkinson are on a hell of a lot less then the likes of Adelakun,Walsh and Watkins. 

And they've probably played more games already. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

This ignores the tens of signings made under LJ and MA's purview that didn't make it with us. Engvall, Szmodics, Eisa, plus a multitude of others.

But again to be fair we got our money back on players like Eisa and Szmodics. 

Of course there were mistakes and i'm not denying that Johnson was backed financially but i just don't see where Nige is taking us (other than Lg1)

It was clear to every single City fan that we needed offensive reinforcements in the summer and if that meant that we didn't spend nearly 2million on Atkinson then so be it

4 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

But again to be fair we got our money back on players like Eisa and Szmodics. 

Of course there were mistakes and i'm not denying that Johnson was backed financially but i just don't see where Nige is taking us (other than Lg1)

It was clear to every single City fan that we needed offensive reinforcements in the summer and if that meant that we didn't spend nearly 2million on Atkinson then so be it

We may have broke even on the initial fee, but we still blew wages on them for a year apiece in Sammie and Eisa's cases.

They're a small portion of the profits blown that I could name, I could go on to list Magnússon, Djuric, Taylor Moore, Hegeler, Gary O'Neil, Joel Ekstrand, Giefer, Marinovic, Adelakun, among many others.

The list goes on and on with regards to Money wasted on the wage bill.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

We may have broke even on the initial fee, but we still blew wages on them for a year apiece in Sammie and Eisa's cases.

They're a small portion of the profits blown that I could name, I could go on to list Magnússon, Djuric, Taylor Moore, Hegeler, Gary O'Neil, Joel Ekstrand, Giefer, Marinovic, Adelakun, among many others.

The list goes on and on with regards to Money wasted on the wage bill.

I completely agree Fuber and i'm certainly not denying that Johnson brought alot of players in, many of which didn't work out.

I think what is frustrating me most is that we are no further forward than we were 2 or 3 years ago.

Pearson was appointed as someone who would shake things up and sort us out, but if anything, we are going backwards.

We are in a relegation battle and the January window will be pivotal as to whether we survive in The Champ.

i never liked lj but there is no way im blaming him and letting np of the hook, nige has been here long enough to sort this shit out. There is many teams in this league that have a small budget and play alot better football than us and know how to shoot and where the bloody net is.we have players that don't look committed no shape no fresh idea's and no pattern to are play.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

I completely agree Fuber and i'm certainly not denying that Johnson brought alot of players in, many of which didn't work out.

I think what is frustrating me most is that we are no further forward than we were 2 or 3 years ago.

Pearson was appointed as someone who would shake things up and sort us out, but if anything, we are going backwards.

We are in a relegation battle and the January window will be pivotal as to whether we survive in The Champ.

Not sure I agree 100% with this.

I can't compare to the second half of last season, as players simply downed tools altogether. It wouldn't be fair. No manager is getting anything from that squad, ie. the previous fitness disaster earlier last season, let alone the morale impact of the contractual situations being what they were i.e. Pato, Hunt, Diedhiou, Watkins, Walsh, etc.

I agree to us having gone backwards, but that's as has been highlighted is something with regards to the coaching.

Of whom we have sacked our two most senior in the last 10 days aside from Fleming. Likely no coincidence.

My suspicion is that part of the reasoning for NP's watching from the stands is to see how well organised and communicative we are with regards to movement between phases - basic coaching for a match day, I.e. pressing. I assume he hasn't been pleased with his findings, hence Downing and Simpson being shown the door. Will be interesting how soon any appointment to the staff will come.

Add in Benarous coming on against Barnsley and Pearson's ethos on training and match day performance deciding his squad for him, it makes you question the dedication behind the scenes when Ayman is beating Palmer and O'Dowda to the first 11, among others.

Ive said it before, but if we avoid relegation this season, can only be a positive in my book.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herbsley said:

This has been like watching the days of O Driscoll. Makes me laugh when I read on here people blaming LJ for all our current travails. Bring me back his style of football any day. 

Nobody is blaming Johnson you absolute belter, plenty blaming Ashton and Lansdown but you have clearly fabricated the Johnson thing in your own head.

4 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Not sure I agree 100% with this.

I can't compare to the second half of last season, as players simply downed tools altogether. It wouldn't be fair. No manager is getting anything from that squad, ie. the previous fitness disaster earlier last season, let alone the morale impact of the contractual situations being what they were i.e. Pato, Hunt, Diedhiou, Watkins, Walsh, etc.

I agree to us having gone backwards, but that's as has been highlighted is something with regards to the coaching.

Of whom we have sacked our two most senior in the last 10 days aside from Fleming. Likely no coincidence.

My suspicion is that part of the reasoning for NP's watching from the stands is to see how well organised and communicative we are with regards to movement between phases - basic coaching for a match day, I.e. pressing. I assume he hasn't been pleased with his findings, hence Downing and Simpson being shown the door. Will be interesting how soon any appointment to the staff will come.

Add in Benarous coming on against Barnsley and Pearson's ethos on training and match day performance deciding his squad for him, it makes you question the dedication behind the scenes when Ayman is beating Palmer and O'Dowda to the first 11, among others.

Ive said it before, but if we avoid relegation this season, can only be a positive in my book.

I agree with everything you're saying BUT excuses can only go on for so long.

His record since he took over is poor and more worryingly, performances have been shambolic. The few wins we have gained have been where luck has fallen on our side with Barnsley being a prime example at the weekend.

I am not calling for Nige to be sacked, but as other posters have stated, i expected a bit better and at the very least, a team that was organised and physically competitive.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Back of the net said:

His nett transfer spend was a healthy profit. 

Arrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh, I’m not gonna have to do another effing net spend bollax post am I.  It’s late! ?

My simple response is…..you cannot judge on net spend.  There are too many variables for starters….e.g. who signed them in the first place, what about the values of the players he signed that are still here.  Then for seconds, there are far more things going on than net effing spend!

I will never blame Lee alone, he did some good things.  But together with MA (with SL the biggest culprit) they wasted a tonne of money.  As a collective, they lost £41m in 4 seasons.

So feel free to give Johnson the credit for net spend, but it’s very blinkered way of looking of it.

Sorry to rant….you touched a nerve on the whole financial thing….if you have haven’t seen me rant at @lukebcfc1989on exactly this subject, I apologise.  It’s an area I e spent countless hours looking at.

I just posted a response on another thread where someone wrote.

image.thumb.png.37b285a353a60a672802688064227605.png

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

Not when you look at the mess of a wage bill he and Ashton left. 

Thank you.

• Like 1