IGNORED

Lansdown should be embarrassed and ashamed

dREDful

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

When you look at the stadium, training ground and all the transfers must be close to £100m

1 minute ago, Andrew_V1 said:

And being objective how much of that has been completely wasted due to at best naivety and worst downright incompetence? 

Thanks both , and clubs who’ve spent a lot less  are progressing 

2 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

And being objective how much of that has been completely wasted due to at best naivety and worst downright incompetence? 

Not much, most of it went on the stadium and I don't hear anyone complaining about that. The trouble is we don't get enough income to pay Championship wages, that's why SL has to subsidise the club every season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ashton_fan said:

Not much, most of it went on the stadium and I don't hear anyone complaining about that. The trouble is we don't get enough income to pay Championship wages, that's why SL has to subsidise the club every season.

I don’t buy that look at the squad wilder assembled to take Sheffield Utd up?

Also look at Coventry and Blackpool this year there’s no way their wages and fees come anywhere near ours.

we have overspent like kids in a sweet shop on absolute litter we fans are suffering but the club are frankly getting what it deserves 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Be very careful what you wish for regarding club ownership. Ask any Bury fans you know.

No football at all would be better than watching this !

I know Steve spends much of his time in Guernsey but have the Lansdowns not been watching the last 4 years on Robins TV? I'd have to conclude that they haven't even been doing that to allow the quality of the football and the squad to deteriorate so much, for so long.

1 minute ago, Fuber said:

Unfortunately gets it wrong when it counts. MA, LJ, etc.

Cotts was a Dawe appointment iirc.

SL was in charge when Cotts became manager so must have appointed him. It wasn't all bad under LJ, he actually did as well as anyone at this club in the 2nd tier if you think about it, at least we were never in danger of relegation which hasn't been the case with virtually every other manager we've had (apart from his dad).

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

SL was in charge when Cotts became manager so must have appointed him. It wasn't all bad under LJ, he actually did as well as anyone at this club in the 2nd tier if you think about it, at least we were never in danger of relegation which hasn't been the case with virtually every other manager we've had (apart from his dad).

Don't think it was his choice. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Be very careful what you wish for regarding club ownership. Ask any Bury fans you know.

Or you can ask Brighton, Stoke,Bradford ,hull,Oldham, Barnsley,Swansea ,Swindon ,Ipswich,charlton,Wigan ,Blackburn and reading .

whilst some of them are in a lower league than us atm they have all had more success than us and will probably be at the same level as us before we ever do anything worthy of talking about .

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Was Dawe not Chairman until 2016?

6 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Miss his first full season? Lucky you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

Kieth dawe 

29 minutes ago, ashton_fan said:

When you look at the stadium, training ground and all the transfers must be close to £100m

But to pretty well nil effect

With no Board worth the name

With Bristol Sport

and with snide comments about fans

I for one have absolutely no patience left.  He simply isn’t good enough for The City

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Sick of hearing this bollocks. Because he’s spent money on the ground & HPC. He’s treated like a messiah. 
There’s no doubt this mess is 100% his fault. He appointed mark ashhton in 2012 to recruit the worse squad I’ve seen in decades. Then reappoints him to rip the heart out of the title winning squad & replace them with overpaid shit we got now. In over twenty years he got one manager appointment right GJ . That’s it . He’s made poor decision after poor decision & personally I’d be happy if he sold up. Apart from bricks & mortar , we’ve not really progressed , certainly on the pitch. 

????

SL can’t do any wrong in a lot of peoples eyes .

He’s oblivious to football matters and whilst us as fans can appreciate the ground re build and the training ground on the pitch I can’t see us progressing past a mid table side under his watch.