IGNORED

Nigel Pearson

Alan Dicks

2 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Course NP may walk.

Cannot imagine even he imagined or realised the culture of absolute mediocrity and comfort that has soaked through this club since about 1998.

Must be exhaustingt.

Think nige has got new way to do his thing from the stands.  not on this only plays into players mental state. No managern on the side line  chipping at his players is no good at all. Not happy with my  main choice but is clearly not being organised from several trained coaches. No excuses any more.

13 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Until about six matches from the end of Holden’s tenure we were in contention and playing decent football.  A shocking run of defeats hugely affected by the worst injury crisis we’ve ever had (and in empty stadiums) did for him, but I don’t recall us ever playing as badly as we did tonight.

To be fair, we didn’t exactly trip the light fantastic at Watford last season. 

1 minute ago, woodsyred said:

Didn't think he deserved the job after last season's efforts and on this season's performances he certainly doesn't seem to be the man to take this club forward shame really as people really wanted him to succeed but just don't think it's working and I really wonder if the players believe in him

Brave early post but do you know what I think you might just be right.

39 minutes ago, Negan said:

I’m just living in hope that it gets better when it’s 11 of his players on the pitch…. The manager of course takes blame but these useless bastards have seen off 3 managers in 18 months and the footballs not got any better. It WILL not change with ANOTHER manager. Players are more to blame. 

That’s not true - 2 managers in 7 months were “seen off” - LJ in July 2020 and DH in February 2021 - where did you get “3 managers in 18 months” from?!

4 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

COD and Palmer aren’t playing though. And if I add some OTIB scapegoats like Vyner and Bakinson, they aren’t really holding us back financially. 

It is nice that some care but wouldn’t it be nice if they could play at a decent level? 

Did you just take world class managers and compare them to Pearson, Warnock, Houghton and McCarthy? ?

Go look at the top 10 teams in this league and their managers. Not much experience in the championship but all doing better than the dinosaurs. 

Worth noting that all said teams are able to write off the majority of their COVID losses with regards to FFP where their wages were moderately more sustainable than the likes of us, Derby, Reading, Cardiff, and 'Boro.

We blew all our profit, on wages I.e. up the wall for mediocre options. Blame is square on LJ for that, and MA for allowing/encouraging it.

3 minutes ago, TomThumb84 said:

Course NP may walk.

Cannot imagine even he imagined or realised the culture of absolute mediocrity and comfort that has soaked through this club since about 1998.

Must be exhausting.

Yep- he probably felt the same way at his last three clubs:

Sacked by :

Derby 8/10/16

OH Leven 52/19

Watford 19/7/20

and it's now all everyone's fault except one of the worst performing managers in recent history.

Good luck everyone if you think the problem is BCFC alone. 

• Like 1

Just now, Fuber said:

On what evidence?

Bentley, Kalas, DaSilva, Atkinson, James, Baker - arguably would agree, Championship Quality.

Massengo - likely too good for us.

Pring, Tanner  - Solid squad options, but only young and lacking experience at this level.

Note the common theme, no forward players anywhere have I listed. And barring Massengo and James, no midfielders.

The rest? - wouldn't touch any of them with a barge pole for the first eleven given a choice. Especially on their supposed wages.

The evidence is our own ******* eyes.

These players HAVE played better. They HAVE been more organised. They HAVE been able to close down attackers better. They HAVE been less wayward in passing. They HAVE made better runs off the ball.  They HAVE linked up better.

But - with what I consider only a temporary and very marginal improvement in their ability at the start of this season - it has been a slow decline in their ability to do the basics. Until you get a game like tonight, where we end up looking like pub players. 

So, given that they weren't always this shit, what can you blame the decline in their footballing ability on?

Yes morale can come into it, but ultimately we don't seem to be coached to do basic things.  Bloody Yeovil standard players would've been embarrassed by that third goal.  Stuff like that quite simply should never be happening. 

• Like 11

Time to go.

If our tactic is to lump long diags for 90 minutes anyone could manage this side.

its actually embarrassing and our fans are to tolerant. They should have been booed off by everyone tonight. 

Spending our hard earnt money travelling the country to watch that absolute garbage. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Negan said:

I’m just living in hope that it gets better when it’s 11 of his players on the pitch…. The manager of course takes blame but these useless bastards have seen off 3 managers in 18 months and the footballs not got any better. It WILL not change with ANOTHER manager. Players are more to blame. 

I 100% agree - we have average to lower end championship players, and some bang average league one players, making up our squad. The playing staff desperately needs investment but we are seemingly hamstrung by FFP ???

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

Goodness, how MANY times, SL cannot put money into the club, it is something that you may  have heard of - FFP - Steve is obviously a hugely wealthy man , BUT he is not allowed to invest......tiresome having to mention this yet again.

Not sure the attitude was needed.

Besides, FFP is a bit more complex than that and SL could absolutely have reinvested some of the cash that we made from sold players. When we pay a transfer fee, that amount is amortized, so the impact on the financial statements is actually pretty limited. The far bigger issue, is wages, as that is treated as an expense. The players that require big wages are the likes of players falling down the pyramid (typically, I have no specific insight into the wages of City players, so could be wrong). 

This all boils down to bad management from the top and my comment is suggesting that the manager is not the main problem, it's the squad. The squad, until this past transfer window, has been assembled by Mark Ashton and SL.

Until we get better players, changing manager isn't going to do diddly squat.

• Like 2

We release something circa to a dozen players bring in a couple of free transfers and two players from the lower leagues for £1.5m, pretty easy to understand why we're struggling.

Sooner the rest of the crap can be cleared out and any manager gets some funds we will struggle to stay in this league. What a mess. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

These players HAVE played better. They HAVE been more organised. They HAVE been able to close down attackers better. They HAVE been less wayward in passing. They HAVE made better runs off the ball.  They HAVE linked up better.

But - with what I consider only a temporary and very marginal improvement in their ability at the start of this season - it has been a slow decline in their ability to do the basics. Until you get a game like tonight, where we end up looking like pub players. 

So, given that they weren't always this shit, what can you blame the decline in their footballing ability on?

Yes morale can come into it, but ultimately we don't seem to be coached to do basic things.  Bloody Yeovil standard players would've been embarrassed by that third goal.  Stuff like that quite simply should never be happening. 

Post of the day.

Respect Robbo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

You have to wonder where we'd be if NP had managed to buy the striker he was looking for.  I understand the reasons he couldn't, but a half-decent goal poacher up front would have given us momentum and, although there are still lots of weaknesses in the squad, we'd be in a much better place.

You cannot complete a jigsaw with a missing piece - and so we are... incomplete. 

Good point, I can’t believe we couldn’t find an alternative to Martin, who I like but can’t play the game he’s being asked  to especially every match full 90.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Don't be taken in by his previous reputation and hype....he seems to have lost the management skill he had back then.

Am now starting to realise nige unless massive improvement imminent. Has lots his mojo and peasron can't pick up players like he used too it's gone. I feel he has been now left behind in managing. 

4 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

I actually think that is a real risk  that he may walk away.

God help us if he does.

Be very careful what you wish for Nige will sort us out BUT, as he has said, it will take 3 years.

LJ said it would take 3 windows. It's all just manager talk to buy time. All managers fail, some just sooner than others. I think Nige is struggling to get any confidence into these players but that's part of his job and if he can't do it , well, it's them or him.  SL might have to work out if it's cheaper to change the players or the manager soon.

4 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Been trying to say this all you have put it in a much better and clearer way.  The amount of excuses given for recent displays is incredible. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I keep being sucked into this but then i remember that if we win a couple of games on the bounce everyone will suddenly be talking about play offs and what a decent job he’s doing. Then we lose and the club is rotten to the core. All part of modern football unfortunately.

Have some patience and judge him at the end of the season 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, pigeon said:

Not sure the attitude was needed.

Besides, FFP is a bit more complex than that and SL could absolutely have reinvested some of the cash that we made from sold players. When we pay a transfer fee, that amount is amortized, so the impact on the financial statements is actually pretty limited. The far bigger issue, is wages, as that is treated as an expense. The players that require big wages are the likes of players falling down the pyramid (typically, I have no specific insight into the wages of City players, so could be wrong). 

This all boils down to bad management from the top and my comment is suggesting that the manager is not the main problem, it's the squad. The squad, until this past transfer window, has been assembled by Mark Ashton and SL.

Until we get better players, changing manager isn't going to do diddly squat.

And , I agree.

Some on here fail to comprehend FFP and also the fact that we have made money from transfers out  but, we have spent that money.

Take Kasey as an example, on his day, and they are too few, he is a very good player at this level, but at an alleged £1m per year that does not work.

The club is in an utter mess thanks to Swiss Tony and the owner was asleep at the wheel.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Red Alert said:

Good point, I can’t believe we couldn’t find an alternative to Martin, who I like but can’t play the game he’s being asked  to especially every match full 90.

Unfortunately, Chris Martin's glory days were in the past and he isn't the player he once was.  You don't get many Wilbrahams, able to compensate for his lack of pace in his 30s with a canny positional eye.

We're pretty toothless.  Apart from untried kids, there is only Antoine "5 goals in 70 games" Semenyo waiting in the wings to save us on that front. 

3 minutes ago, red colin said:

Am now starting to realise nige unless massive improvement imminent. Has lots his mojo and peasron can't pick up players like he used too it's gone. I feel he has been now left behind in managing. 

One of my biggest problems with NP at the moment is the sitting in the stands to watch the game, get down pitch side give your players instructions and communicate what you want from them. stop hiding in the stands like its not your fault, get on the touchline and take responsibility...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

3 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

This aligns with much of my thinking.

No one is saying we have a top squad, but it’s not the case we’re fighting bravely with half decent organisation and just coming up short on quality - the players look listless, directionless and disaffected, which they haven’t always.

Our leaders should be galvanising us to get at least some semblance of organisation and fight from this squad; that’s all I’m hoping to see, but it’s increasingly looking to be entirely absent, which is confusing and very worrying.

I’m not saying the problems aren’t deep rooted, but they do need addressing sooner rather than later, as even just a handful of performances more like that out of those players and we’ll have a hard hill to climb.

And unfortunately this isn’t American football; we don’t get to go again in the championship if we just fall apart this year - problem compound, and believe me: if NP and the coaches can’t coax more out of this squad, any problems we think we have now will only be compounded a level below.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fuber said:

Worth noting that all said teams are able to write off the majority of their COVID losses with regards to FFP where their wages were moderately more sustainable than the likes of us, Derby, Reading, Cardiff, and 'Boro.

We blew all our profit, on wages I.e. up the wall for mediocre options. Blame is square on LJ for that, and MA for allowing/encouraging it.

I think MA more to blame than LJ the more time goes by. LJ should have had say on who to bring in but seems LJ had say but also had to take on Ashton signings on tol of that. 

I won’t ever argue the job isn’t a tough one. My argument is we aren’t a bottom 3 squad. Think I said 14-15th at start of season and like to think that is realistic. At the minute, I haven’t seen a worse side than us. Even Barnsley should have probably come away with a point on the weekend. 

I like some of the players NP has brought in. I trust that he is assembling a decent back room staff. I just think the game on a matchday has passed him by. We can go round and round saying because we don’t have enough good players and that is why. At the end of it, in my opinion, is even with a below average squad we are not getting enough from it. 

9 minutes ago, RedNachos said:

But isn't you saying that partly down to Nige, an amazing manager makes players asumed useless into golddust, Conte with Moses

No, not really.

I think we just need to start fresh in terms of the playing squad. Too many players hat have lost their way and don't add something to the team. Our first team is made up of players who would be good squad players for every other team if that makes sense.

Sacking Pearson and then brining some other poor sod into the role. Whats going to change? Are we going to be able to get the ball down on the floor? Be able to put more than 3 passes together? I don't think so. I can only think of Bentley, Kalas, Atkinson, Tanner, Massengo, Semenyo and Palmer to keep. Sell everyone else and get Pearson to bring in players to replace them that will get us playing decent football.

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yep- he probably felt the same way at his last three clubs:

Sacked by :

Derby 8/10/16

OH Leven 52/19

Watford 19/7/20

and it's now all everyone's fault except one of the worst performing managers in recent history.

Good luck everyone if you think the problem is BCFC alone. 

It is though. The problem is not Pearson, who is clearly currently underperforming. It is a series of decisions from the top leading to this, including personnel appointments, transfer madness and general mis-management.

• Like 1