IGNORED

Pearson post match comments

And Its Smith

5 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Injuries don't count O.K. ?

I reckon Baker for Vyner and Massengo for the injured James

and a 0-4 drubbing that will be LJs fault

The Johnson blame is starting to remind me of that scene from Fawlty Towers where Basil wakes up in hospital after knocking himself out by firing a fire extinguisher into his face and hitting his head on Manuel's frying pan and he goes on a big rant culminating in blaming everything on "Bloody [Harold] Wilson!"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Well if Nige knows he has lost James he knows we are in trouble . No king either . Just look at our squad . Our midfield choices are weak. Our squad is poor .This is why we have to give Nige time . Next summer we will see another 7/8 leave . 

this season could have been better with our few quality players fit at the same time . 

January we will have to add to the squad even if a loan to buy . 

we should not talk ourselves into a relegation battle either . Our team needs full support right now . 

Hope Holden doesn't read this.

2 hours ago, dREDful said:

Let's hope he's finally seen enough of Vyner. 

Why?

I thought he played ok tonight.  He came in and did a reasonable job in a different position (most, me included thought he’d play RCB3, but he played in the middle).  He got done by Deeney for their second, admittedly.  He tried to pass the ball out at the back, not always successfully, but it was a bit better than we’ve seen of late…for the first hour.

Fine if you have a different view.

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Why?

I thought he played ok tonight.  He came in and did a reasonable job in a different position (most, me included thought he’d play RCB3, but he played in the middle).  He got done by Deeney for their second, admittedly.  He tried to pass the ball out at the back, not always successfully, but it was a bit better than we’ve seen of late…for the first hour.

Not just a criticism I have of him alone but from what I have observed he just doesn't seem up for a battle - I can't remember him ever putting in a memorable tackle, whenever I have seen him on the right he always seem to give way too much space to a crosser and his distribution is only slightly better than rest of our defence which still a long way off the required standard.

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

Not just a criticism I have of him alone but from what I have observed he just doesn't seem up for a battle - I can't remember him ever putting in a memorable tackle, whenever I have seen him on the right he always seem to give way too much space to a crosser and his distribution is only slightly better than rest of our defence which still a long way off the required standard.

I remember one tackle in particular last night where he won the ball in our area and cleared it long.

Once again, many supporters pick on one guy who has just got back into the first team, who is probably too anxious to make a good impression and slot into the side.

I despair at times. 
The SUPPORTERS were great on Saturday and sang their hearts out last night. They deserve better results and will get them , eventually if everyone sticks together.

• Like 3

Until he is allowed to bring in his own players we will struggle. Half of our first team squad are not good enough for championship football and we cannot expect to compete using players from our academy all the time, perhaps we need to bring in a quality head of recruitment who can beg borrow and steal players to join us.  

I thought NP was going to make a difference to this poorly performing team and he certainly has. No tactics, no motivation or commitment, no fight, no spirit and no clue as to what to do next.  His substitutions have been leaving me scratching my head too.

Not sure that a lot of the players want to play for him or are fully behind his tactics TBH.

What is going on in training, because I can't see any sign that there has been any for the last 8 months.

Looks like a man happy to have nabbed himself a 3 year contract and either trying to get himself sacked without committing gross misconduct or looking to rebuild from League One.

I hate to imagine how much we are paying him to produce this dog shite week after week.  I was happy to give him some time, but it looks like  8.5 months into the job he just hasn't got a clue.

Edited by wendyredredrobin
  • Like 4
  • Hmmm 1

10 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

I thought NP was going to make a difference to this poorly performing team and he certainly has. No tactics, no motivation or commitment, no fight, no spirit and no clue as to what to do next.  His substitutions have been leaving me scratching my head too.

Not sure that a lot of the players want to play for him or are fully behind his tactics TBH.

What is going on in training, because I can't see any sign that there has been any for the last 8 months.

Looks like a man happy to have nabbed himself a 3 year contract and either trying to get himself sacked without committing gross misconduct or looking to rebuild from League One.

I hate to imagine how much we are paying him to produce this dog shite week after week.  I was happy to give him some time, but it looks like  8.5 months into the job he just hasn't got a clue.

This.

1 hour ago, westonred said:

Until he is allowed to bring in his own players we will struggle. Half of our first team squad are not good enough for championship football and we cannot expect to compete using players from our academy all the time, perhaps we need to bring in a quality head of recruitment who can beg borrow and steal players to join us.  

We are limited based on time and money. But also does he deserve it? 

We actually played some good football the start of this season, prime example was Swansea at home. I left the Gate seeing clear improvements on last season, I don’t mind losing those games knowing other times we’d win them. 

I feel we’ve gone backwards since, performances are getting worse and I can’t personally see what NP is doing now. Basics like solidifying, making us hard to beat, building from defence out. Why are we not doing this? It feels more like panic tactics with 3 strikers on the pitch. Especially as we lack creative players.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

Who are these “senior” players then? I can’t see anyone senior showing much in the way of leadership. If one does take Nige aside I hope he sparks the *** clean out.

Who are they anyway?

Martin and Wells who are starting every game? Weimann who he resigned over the summer? King, James, or Simpson? Hah.

It's just a meaningless phrase people like to say a bit like "he's clearly lost the dressing room" or "X player obviously doesn't want to be here" imo.

Imo the bigger issue is with the "middle" of the squad. 23 - 28 or so... Aka the core players we should have been developing for the last 4 or 5 years.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Who are they anyway?

Martin and Wells who are starting every game? Weimann who he resigned over the summer? King, James, or Simpson? Hah.

It's just a meaningless phrase people like to say a bit like "he's clearly lost the dressing room" or "X player obviously doesn't want to be here" imo.

Imo the bigger issue is with the "middle" of the squad. 23 - 28 or so... Aka the core players we should have been developing for the last 4 or 5 years.

Loosing the trust and respect of the players is not meaningless - IMO

A meaningless phrase might include the words "bus" and "seats" for example.

He could have signed a striker in the summer, but he chose not to.

This is his squad.  He inherited some players, he signed others.  His squad.  I’m so fed up with the ‘emperor’s new clothes’ refusal to acknowledge what is right in front of our noses.  He is not delivering as our manager, and the way we are performing under him is unacceptable.  Nothing to do with Ashton, Johnson, Holden or anyone else.  This is about Pearson.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

This is his squad.  He inherited some players, he signed others.  His squad.  I’m so fed up with the ‘emperor’s new clothes’ refusal to acknowledge what is right in front of our noses.  He is not delivering as our manager, and the way we are performing under him is unacceptable.  Nothing to do with Ashton, Johnson, Holden or anyone else.  This is about Pearson.

Well it isn't his squad is it ! How many players was he responsible for bringing in ? 5 isn't it, so you cannot really blame NP until they are all his players and i would give him at leat another 2 transfer windows to get rid of the players who are letting us down and bring in new blood 

32 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Precisely.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Why?

I thought he put up no fight for the first, allowing Deeney to easily play the ball out to the eventual goalscorer. The third he was nowhere near the goalscorer, he was beaten on a number of crosses, two of which should have been put away. 

If he wasn't an academy player he'd be regarded the same as Taylor Moore. If we continue to play imo at best L1 players we'll find ourselves there. He costs you goals at this level, and it's often in the build up.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, westonred said:

Well it isn't his squad is it ! How many players was he responsible for bringing in ? 5 isn't it, so you cannot really blame NP until they are all his players and i would give him at leat another 2 transfer windows to get rid of the players who are letting us down and bring in new blood 

Sorry mate, but every manager inherits players, no one immediately sacks the entire squad and gets a new one.  He’s had one transfer window and he signed James, King, Simpson, Tanner, Baker and Weimann, and at the same time he got rid of eleven players.  That’s a fairly significant reshaping, and in any case you can only work with the squad you’ve got.  I was worried by what I saw last season but didn’t blame Pearson because he really was working with a squad that he didn’t choose, but that was then and this season was meant to be all about progress.  Well I’m not seeing anyway.  The point is that he’s not using his squad well; he’s not motivating them; and he’s not getting the best out of them.  His win percentage is less than 25%, lower than O’Driscoll, and similar to Lennartsson, Hodgson and Houghton, all of whom saw us relegated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry mate, but every manager inherits players, no one immediately sacks the entire squad and gets a new one.  He’s had one transfer window and he signed James, King, Simpson, Tanner, Baker and Weimann, and at the same time he got rid of eleven players.  That’s a fairly significant reshaping, and in any case you can only work with the squad you’ve got.  I was worried by what I saw last season but didn’t blame Pearson because he really was working with a squad that he didn’t choose, but that was then and this season was meant to be all about progress.  Well I’m not seeing anyway.  The point is that he’s not using his squad well; he’s not motivating them; and he’s not getting the best out of them.  His win percentage is less than 25%, lower than O’Driscoll, and similar to Lennartsson, Hodgson and Houghton, all of whom saw us relegated.

I think you're mixing two things here.

Is he getting enough from the squad? Currently no, I completely agree. We look rudderless and severely lacking in confidence. While our position in the table is about what I expected our performances and recent trajectory aren't.

It's been very poor lately and I've been disappointed by Pearson.

Is it his squad? Also no for me. I don't think he'd have chosen to ditch those players, he basically had no choice. Half of our regular first team for the last few years left in one window.

The signings were his of course. But it's still two kids who have barely featured above L2 before, and some old heads he knew. I'd be interested how you think we could have got a reasonable striker in?

We need to give him time I think. I said Christmas and I'd judge him when the season started and that's still where I am.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

Remember plenty of similar Nige interviews to begin with second time. I think one of the issues with him is that he doesn’t seem to be very good at getting something out of players that don’t match up closely with his ideals. If he isn’t having you then he isn’t having you and it doesn’t work, whereas some manager can be a bit more pragmatic and still get a tune out of players they want out on their arse in an ideal world. The whole thing relies on culture and if it’s not right it’s a struggle for him.

He was fortunate at Leicester in that first time around relegation gave him chance to create a squad in that image and second time around he had money

Edited by Ostrich
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

First half moved ball well.

Too soft at the back

Responded well to unlucky first goal

Not enough resilience, big frustration. Some players need to man up 

Third goal not easy to watch.

No response from fresh legged players

Concerned at lack of clean sheets and lack of shots 

Won’t comment on individuals when asked about Vyner

On Saturday he will pick players who are fit and up for the game 

Lost control of game when Matty James went off

As much about application as talent. Who is most reliable 

Shame he didn't take a little of the blame for failing to motivate the squad. Feels distinctly like me and them.

Based on what he brought in during the last window, I wouldn't be backing his judgement with £££

1 hour ago, VT05763 said:

Loosing the trust and respect of the players is not meaningless - IMO

A meaningless phrase might include the words "bus" and "seats" for example.

So which of the senior players you mentioned do you think he's lost the trust and respect of? And why?

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 2