Jump to content
IGNORED

Mr Lansdown Just Stick With It!


REDOXO
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I know you and Mrs L do pop in here fairly regularly. I also note another thread that starts in a frustrated manner. 
 

Yes we are a disappointed bunch right now. Things are not going well on the field in several areas, we are a bit/a lot shot shy the midfield can not retain possession and the forwards have nothing to work with and are just hoping for defensive mistakes

Not great.
 

However The manager is doing what he can with what he has been given and I suspect we are not far away from a couple of new faces from the academy starting soon 
 

Just keep with the plan. Pearson is the right bloke for this job at a club where Pep would struggle right now. Its going to be a fight over the next few months and hopefully we can gather a 16 that are up for it from within and perhaps spend a little cash when allowed. 

We have no idea if Pearson is the right person for the job. So far his team are getting worse the longer he works with them. 

  • Like 13
  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I know you and Mrs L do pop in here fairly regularly. I also note another thread that starts in a frustrated manner. 
 

Yes we are a disappointed bunch right now. Things are not going well on the field in several areas, we are a bit/a lot shot shy the midfield can not retain possession and the forwards have nothing to work with and are just hoping for defensive mistakes

Not great.
 

However The manager is doing what he can with what he has been given and I suspect we are not far away from a couple of new faces from the academy starting soon 
 

Just keep with the plan. Pearson is the right bloke for this job at a club where Pep would struggle right now. Its going to be a fight over the next few months and hopefully we can gather a 16 that are up for it from within and perhaps spend a little cash when allowed. 

This, all day long...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

We have no idea if Pearson is the right person for the job. So far his team are getting worse the longer he works with them. 

 

2 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Or not. Only 6 points off the play offs!!

All bases covered 😂👍

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Exactly this, Relegation battle looms I fear …:facepalm:

A relegation battle loomed before a ball was even kicked in anger for me, because I’m of the opinion a lot of players weren’t up to it and still aren’t.

It all boils down to individual expectations and this current crop in the current financial climate has done nothing over the last 18 months and more to suggest 2021/22 will be anything else than a bottom-eight struggle. 

  • Like 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I know you and Mrs L do pop in here fairly regularly. I also note another thread that starts in a frustrated manner. 
 

Yes we are a disappointed bunch right now. Things are not going well on the field in several areas, we are a bit/a lot shot shy the midfield can not retain possession and the forwards have nothing to work with and are just hoping for defensive mistakes

Not great.
 

However The manager is doing what he can with what he has been given and I suspect we are not far away from a couple of new faces from the academy starting soon 
 

Just keep with the plan. Pearson is the right bloke for this job at a club where Pep would struggle right now. Its going to be a fight over the next few months and hopefully we can gather a 16 that are up for it from within and perhaps spend a little cash when allowed. 

So , are you making a rallying call to the man , whose ineptitude as a owner has put us in the mess we’re in ? A man who twice employed a bloke who completely ****** up our recruitment. Yes , not once but twice he’s employed him. A man who saw fit to not question some of the terrible illogical signings over the last 4 years . Not questioned any of it . 
Oh , sorry he built a couple of stands it’s all good , silly me. 😡

  • Like 8
  • Haha 2
  • Hmmm 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

So , are you making a rallying call to the man , whose ineptitude as a owner has put us in the mess we’re in ? A man who twice employed a bloke who completely ****** up our recruitment. Yes , not once but twice he’s employed him. A man who saw fit to not question some of the terrible illogical signings over the last 4 years . Not questioned any of it . 
Oh , sorry he built a couple of stands it’s all good , silly me. 😡

Yes he is...

Where would we have been without him?

In my opinion 

League 1 at best.

No championship football.

No real improvements to the Gate, still hoping that when you take a piss at half time in the East end you may be able to stand in the shallow end.

Therefore, no extra revenue coming in.

Worst case we could be another Bury. Going bust now due to covid.

Best case? We would have a local derby and we could watch the players train in the park.

Unless of course, YOU are a billionaire, willing to put your money where your mouth is.

If so, I'm sure Steve would love a call....

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I agree with most of what the OP said, but I'm a bit more than disappointed. We are simply not worth watching and haven't been for 3 / 4 years now. It's a monotonous chore. Drive to match, sit down, watch terrible performance, lose match, drive home thinking what on earth was that/why did I bother. Week in week out the same. If you haven't been watching afar, it really is that bad Steve.

  • Like 5
  • Flames 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes he is...

Where would we have been without him?

In my opinion 

League 1 at best.

No championship football.

No real improvements to the Gate, still hoping that when you take a piss at half time in the East end you may be able to stand in the shallow end.

Therefore, no extra revenue coming in.

Worst case we could be another Bury. Going bust now due to covid.

Best case? We would have a local derby and we could watch the players train in the park.

Unless of course, YOU are a billionaire, willing to put your money where your mouth is.

If so, I'm sure Steve would love a call....

This is another argument that makes me laugh. I’d love to tell SL what I think. Why are you scared to call him out or question him. Why do people always say “oh it could be worse “ 

How about this . How about if we’d have investors / owners like Leicester city. Maybe owners with a bit less money than Lansdown but with a actual clue about the game . Stop hiding behind the shiny new stand argument. Don’t you think that we should be doing much better considering he’s spent in the region of £150m-£200m

On the pitch , where it actually matters we haven’t progressed at all in his twenty years 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes he is...

Where would we have been without him?

In my opinion 

League 1 at best.

No championship football.

No real improvements to the Gate, still hoping that when you take a piss at half time in the East end you may be able to stand in the shallow end.

Therefore, no extra revenue coming in.

Worst case we could be another Bury. Going bust now due to covid.

Best case? We would have a local derby and we could watch the players train in the park.

Unless of course, YOU are a billionaire, willing to put your money where your mouth is.

If so, I'm sure Steve would love a call....

******* hell..Dramatic much...!!

No championship football?? We acheived that under Joe Jordan long before SL came along. Had the board at the time held onto him, we might well be playing top flight football in a brand new stadium....

Who knows...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I agree with most of what the OP said, but I'm a bit more than disappointed. We are simply not worth watching and haven't been for 3 / 4 years now. It's a monotonous chore. Drive to match, sit down, watch terrible performance, lose match, drive home thinking what on earth was that/why did I bother. Week in week out the same. If you haven't been watching afar, it really is that bad Steve.

Yeah. I’m a bit more than disappointed too. But i was trying to take the right tone. The lunatics can shout into their keyboards the rest of us like yourself need to keep our heads.
 

But to be clear we are awful. :laugh:! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

This is another argument that makes me laugh. I’d love to tell SL what I think. Why are you scared to call him out or question him. Why do people always say “oh it could be worse “ 

How about this . How about if we’d have investors / owners like Leicester city. Maybe owners with a bit less money than Lansdown but with a actual clue about the game . Stop hiding behind the shiny new stand argument. Don’t you think that we should be doing much better considering he’s spent in the region of £150m-£200m

On the pitch , where it actually matters we haven’t progressed at all in his twenty years 

Sorry, my memory must be playing me up. I  could have sworn we were in league 1 when he took over.

So winning league 1, retaining championship football, being close to the playoffs twice, good cup runs shows no progression?

During this time he has completely rebuilt Ashton Gate, which has vastly increased revenue and built a new training complex.

Rubbish owner? I don't think so!

  • Like 4
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As said before, we need a squad transplant not new blood in the Manager's office. 

Please stick with NP and back him as fully as you can in the transfer windows to come.

The recent past needs to be taken as a harsh lesson in the retention and recruitment of players, and the club moves forward into another era. 

We all want success for Bristol City Football Club, whatever our own opinions on how we might achieve it.

COYR!!!

OTIB

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BCFC1959 said:

It seems to me that SL is content with Championship level which is a very dangerous game to play given the fact we do not have a Championship squad. Bigger clubs than us struggling in the lower leagues

I think a lot of supporters are also. Don't want to see the team dicked every game ala Norwich.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well said. Since Feb 2020, so coming on for two years, we have been going on a steep downward trajectory. You can't arrest a slide like that quickly. 

Pearson's two only "proper" signings (players actually in contract) were Tanner who was playing League 2 football at the end of August and Atkinson who was playing in the National League the season before last. 

If that doesn't show you where we are as a club at the moment, I don't know what will. 

Nail on head kid. This squad is terrible and for me comfortably worse than the last champ squad we had that went down.

NP needs to get more from what he has but I think a lot of people are over looking just how bad this squad is. 14 players moved on yet this squad is still mainly LJ’s which tells you a lot. Amazing how some of the NP out brigade are trying to claim Baker & Weimann were his signings too.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Kingswood Robin said:

I agree with most of what the OP said, but I'm a bit more than disappointed. We are simply not worth watching and haven't been for 3 / 4 years now. It's a monotonous chore. Drive to match, sit down, watch terrible performance, lose match, drive home thinking what on earth was that/why did I bother. Week in week out the same. If you haven't been watching afar, it really is that bad Steve.

Pretty much accurate on how I feel towards the club. It's like Mr Lansdown has fallen asleep at the wheel since the League Cup run

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

I know you and Mrs L do pop in here fairly regularly. I also note another thread that starts in a frustrated manner. 
 

Yes we are a disappointed bunch right now. Things are not going well on the field in several areas, we are a bit/a lot shot shy the midfield can not retain possession and the forwards have nothing to work with and are just hoping for defensive mistakes

Not great.
 

However The manager is doing what he can with what he has been given and I suspect we are not far away from a couple of new faces from the academy starting soon 
 

Just keep with the plan. Pearson is the right bloke for this job at a club where Pep would struggle right now. Its going to be a fight over the next few months and hopefully we can gather a 16 that are up for it from within and perhaps spend a little cash when allowed. 

I don't necessarily disagree with any of the points you've made, but I do find threads like this speaking on everyone's behalf a bit jarring..

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Well said. Since Feb 2020, so coming on for two years, we have been going on a steep downward trajectory. You can't arrest a slide like that quickly. 

Pearson's two only "proper" signings (players actually in contract) were Tanner who was playing League 2 football at the end of August and Atkinson who was playing in the National League the season before last. 

If that doesn't show you where we are as a club at the moment, I don't know what will. 

so were, james, king and simpson not his signings? there blind faith and support then there’s delusion!

thats before his decision to keep baker and the runner!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't necessarily disagree with any of the points you've made, but I do find threads like this speaking on everyone's behalf a bit jarring..

Not sure that’s fair. I referred to the aggressive thread that already exists which in of itself shows I’m not speaking on behalf of everyone. I guess you (plural) read into things what you will and judging by the likes etc I am obviously expressing thoughts agreed by some/ many!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Sorry, my memory must be playing me up. I  could have sworn we were in league 1 when he took over.

So winning league 1, retaining championship football, being close to the playoffs twice, good cup runs shows no progression?

During this time he has completely rebuilt Ashton Gate, which has vastly increased revenue and built a new training complex.

Rubbish owner? I don't think so!

As of now though, the direction of travel is back towards League One.

And if you are impressed with a couple of promotions from League One and getting in the Championship play-offs 13 years ago, then wait until you find out what a couple of clubs over the river have achieved in the past 20 years, both on similar budgets to ours...I would list Swansea and Cardiff's multiple promotions to the Premier League, major cup final appearances and European football but it would make me too ******* angry. 

  • Like 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

Yes he is...

Where would we have been without him?

In my opinion 

League 1 at best.

No championship football.

No real improvements to the Gate, still hoping that when you take a piss at half time in the East end you may be able to stand in the shallow end.

Therefore, no extra revenue coming in.

Worst case we could be another Bury. Going bust now due to covid.

Best case? We would have a local derby and we could watch the players train in the park.

Unless of course, YOU are a billionaire, willing to put your money where your mouth is.

If so, I'm sure Steve would love a call....

SL has undoubtedly had the best interests of the club at heart during his time here (IMO). He's done some great work off the pitch with the stadium and training ground. On the pitch....not so much success.

I think some fans are overly negative about the possible alternatives to Lansdown though. Perhaps we would be stuck in League 1 - or perhaps we'd have spent over half a decade in the Premier League and won a domestic cup (as other clubs our size and smaller have done).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tin said:

A relegation battle loomed before a ball was even kicked in anger for me, because I’m of the opinion a lot of players weren’t up to it and still aren’t.

It all boils down to individual expectations and this current crop in the current financial climate has done nothing over the last 18 months and more to suggest 2021/22 will be anything else than a bottom-eight struggle. 

Agreed, I stated this right at the start of the season, and was lambasted for it. Chickens 🐓 are home to roost.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, frenchred said:

so were, james, king and simpson not his signings? there blind faith and support then there’s delusion!

thats before his decision to keep baker and the runner!

I said signings of players "in contract" - sorry you can't read properly.

Since you've mentioned them though. King's last club was Leuven who were probably paying him peanuts as there's no money in Belgian football, and Simpson and King both took substantial paycuts to be here. Baker was a sensible re-signing on a pay-as-you-play deal and Weimann, who also took a paycut, is our top goalscorer with 6 in 16 which is a decent return. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can’t believe that people are having a pop at him, he’s thrown 10’s of millions at this club, maybe people would be happy with a foreign owner or the local guy who owns the local furnishing shop, of course some of his managerial appointments have been poor, (some of the better known posters on here were having a right pop at him when he appointed Cotterell, you know who you are) Holden was a shocker and this guy we have now is a disaster particularly when Cooper and Martin were available, unfortunately he bowed to fan pressure

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...