IGNORED

Bonfire night

Jerseybean

10 minutes ago, nebristolred said:

Very nice thought. I'm not against it completely but it clearly distresses animals all over, pets or not. I'd happily see it restricted to just one night, or one weekend to be honest.

It`s sales that need to be restricted so the little scratters that indiscriminately chuck them around without any concern for anyone can`t get hold of them so easily.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

It`s sales that need to be restricted so the little scratters that indiscriminately chuck them around without any concern for anyone can`t get hold of them so easily.

The law is very strict about the sale of fireworks and how they are stored etc, especially to not sell to underage people. Shops face a huge fine so it won’t be worth risking for them. I guess if adults are stupid enough to buy them for kids to chuck around that’s another thing, but the vast majority of outlets would surely sell responsibly 

9 hours ago, RedM said:

The law is very strict about the sale of fireworks and how they are stored etc, especially to not sell to underage people. Shops face a huge fine so it won’t be worth risking for them. I guess if adults are stupid enough to buy them for kids to chuck around that’s another thing, but the vast majority of outlets would surely sell responsibly 

I know they are (Mrs LR works in the same sort of business as you do) but my point was they should be restricted to organisers of official events and not sold to individuals. There is, as you rightly say, nothing to stop an eighteen year old buying whatever they want on behalf of their u18 chav mates.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedM said:

Last Monday morning, on my day off, I was awakened by 10 mins of fireworks in the distance but loud enough to disturb my sleep...at 5am!

I don't mind a variety with coloured ones, it's just when you get half an hour of battle simulation! God knows what they cost. I have noticed a lot fewer pop up shops selling them this year, also can't recall seeing any in our local supermarket.