IGNORED

Big Nige unwell again

CyderInACan

4 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

I just considered the exact same scenario in my head.

5 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

The cynical side of me sees a resignation due to health problems coming (can’t believe I’m posting this). 

Agree mentioned a couple of weeks ago could see him walking. This is a big job with a complete revamp of squad required, although this illness may not be related to his covid bouts. 

I’m starting to wonder if he’s really cut out for this job right now, it’s obviously having an impact on his health and his wellbeing has to be prioritised before anything. Has to be a blow to the players when their manager has been absent a few times due to illness too. Get well soon Nige

Edited by Hocca
  • Like 5

Is Pearson trying to see from how big a distance he can manage a game? Last week the stands, tomorrow Bristol, then the Isle of Skye, then New York, maybe Timbuktu for Sheff Utd away, a quick trip to Auckland for Derby, then nip up to the International Space Station* in time for Hull.

Jokes aside, I wish him a speedy recovery of course.

*I am aware that in terms of miles distant in a straight line, the ISS is at times much closer to Bristol or Hull than Auckland.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

The cynical side of me sees a resignation due to health problems coming (can’t believe I’m posting this). 

I thought the exact same, would be extremely gutting.

Football aside, my well wishes are with him.

I will take a repeat of the last away game Fleming oversaw us, hope the players rally round for Nige and give a battling performance.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Is Pearson trying to see from how big a distance he can manage a game? Last week the stands, tomorrow Bristol, then the Isle of Skye, then New York, maybe Timbuktu for Sheff Utd away, a quick trip to Auckland for Derby, then nip up to the International Space Station* in time for Hull.

*I am aware that in terms of miles distant in a straight line, the ISS is at times much closer to Bristol or Hull than Auckland.

The ISS is closer than the Isle of Skye, New York and Timbuktu as well!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

To be honest - it can be a bit closer to Bristol than Hull is!

Edited by Pezo

He was very ill with the first bout of COVID and has had it again, couple that with the pressure of football management, let alone the added stress of the struggles we currently have. it is perhaps unsurprising that his health is still being affected. Not sure we have ever had the "real" Pearson sadly.

Get well soon Gaffer.

Edited by VT05763

Just now, BigAl&Toby said:

Maybe, just maybe, he’s starting to feel as though he was told a pack of lies when interviewed.

Wouldn’t be the first time would it…….

I don't see that. He's been clear himself  from the start about our limited transfer budget and we've just made staffing changes that he presumably wanted. If the "pack of lies" isn't around the transfer budget or the staff he could have, I can't see what it would be...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

I'm another who's wondering if Covid hasn't meant Nige is struggling more that we realise. If a resignation is necessary due to health reasons, so be it.

The most important thing though is Nigel's health, get well soon gaffer!

I think you may well be right here. 

1 minute ago, CyderInACan said:

Surely he’s not going to do a Coppell . . . 

If he was I don’t think he’d be quiet about it. If he’s been sold a turkey I’m sure he’ll go out in a blaze of glory. 

if he’s unhealthy, and he’s had COVID twice now, then step away and get healthy. Despite what Shankly said, it’s not. 

But let’s hope it’s just short term and he needs a bit longer to het right. 

• Like 2