IGNORED

Big Nige unwell again

CyderInACan

Just now, TonyTonyTony said:

Lots of speculation here. He might just have the shits

Yep, none of us know what’s actually wrong with him.

At a guess it might be related to the covid bouts he’s had - long covid maybe? We all know that it can quite awhile to recover fully.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

My mate had it in his late forties, says he wasn’t ill but his energy levels after are shocking. Has to rest just climbing the stairs 

I’d imagine it’s taken it’s toll with Nige and he actually does need a rest - nothing more 

Maybe Chris Martin's had Covid these last few weeks.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Hmmm 2

A Managers job  is hard enough physically and mentally for a fit healthy person, it will take a toll on anyone less than 100%

If it is Covid, just from my experience it can totally wipe you out . I never felt anything like the sheer fatigue and pain I had, and I’ve given birth twice with very little pain relief! I had Covid just over a year ago and even now if I over do it a bit I feel drained and like I am about to get a bad cold or something. I recognise I need to rest and maybe Nigel does too, not that it’s always possible of course.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Lots of speculation here. He might just have the shits

That's no way to talk about our first team.

My honest opinion is that Nige, for whatever reason, seems very very out of sorts with the job he's taken on.

I wish him well, I hope he recovers very soon. I also hope he takes a permanent leave of absence because every bone in my body is telling me that there's only one destination with Nigel Pearson and it's not purely down to him but he's a very big part.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Commented on another thread that he came across as very downbeat on Tues and in his interview with Dave Barton yesterday. 

That said, he didn't appear outwardly unwell yesterday so something has either come on very quickly, or he has been suffering with something physical or mental for a while. 

Either way, get well soon Nige. 

I think you are spot here. 

Thought the same.

27 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

It's November: all sorts of bugs going about.

Anecdotal evidence suggests colds and viruses are more widespread than usual this year due to us being in lockdown last Winter.

Tell me about it….that was me last weekend.  Like City I couldn’t hit the target at either end!

All the best Nige, get well soon, just make sure you do get well.

• Like 3

Hopefully he's alright.

It's a worrying situation that we're on a run of poor form and just when we need strong leadership we find ourselves with Fleming and Ball leading us out. That's no disrespect to them because even they would not have even imagined this turn of events back in the summer.

33 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

My mate had it in his late forties, says he wasn’t ill but his energy levels after are shocking. Has to rest just climbing the stairs 

I’d imagine it’s taken it’s toll with Nige and he actually does need a rest - nothing more 

If the after effects are like M.E. as they say then I should imagine that he's having great difficulty in planning anything at the moment. That's me speaking from personal experience,

• Like 1

Just read through a few replies , and **** me there are people doing some serious conclusion jumping .

Fail Long Jump GIF

Seriously, if he's ill it could be anything . We hadn't had a cold for 18 months, after "Freedom day" (FFS) my Mrs got a stinker and passed it on. It's cold & Flu season and he's not long back from a 2nd bout of COVID. Could be anything, and I wish him well. Hope it's not long COVID, a mate is struggling months after getting. Out of breathless, only working part time and worst of all, can't drink more than a half in one sitting.

No point in speculating, and I do think it's a little early to pick a replacement. Lets get the next loss out of the way and then consider Nige's leaving gift then :thumbsup:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

The cynical side of me sees a resignation due to health problems coming (can’t believe I’m posting this). 

I said that in a previous post, I'm afraid that the two bouts of COVID and the pressure he's under is just having a toll on his general health. I really hope I'm wrong, because knowing SL' decisions re head coach appointments, probably it will be left to Cummings to get the team out of the mess they are in. Let's hope big Nige will get back normal sooner than later.

2 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

Cometh the hour.....cometh the man, perhaps it's time you put yourself forward for the job, Reg

If you got it, I dont mind giving you advice from my new place in the Lansdown, whilst chatting away to Marina.

Tough call but someone has to do it ?

Place in the Lansdown! If @CyderInACanis the new manager then you’ll be lacing up your boots and playing up front sunshine!

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1