IGNORED

Coventry City away match day thread

Robins has done a fantastic job at Coventry. Firstly getting them promoted with all the disruption behind the scenes,then They more than held their own in their first season back in this division with very little resources  and this year are surprising many.

All this is a bit annoying for those of us who have wanted the bloke here on several occasions only to be shot down with the lazy accusations of ‘ lower league manager ‘ or ‘ jobs for the boys ‘ etc. 

As for today , :dunno:

We started the season like we meant business. The City of old looked to have been swept away by the Pearson revolution but , alas, we seem to have reverted to type. It is so damned frustrating.

After last season’s injury debacle ,now  even the Boss, is unavailable ! Get well soon Nige. 

We need to get behind the team , the small margins count in this competitive division and moaning and booing will only help the opposition and accelerate our demise. We are a mix of Dad’s army and junior school first elevens who desperately need our energy and confidence. 3000 is excellent make your voices heard and carry the boys home with the three points.

CTID

• Like 5
4 minutes ago, Redtrojan said:

Crikey we are 5-1 for the win.

You’d think we were playing Chelsea or are we really that bad at the moment.

Got to stick a tenner on,probably won’t see it again though.

It’s like that every week it seems. 4/1-5/1 against any opposition home or away…

I’m feeling very pessimistic about this game. We have been so lightweight and lacking in shape, and with Williams and presumably James out injured we’re looking threadbare. 

I really hope the players prove me wrong show some grit in adversity. And wouldn’t it be good to see some organisation to our play. 

2 hours ago, Redtrojan said:

Crikey we are 5-1 for the win.

You’d think we were playing Chelsea or are we really that bad at the moment.

Got to stick a tenner on,probably won’t see it again though.

Please don't waste your tenner.....give it to a charity or a homeless person......rather than a bookie?  Ha!  ?

Edited by maxjak

Another team playing 3 at the back.

image.thumb.png.662a686366a8bb662fb5d8bcfb0dbab5.png

Maatsen at LWB is very promising, and Gyokeres is having a fine scoring season. Godden has shown you can step up to this level late in your career and I think he’s quite a clever forward (don’t dangle a leg in).  McFadzean continues to prove me wrong at this level, please let today be the day he gets found out. On accumulation he is due a red card today versus us, he’s got away with murder against us over the years. A chance to wind Hamer up too?

They play good football though, O’Hare difficult to pick up, and he may hold the key in terms of stop him and we stop a lot of their creativity.  Perhaps stopping Hamer’s clever balls into him.

I’m not not thinking negatively today, think we can get something.  But let’s let them know we are gonna make it hard for them too.

When a player makes a mistake, remember every player in every team makes a mistake. Indeed do you ever make a mistake? Remember when one of our players misses a tackle or goal, then remember all players from every team does the same. When you played football did you ever miss a tackle or goal?. Lets not make negative comments every time one of our players does something not to your liking. Remember its a TEAM game. Lets all get behind the team. We will not win every match. No team wins every match. I was expecting a up and down season, which should leave us around mid table. Then next season i would hope for an improvement on that. In Nigel i trust, COYRs.

• Like 9
  • Flames 4
11 minutes ago, Roadrunner said:

When a player makes a mistake, remember every player in every team makes a mistake. Indeed do you ever make a mistake? Remember when one of our players misses a tackle or goal, then remember all players from every team does the same. When you played football did you ever miss a tackle or goal?. Lets not make negative comments every time one of our players does something not to your liking. Remember its a TEAM game. Lets all get behind the team. We will not win every match. No team wins every match. I was expecting a up and down season, which should leave us around mid table. Then next season i would hope for an improvement on that. In Nigel i trust, COYRs.

Yep….the MDT is full of posters ready to pounce on their “agenda” players every move, whether that be a bad bit of play or a good bit.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

The May ‘77 game, along with the first game of that season, away at Arsenal are 2 games I wish I’d been at. I was a young teenager that lived on Exmoor with parents who didn’t like football, so I was never going to get there but did listen on the radio.

I have been to Coventry since and we’ve won on both occasions, so definitely one of the better hunting grounds for us.

COYR

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Another team playing 3 at the back.

image.thumb.png.662a686366a8bb662fb5d8bcfb0dbab5.png

Maatsen at LWB is very promising, and Gyokeres is having a fine scoring season. Godden has shown you can step up to this level late in your career and I think he’s quite a clever forward (don’t dangle a leg in).  McFadzean continues to prove me wrong at this level, please let today be the day he gets found out. On accumulation he is due a red card today versus us, he’s got away with murder against us over the years. A chance to wind Hamer up too?

They play good football though, O’Hare difficult to pick up, and he may hold the key in terms of stop him and we stop a lot of their creativity.  Perhaps stopping Hamer’s clever balls into him.

I’m not not thinking negatively today, think we can get something.  But let’s let them know we are gonna make it hard for them too.

i absolutely admire your optimism.......but I would be amazed if we got anything from today's game.....i see a 2-0 defeat.    (Let's hope i'm wrong?)     

34 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

No one has mentioned that match at Coventry in ?2012 when we came back from 3-0 down to 3-3, then 4-4, only to lose 5-4!  Baldock and Marvin Elliott scored I think…

That was at Northampton. I was there. Couldn't believe it. Both teams were very good going forward (I think they had a very useful Callum Wilson - whatever happened to him! And we had Sam Baldock) but both not as good at defending that day. Remember seeing all the Cov fans demonstrating against the owners on the road overlooking the ground. 

• Like 1