IGNORED

Coventry City away match day thread

Just now, deadredfred said:

O’Dowda eh? The epitome of our issue with less than average players on cosy wages. Barely plays, when he does he does nothing or declares himself injured. Want a new contract mate because literally no other club wants you in their side? Go on then.

I’d like to think I’ve cursed myself and he’ll now run the show today, but it won’t happen

I’m actually ok, think we do need energy….up to him to prove a point.

4 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

That's why we got in the medical miracle worker from Leicester, less injuries we were promised.

It is a concern, through it depends whether they are contact or muscular injuries.

Probably a good idea not to post any more videos on the OS about how great our fitness regime is for a while.

• Like 1
Just now, JonDolman said:

Atkinson, Baker, Cundy, James, King, Williams, Semenyo, Conway.

Not great is it. I can't see it being as bad as last season but we can't get any more and we need players to return.

Semenyo, Conway and Williams all back training….today too soon….Nige said the two senior ones of the three will be back.

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m just glad I’ve had two pints of Weston’s vintage watching the Manchester Derby. 

Excellent choice, sooths all yur troubles away ?

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m just glad I’ve had two pints of Weston’s vintage watching the Manchester Derby. 

Excellent choice, sooths all yur troubles away ?

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1
Just now, JonDolman said:

Atkinson, Baker, Cundy, James, King, Williams, Semenyo, Conway.

Not great is it. I can't see it being as bad as last season but we can't get any more and we need players to return.

I think Pearson said Semenyo and maybe Williams should be back after the international break.

King is out long term after surgery. Baker has always been made of glass, Conway and Cundy aren't really 1st team yet.

I'm not sure what James' status is, and I guess we'll hear from Pearson pre-match re Atkinson. 

It's nowhere near as bad as last season imo, although obviously we want them all fit ASAP.

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not our strongest eleven by any stretch, but I’m glad he hasn’t risked James and Williams, especially with a 2 week gap coming up.

Some of the changes are down to injuries of course but Nige did say after the Brum loss that he wasn’t happy with the performance particularly the second 45.

I wasn’t expecting quite to many tho.

5 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

I really, really, really hope that Williams can stay fit this time and play until the end of the season.

me too....happy if he has to be coaxed back, play one, rest one, play a couple, rest, etc

Still wonder whether this might be a 4141, with one player as a true DM "screen".

• Like 2