IGNORED

Coventry City away match day thread

Just now, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh, something tells me it would be unwise to flog him over the many games between the international break and the new year. December is brutal as always and he (and everyone else) will need resting at times.

Actually once this international break is done, we have one midweek game after the first weekend back, but between then and Christmas it's one game a week which is quite useful for easing him and others back in.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

What has Chris Martin got to do to be dropped?  Shag Pearson's missus??

That's a balsa-wood looking mf as well. 

This isn't looking pretty.

Just hope the large travelling contingent can lift the lads.

Midfielders aged 18, 20, 23 and 25. Maybe 200 or 250 championship games between them? It's not what you want is it really.

As Fleming has just said on RobinsTV there's a huge need for Kalas, Weimann, Martin and Bentley to marshal the younger players and lead them through today.

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Actually once this international break is done, we have one midweek game after the first weekend back, but between then and Christmas it's one game a week which is quite useful for easing him and others back in.

Is it really? I hadn't realised. December is normally 7 or so matches in the month. Might help having a bit more rest.

Yep just checked. Only 5 games in December this season.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 1

Manure have lost, so there's already a bright spot today.

Bernardo Dasilva tucking in that second goal was the perfect demonstration of busting a gut to make something out of an almost impossible situation.

Fear we are going to miss Atkinson big-time today.

Best we can hope for is a lethargic, under-par performance from Coventry (and hopefuly a red card), but that will still probably be enough to give them a win.

1 minute ago, ExiledAjax said:

Midfielders aged 18, 20, 23 and 25. Maybe 200 or 250 championship games between them? It's not what you want is it really.

As Fleming has just said on RobinsTV there's a huge need for Kalas, Weimann, Martin and Bentley to marshal the younger players and lead them through today.

Is it really? I hadn't realised. December is normally 7 or so matches in the month. Might help having a bit more rest.

The end of the month and beginning of January is busy as ever, but I think there's usually a midweek game somewhere in December whereas this season there isn't.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Vyner in a 2 and Bakinson in a 2 scares me

I don't think anyone's confident, but it's about as balanced as we can put out given the injuries. The midfield needs discipline, too often they go wandering. If one goes, the other sits, but don't get too far apart. They need to feed the wide areas and get the ball forward quicker. Could go very wrong, but could be positive today. Out of adversity, etc.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Been listening to BBCRB with Geoff...sounds like its gonna be a great day at Yate.

On Robinstv now, interested to hear Challis.  Good comments from him re Massengo not flitting around too much, maintain his position.

Robinstv says not available in your country for me, tried germany and the US