IGNORED

Coventry City away match day thread

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm going back to the days where I never bothered to follow away games, just looked at the final score when I had the time in what was a busy social day for me.

Following this crap ruins my weekend and wastes my time. 

That’s modern media for you.

Away days stood outside Tandy watching final score through the window whilst the girlfriend was shopping ?

• Haha 1
  • Robin 1
5 minutes ago, Winston said:

What an absolute spineless, pathetic bunch of so called professional footballers we have at our club ?

Playing against Man City with 10 men I could accept… but not Coventry City. Coventry totally deserved that win. That worked tirelessly, and showed levels of determination that we could only dream of from our players!

Agreed;

And Cov have one of the lowest budgets in the Champ. Our players' average salary will be higher than theirs !

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Bodiesaffer said:

No manager can shake this mess up.  They all have to go.  Complete mental lock out..  Nigel needs to sack off some of these pros. They are not good enough fact they’ve had there chance. 

The trouble is that Pearson decided to go with a very thin squad. You can only do that  if the core of those are dependable. Our squad is anything but that. His decision on the squad size was suicidal, and we are where we are because of it. 
He may well call out players from this game and say he’ll replace them, but he’ll only be replacing them with the players be bawled out the week before. 

7 minutes ago, desert said:

I spent 77 quid on a shirt and shorts for my 5 year old on Tuesday before the shit served up at birmingham. & now this. I want my money back and to advise my kid to support anybody but this shower. 45 years of following this utter under achievement - and the last 18 months are the worst of the lot. High performance centre - my arse

My son’s been supporting City since his first game in 2018 (age 7). It’s been thoroughly uninspiring throughout that period. He wants to watch Premier League games and I find it very difficult to blame him - why wouldn’t he?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Slack Bladder said:

Seriously we run out of steam half way through a second half. 

Pathetic 

This is it.

I don't expect this team to shake up the division. Work in progress and all that. 

But we can't seem to compete beyond the hour mark. 

Fitness? Nerves? 

Whatever it is new coaches and/or sports psychologists are going to be the only way to stop us continually embarrassing ourselves.

Just now, The Original OTIB said:

I disagree now. That was a game to be won, or at least controlled. This is coaching and this team (coaches & manager) are not doing their jobs. I 100% believe that a good coach could sort this out, not to climb the table, but to do the basics and pick up points. At 2-2 a point would not have been so very bad, but we were too open, too sloppy, too headless, too lazy, and the inevitable came to pass.

Tend to agree that no matter how poor a squad may be, a manager should get be able to get the team doing the absolute basics.

I'm not convinced, however, that LJ, Holden, Pearson, McAllister, Simpson, Downing, Fleming etc are ALL dreadful coaches. Is there an element of players failing to understand or implement instructions? Is it something else?

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Super said:

The fact is we looked like we had the ten men.

It can happen when you play against a side that in this moment is stronger, with less injuries, with more confidence. Before the match I would have been happy with a draw,  but when they scored the second honestly I thought that a draw would have been an opportunity missed, because even with all our weaknesses we were battling quite well, we were two times ahead on score despite all (bad refereeing included).

IMO a draw would not have been undeserved and losing with a late goal was harsh. 

Anyway, massive work to be done during the international pause.

Edited by Dan Robin
1 minute ago, Dingbat said:

The trouble is that Pearson decided to go with a very thin squad. You can only do that  if the core of those are dependable. Our squad is anything but that. His decision on the squad size was suicidal, and we are where we are because of it. 
He may well call out players from this game and say he’ll replace them, but he’ll only be replacing them with the players be bawled out the week before. 

When you say ‘decided’ how do you know that?

How much did we have to spend on players and wages?

How much of the wage bill did we have to chop due to the mid management of Ashton?

I’ll happily concede Nigel Pearson is failing if we also concede Lansdown has overseen a slow cluster **** spanning 3 years (for a change)

• Like 3
1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Fair enough- you do seem slightly obsessed with Johnson but see your point.

Pearson went from feb to end of October without a home win, their is plenty of championship experience in that squad and internationals- I don’t but into the fact that they are a dreadful bunch- they are not being coached well they are not motivated and I thought someone of his experience could at least bring that to the table… telling the press after every loss that we are a poor team Is not exactly motivational. 

I manage a high performing Sales team in a very competitive financial service industry- I make my people believe that they are better than I know they are (mainly because I am shite at recruiting) but it seems to work and their engagement is a credit to them- man management is all about the leader in charge

I completely understand. I investigate murder - and we solve pretty much every thing that comes our way (I’m not sure what my point is, but you told me you’re and in defence I’ve had six pints of Weston’s!)

This squad wasn’t put together by Pearson… I feel it only fair he should get to put his own squad together. Should that be at the cost of relegation? No. Absolutely not. But we’re a little way off that yet. 

• Like 4

We are now a sad joke of a team.....how the players have the audacity to pick up their wages after this performance, is a travesty.   I am speechless at how far we have fallen, I feel genuinely embarrassed to say I support this club...........we are a disgrace.  In front of 3k City fans who have spent their wages to travel to Coventry.  The team that went there in 1976 to gain a 2-2 draw to stay in the then 1st Division would piss all over the rabble who purport to represent the City of Bristol..............I am ashamed.

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

There'll be clowns on here who blame Pearson for that, despite him not being there.

I’m done with the current management set up now, I don’t know what system we are trying to play and neither do the players it seems, we can’t defend, we can’t hold onto the ball and we’re not creative enough, so that’s no area of the pitch where you can say improvement is evident. Sometimes you have to accept that somethings are not going to work and this feels like one of those situations. 

Time to see how much money Wilder wants

1 minute ago, RedsTilliDie said:

I don’t understand the complete differences in our club and what led to them, prem level stadium and training ground yet we play like league one or two, how the board allowed this to happen I will never know 

The board are the problem in my eyes. They back a novice but don’t back someone with a proven record. 

Most of the players are just not good enough at Championship level.

The whole club is in a mess.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Tend to agree that no matter how poor a squad may be, a manager should get be able to get the team doing the absolute basics.

I'm not convinced, however, that LJ, Holden, Pearson, McAllister, Simpson, Downing, Fleming etc are ALL dreadful coaches. Is there an element of players failing to understand or implement instructions? Is it something else?

Of course there's an element of that, but good defending is based on hours or repetitive drills and the right attitude. It is abundantly clear that we are not putting in those hours.

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I completely understand. I investigate murder - and we solve pretty much every thing that comes our way (I’m not sure what my point is, but you told me you’re and in defence I’ve had six pints of Weston’s!)

This squad wasn’t put together by Pearson… I feel it only fair he should get to put his own squad together. Should that be at the cost of relegation? No. Absolutely not. But we’re a little way off that yet. 

Haha enjoy the cider- my point was, he inherited a squad low on confidence but he does nothing but reaffirm the fact that he thinks their rubbish… that is not the man management I expected from an experienced football hard man

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

I honestly believe we have an ok squad but they are mentally pathetic. Being in a lead scares the shit out of them. We need to bring in a sports psychologist or something. We are barrelling down the league with a manager who is clearly struggling to cope. Make the change, and let the rescue mission begin ASAP.

I have been offering to get involved with the mental health/psychology for over 2 years. I had a brief chat with LJ, but getting involved with the club I have supported for 51 years is a likely as us keeping a clean sheet. They feel they have all bases covered which is clearly not the case. Their sports psychology department is obviously not working. I'm now in discussions with another Championship club that has more ambition, and sees what I do as another opportunity to  cement their place near the top of the table. Such a shame that I have to take my business away from the club I support.

• Robin 1
1 minute ago, City1970 said:

The board are the problem in my eyes. They back a novice but don’t back someone with a proven record. 

Most of the players are just not good enough at Championship level.

The whole club is in a mess.

True, but a lot of the players in our squad, minus the youngers, have played at championship levels for years and played well either for other teams or us when we have stints that have us in the top 6 by Christmas, so how the **** can none of them play to any degree of decency now. Makes no sense imo 

• Like 3