IGNORED

Coventry City away match day thread

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

He certainly wouldn’t see a team fall into L1 either. My god what has this club done to me. I want bloody Warnock.

Deal til the end of the season and he's managed the club he always wanted to and we stay up and can go again with a new coach as a Championship club while Warnock sails off into retirement with our thanks.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'm going back to the days where I never bothered to follow away games, just looked at the final score when I had the time in what was a busy social day for me.

Following this crap ruins my weekend and wastes my time. 

100% this! A source of greatly unwanted frustration week in and week out.

• Thanks 1
Just now, VT05763 said:

Dozens of them. The idea that this group of players is un-coachable and crap is simply laughable.

No it's not, the ones left of this bunch of players under LJ etc are just earning a comfortable living and just don't care as long as they get their massive wage cheque every month. They know they have safe contracts and know that the manager will be the one to get sacked not them. Ashton Gate has been a rest home for too many players for too long and it needs a shake up from the top to the bottom. How can a professional player not know how to pass the ball and that seems to be the main problem, they shouldn't need to be coached the basics, they should have these abilities and if they don't then they should not be playing profession football. These basics are not down to the coaches at all.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I didn't start following this thread until after my daughters 8th birthday party, then in the car we go 2-1 up, happy days methinks, then checking into a hotel and switching on the room TV, imagine my shock that we've lost 3-2 with yet another 90+min goal.......losing 3-1 in the 2nd half to 10 men is really unforgiveable.  I fear the worst this season now. This squad is so mentally weak. Unlike Coventry.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

Deal til the end of the season and he's managed the club he always wanted to and we stay up and can go again with a new coach as a Championship club while Warnock sails off into retirement with our thanks.

Let's be straight here he couldn't possibly do any worse could he.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, sglosbcfc said:

Huge game against Blackburn on the horizon. Let us hope Pearson is back on the touchline, Baker and Atkinson alongside Kalas crashing into challenges, James bossing the midfield and Semenyo giving us some pace in attacking areas.

COYR

Just about every game for the last two months has been a huge game. The problem is, as time goes by, the games get hugerer and hugerer

2 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

No it's not, the ones left of this bunch of players under LJ etc are just earning a comfortable living and just don't care as long as they get their massive wage cheque every month. They know they have safe contracts and know that the manager will be the one to get sacked not them. Ashton Gate has been a rest home for too many players for too long and it needs a shake up from the top to the bottom. How can a professional player not know how to pass the ball and that seems to be the main problem, they shouldn't need to be coached the basics, they should have these abilities and if they don't then they should not be playing profession football. These basics are not down to the coaches at all.

Totally disagree with you on every point but respect you view.

It was inevitable, we were all just waiting for them to score again. They looked hungry and positive. We looked clueless, sloppy and lazy.

Toxic at the end from a lot of unhappy fans of ALL ages venting their feelings. This performance was inexcusable.

• Like 2
  • Robin 2
2 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

The sad sad thing is this is Coventry City without a pot to piss in, sitting pretty in 4th in the champ. A squad of very very limited footballers playing football we could only dream of. Kyle Macfadzean star CB ffs

Indeed, we don't have as crap a squad as many say, we have abject coaching and a poor mental attitude. Items that can be fixed suffient enought to stay up. We are odds on relegation fodder now.

3 minutes ago, Pippintogg said:

I have been offering to get involved with the mental health/psychology for over 2 years. I had a brief chat with LJ, but getting involved with the club I have supported for 51 years is a likely as us keeping a clean sheet. They feel they have all bases covered which is clearly not the case. Their sports psychology department is obviously not working. I'm now in discussions with another Championship club that has more ambition, and sees what I do as another opportunity to  cement their place near the top of the table. Such a shame that I have to take my business away from the club I support.

I’ve just thought of my counter point (it took a while), if you had a team of 25 and all but four were recruited by you, and some of them were guaranteed to be brilliant (judging by the amount they were being paid) but actually they were dogshit, you’d struggle to make your sales targets no matter what you said to them or no matter how you told them how to sell. Especially bearing in mind that the previous two sales managers have struggled to get a tune out of them. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, City1970 said:

The board are the problem in my eyes. They back a novice but don’t back someone with a proven record. 

Most of the players are just not good enough at Championship level.

The whole club is in a mess.

I think the problem is that we don't have a board...we have an 'owner'.

And where has he been this season? Deafening silence.

• Like 6
1 minute ago, RedM said:

It was inevitable, we were all just waiting for them to score again. They looked hungry and positive. We looked clueless, sloppy and lazy.

Toxic at the end from a lot of unhappy fans of ALL ages venting their feelings. This performance was inexcusable.

Yes and the problem is this is the regular thing!

Just now, RedM said:

And how many players will lose any sleep tonight I wonder? Their whole attitude is distinctly meh.

7 minutes ago, 054123 said:

When you say ‘decided’ how do you know that?

How much did we have to spend on players and wages?

How much of the wage bill did we have to chop due to the mid management of Ashton?

I’ll happily concede Nigel Pearson is failing if we also concede Lansdown has overseen a slow cluster **** spanning 3 years (for a change)

He’s come out a number of times and said he preferred to run with a smaller squad. We are now massively hamstrung by that. 
Having said that, I’d absolutely concede that the mis-management by Lansdown leading up to NP appointment meant Nige’s job was almost impossible. 

2 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve just thought of my counter point (it took a while), if you had a team of 25 and all but four were recruited by you, and some of them were guaranteed to be brilliant (judging by the amount they were being paid) but actually they were dogshit, you’d struggle to make your sales targets no matter what you said to them or no matter how you told them how to sell. Especially bearing in mind that the previous two sales managers have struggled to get a tune out of them. 

What's your point here, Fordy?

Just now, Dingbat said:

He’s come out a number of times and said he preferred to run with a smaller squad. We are now massively hamstrung by that. 
Having said that, I’d absolutely concede that the mis-management by Lansdown leading up to NP appointment meant Nige’s job was almost impossible. 

I’m hanging on until Christmas ??