IGNORED

Coventry City away match day thread

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

I think the problem is that we don't have a board...we have an 'owner'.

And where has he been this season? Deafening silence.

Was thinking the same, where are you Lansdown? Fans are treated like punters of Bristol ******* Sport.
Fed up with the shambles. Give me my football club back.

• Robin 1
3 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Inevitable it got toxic. Fans have had enough 

Yep, I’ve tried to not boo the older I’ve got, but I’ve yet to climb mt. Pious like some regular content contributors have and start knocking others for doing so.

Its is very poor at the moment and the same passion and emotion that creates euphoric moments will also make toxic ones.

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Fair enough- you do seem slightly obsessed with Johnson but see your point.

Pearson went from feb to end of October without a home win, their is plenty of championship experience in that squad and internationals- I don’t but into the fact that they are a dreadful bunch- they are not being coached well they are not motivated and I thought someone of his experience could at least bring that to the table… telling the press after every loss that we are a poor team Is not exactly motivational. 

I manage a high performing Sales team in a very competitive financial service industry- I make my people believe that they are better than I know they are (mainly because I am shite at recruiting) but it seems to work and their engagement is a credit to them- man management is all about the leader in charge

You told me I was special!!!

33 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He also lost 8 in a row. We’re nowhere near that. 

It’s not Lee Johnson that I hate per sé, it’s his favourable treatment that I can only put down to nepotism. 

If NP gets the same level of favour as LJ did, then maybe I can let it go a little. 

But that doesn't make sense. If those LJ bad runs put us in relegation trouble he would surely have been relegated.

It sounds like you're saying Pearson should be allowed the same bad runs no matter where we are in the league. It would be nice if we could actually have a win let alone a run of wins under the current regime. 

3 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Overpaid. lazy, underachievers.

Just guessing, but I don't imagine Pearson to go easy on the training so it surprises me his team are lazy and unorganised. Is it the opposite, does he flog them in training and this is their response?

I guess it also depends on how they can be motivated. money, pride or desire to forward their career. Many players it seems don't tick any of those boxes.

1 minute ago, RedM said:

Just guessing, but I don't imagine Pearson to go easy on the training so it surprises me his team are lazy and unorganised. Is it the opposite, does he flog them in training and this is their response?

I guess it also depends on how they can be motivated. money, pride or desire to forward their career. Many players it seems don't tick any of those boxes.

Could be either or both.

4 minutes ago, Prime said:

But that doesn't make sense. If those LJ bad runs put us in relegation trouble he would surely have been relegated.

It sounds like you're saying Pearson should be allowed the same bad runs no matter where we are in the league. It would be nice if we could actually have a win let alone a run of wins under the current regime. 

I'll let @Fordy62 explain himself but for me the club started falling apart when it was obvious that LJ wasn't up to getting promotion no matter how many players he was given, and SL refused to see it because LJ was his golden boy. It was clear LJ wasn't up to it long before he was shown the door.

We live with the legacy of that.

• Like 1
  • Flames 3
1 minute ago, Bazooka Joe said:

When's the last time Lansdown did a press conference or Q & A session ?

Reckon we need to hear something from him now (otherwise it's fair to conclude he's pretty okay with the way things are going).

I don't think he cares too much about what the fans think. It is his club and he will do what he wants as he has told the fans before.

• Like 1

Just got back in. I’d be absolutely foaming at that if I was a fan, it was tough enough as a soft fan for the day.

Cant blame anyone for wanting the manager gone based on that. Impossible to work out what they do all week in training and the inability to pass a ball was astounding, particularly in the first 30 mins. Some of the players don’t cover themselves in much glory and there’s a lot of passengers but it’s still on the manager if you look rudderless. To then lose 3-1 over 45 minutes against 10 men is unforgivable and I really can’t say it was cruel to lose it so late - it wasn’t the right result over the course of 90 mins. You could forgive a poor team that looks like it knows what it’s at least trying to achieve on the pitch but that was a poor team with no discernible idea on it’s approach from my vantage point.

Fair play to Cov, well drilled side that all know their roles. Don’t think they’re better players necessarily but they’re a proper team, they look interested and they look coached. Fans still as grim as ever but after what they’ve been through even I can’t begrudge some better times again.

General observations is that you do forget the difference between the PL and CH until you watch them both in the flesh. PL is so much quicker, both in terms of power and pace of the players and in terms of the speed of thought. Even slow possession football in the PL is fizzed around quicker than a lot of play in CH. Albeit this wasn’t Bournemouth or Fulham.

Nice day though. I’ll watch any football me and chatted to a few decent fellas, some wanting to give Pearson time and some fed up with him but everyone seemingly exasperated at the mess the club has made of things in recent years. Hi if any of you are on here. 

I know you’ve been there done it a few times in recent years but when we were in a real mess (worse than this cos we didn’t have a pot to piss in or any investment at all) going down to League 1 seemed to do us the world of good, even if it was the end of the world at the time. You came up stronger last time, plus Cov themselves are an example of having to hit a real low and coming back all the better for it. Never desirable and it can go wrong but today reminded me of those years growing up where we were an absolute mess and it’s tough to get out of it as a club without a total reset.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
23 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’ve just thought of my counter point (it took a while), if you had a team of 25 and all but four were recruited by you, and some of them were guaranteed to be brilliant (judging by the amount they were being paid) but actually they were dogshit, you’d struggle to make your sales targets no matter what you said to them or no matter how you told them how to sell. Especially bearing in mind that the previous two sales managers have struggled to get a tune out of them. 

Let’s look at your sales analogy. I’m assuming that I’ve got it correct that the sales manager recruited 21 out of the 25? Are you sure it’s not the other way around as NP is the ‘sales manager’ in question and he has only recruited a small number of the squad. Anyway, these are not bad players, what they have a problem with at the moment is mental, not physical. When the brain gets cluttered with lack of confidence, etc it is not able to perform at its best. That’s when mistakes creep in, poor decision making, a perceived lack of effort by those watching, and many other problems. There is a lack of understanding about motivation, it is not all about ‘what you said to them or how you told them how to sell’ but how you say it. As for the previous ‘sales managers’ they were hampered by the same problems, once the mental rot set in it was hard to change. The current squad is good enough to be mid-table, but that’s about it. It is not a top 6 side and will not be without serious financial investment/good recruitment. Something lacking during the Ashton years.