IGNORED

Coventry City away match day thread

9 minutes ago, stevep38 said:

Would like to know the players reactions after the final whistle? Did they come over to the fans and clap them, look embarrassed or was it a I don't give a shit attitude? 

I would say some came and clapped but looked sheepish, but many went straight down the tunnel without coming over. Weimann, Wells, Cod Bentley for sure came over. Weimann held up his hands to appologise. Backinson for example ran straight off. 

3 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Due to illness in family i could not make the game today. Full respect to 3k who went. did the fans stay with the team or did they get at them.

For the number there we weren't that noisy on the whole, but there was not that much to insipre us. It only got really toxic after we let in their last goal which was pretty much the final whistle, thats when fans let rip

1 minute ago, WessexPest said:

Is this what we’ve been reduced to, speculating whether the obnoxious Colin W***er and his prehistoric tactics can pull us out of the quicksand?!?

This club truly is on life support. ?

Don't worry it won't happen, even Colin wouldn't want to coach this bunch of no hopers.

27 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just guessing, but I don't imagine Pearson to go easy on the training so it surprises me his team are lazy and unorganised. Is it the opposite, does he flog them in training and this is their response?

I guess it also depends on how they can be motivated. money, pride or desire to forward their career. Many players it seems don't tick any of those boxes.

The best way to motivate people is to recruit people who are already self motivated. I see little evidence of that in our squad.

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, RedM said:

Just guessing, but I don't imagine Pearson to go easy on the training so it surprises me his team are lazy and unorganised. Is it the opposite, does he flog them in training and this is their response?

I guess it also depends on how they can be motivated. money, pride or desire to forward their career. Many players it seems don't tick any of those boxes.

I don't think he coaches. More of a manager. It's showing.

5 minutes ago, chinapig said:

The best way to motivate people is to recruit people who are already self motivated. I see little evidence of that in our squad.

Cowards and glad handed the lot of them. There are 1000s of footballers out there who would jump at the chance to be a pro and would have more heart than this lot.

3 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Cowards and glad handed the lot of them. There are 1000s of footballers out there who would jump at the chance to be a pro and would have more heart than this lot.

I don’t think it’s as much as lack of heart as lack of confidence that’s now probably spreading to the young players who have never played in a confident championship side and are over exposed now because of injuries. 

• Like 4

This squad reminds me of a set of musicians in an orchestra as they warm up. Everybody doing their own thing  making a right racket. 

Normally a conductor (the manager) comes along, smacks his stick on the lectern and everyone shuts up. He then wafts his stick around and some pleasant tunes are produced. 

The problem with our bunch is the conductor waves his stick and they continue to make a right din doing their own stuff. No tunes, just loads of random sounds.

I’m beginning to think our ‘musicians’ are just frauds unable to play a tune at all, let alone form an ensemble. 

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, RedM said:

For the number there we weren't that noisy on the whole, but there was not that much to insipre us. It only got really toxic after we let in their last goal which was pretty much the final whistle, thats when fans let rip

It makes me think we genuinely don't have the quality regardless of coaching and discipline.

10 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

I don't think he coaches. More of a manager. It's showing.

I can appreciate that, but surely he manages the coaches. He decides the game plan etc. The coaches have to drill the players ready for what the manager wants. Ultimately it the manager who gets the praise or the flack, so the buck stops with him and not his team

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

It makes me think we genuinely don't have the quality regardless of coaching and discipline.

Coventry weren't oozing with talent or quality but certainly better gelled as a team and worked hard for eachother. Their manager looked like he got more out of a bunch of average players than we did with our Internationals and relatively expensive players. Granted we had young players out there, but I guess so did Coventry.

17 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

Just seen the post match Flemming looked pissed and quite rightly so he used the word desire or lack of to describe that performance.

Pissed off, please, not pissed.

We're in the West Country, not West Virginia.

Seriously though, these sort of late losses must utterly crush the self-belief of these players.  They think it's coming as much as we do.

I don't think the current management team can shake off that mindset from our squad and the lack of confidence feeds losses which feeds further lack of confidence. It's a classic vicious circle.

If Pearson is to stay, he needs help from someone new. Urgently. 

• Like 3
  • Flames 1
17 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Seriously though, these sort of late losses must utterly crush the self-belief of these players.  They think it's coming as much as we do.

I don't think the current management team can shake off that mindset from our squad and the lack of confidence feeds losses which feeds further lack of confidence. It's a classic vicious circle.

If Pearson is to stay, he needs help from someone new. Urgently. 

Time for Benny?

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Speak for yerself. ;)

Agree though, pissed is what I need to be after every City shambles just to maintain a modicum of sanity.

As you say, these late goals feel inexorable. It’s almost like these nogginses are trying to lose on purpose!

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, johnheadbcfc said:

Chucking the players under the bus(not saying it was wrong) trying to protect his job I think that was 

Damn right he said the right things. Clearly desire was missing today and that isn't acceptable. If players need desire to be put into them they are playing at the wrong level, simple as that. I bet if a 30 year old Curtis Fleming was out there today and Nigel Pearson for that matter we wouldn't have capitulated like that. We have a group that are weak as piss not to mention low on ability, the mentality is shocking.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1