Jump to content
IGNORED

Coventry City away match day thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Kinda hoping its a 4-2-3-1. Flat 4 has the potential of being completely overrun, and we haven't looked much like scoring with 2 up top so worth sacrificing a striker IMO.

One thing is for sure you can't play with just 2 in the centre of midfield in this division (unless you have parachute payments)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

O’Dowda eh? The epitome of our issue with less than average players on cosy wages. Barely plays, when he does he does nothing or declares himself injured. Want a new contract mate because literally no other club wants you in their side? Go on then.

I’d like to think I’ve cursed myself and he’ll now run the show today, but it won’t happen

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Just now, deadredfred said:

O’Dowda eh? The epitome of our issue with less than average players on cosy wages. Barely plays, when he does he does nothing or declares himself injured. Want a new contract mate because literally no other club wants you in their side? Go on then.

I’d like to think I’ve cursed myself and he’ll now run the show today, but it won’t happen

 

I’m actually ok, think we do need energy….up to him to prove a point.

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

That's why we got in the medical miracle worker from Leicester, less injuries we were promised.

It is a concern, through it depends whether they are contact or muscular injuries.

Probably a good idea not to post any more videos on the OS about how great our fitness regime is for a while.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Just now, JonDolman said:

Atkinson, Baker, Cundy, James, King, Williams, Semenyo, Conway.

Not great is it. I can't see it being as bad as last season but we can't get any more and we need players to return.

Semenyo, Conway and Williams all back training….today too soon….Nige said the two senior ones of the three will be back.

Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m just glad I’ve had two pints of Weston’s vintage watching the Manchester Derby. 

Excellent choice, sooths all yur troubles away 👍

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I’m just glad I’ve had two pints of Weston’s vintage watching the Manchester Derby. 

Excellent choice, sooths all yur troubles away 👍

  • Haha 1
  • Flames 1
Link to comment
Just now, JonDolman said:

Atkinson, Baker, Cundy, James, King, Williams, Semenyo, Conway.

Not great is it. I can't see it being as bad as last season but we can't get any more and we need players to return.

I think Pearson said Semenyo and maybe Williams should be back after the international break.

King is out long term after surgery. Baker has always been made of glass, Conway and Cundy aren't really 1st team yet.

I'm not sure what James' status is, and I guess we'll hear from Pearson pre-match re Atkinson. 

It's nowhere near as bad as last season imo, although obviously we want them all fit ASAP.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not our strongest eleven by any stretch, but I’m glad he hasn’t risked James and Williams, especially with a 2 week gap coming up.

Some of the changes are down to injuries of course but Nige did say after the Brum loss that he wasn’t happy with the performance particularly the second 45.

I wasn’t expecting quite to many tho.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...