IGNORED

Coventry City away match day thread

Us losing after having a 2-1 lead doesn’t surprise me.

Us losing after having a 2-1 lead against ten men with 22 minutes left is farcical.

I’m very worried about this team; that’s the kind of result that screams relegation candidate, unfortunately.

I’ve said it multiple times now, but small squad or not, need to start actually doing something regards selection when players have bad games - trudging more or less the same side out week to week when they are clearly not working is getting very hard to stomach.

Play more youth and start telling the deadwood to stay at home on a match day; I’d rather at least be cheering on academy products and assessing their worth while we lose games than this shower.

36 minutes ago, P'head Red said:

Watched it just now, certainly seemed like he was blaming desire more so than tactics/ formation

I think he looked quietly seething, you can set them up as much as you want but if they don’t do their jobs and the basics against an effective organised team.

Although Bakinson had a good game compared to recent performances he let players breeze past him more than once in the second half. Not scapegoating him as there are others but more to illustrate just doing the basics, you can tippy tappy all you like at Failand but sometimes you’ve got to be prepared to stick your foot in where it hurts, and it’s pretty clear that we don’t have 11 players with that attribute.

As players Pearson and Fleming were uncompromising, do we have anyone like that?

That was seriously bad. We shouldn’t have lost being 1-0 up and having 1 more man. BUT despite the actual result, even with 10men for 90min cov were much better team - well drilled and passed around the park brilliantly. We looked like a team of 11 strangers, I had no idea of the game plan (neither did players from looks of it) and we couldn’t even do the simple things right. Pearson has been here year now and has PPG of 0.85 - any other manager would be sacked! I understand the issues with squad/ffp but there are decent enough players there to be getting some performances, but he’s not getting that and ultimately it’s done to manager. Players seem absolutely devoid of confidence - so we have any sports psychologists??

Id have no issue if he’s sacked, but I know he won’t be. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

For the number there we weren't that noisy on the whole, but there was not that much to insipre us. It only got really toxic after we let in their last goal which was pretty much the final whistle, thats when fans let rip

Definitely was quiet but not really surprising all things considered, for me it felt like brum was noticeably more toxic, possibly partly because more of the players came over after brum so there was a target? whereas even those who did come over today weren’t particularly close/didn’t really stay long bar COD for all that he divides (or doesnt…) opinion 

1 hour ago, Brann-red said:

ps - thought cov were good and their fans were noisy throughout .. fair play to them. 

Agreed. I thought Cov gave probably the best home atmosphere I’ve witnessed this season. Very loud throughout. 

I actually think it was their noise that subdued our fans. Due to their close proximity to us, and that they were continually loud, nothing got sparked in the away end. 

If it was about who made the most noise in the concourse we’d win hands down. Loads of singing pre game and at half time but for whatever reason, as soon as people went upstairs to their seats they lost their voices. 

Pretty embarrassing vocal support to be fair, given the numbers. 

• Like 1

I thought their fans were top class and put us to shame. I am trying to think of a louder home crowd for quite some years.  During the game I had the same feeling I had after the play off defeat, when again the atmosphere was so poor - do we really deserve success as a football club when our fans often can't be bothered to make any noise!?  Even in the first half we had throw ins in good attacking positions and there was no roar of encouragement at all. Maybe we just know by now that our attacking throws often just result in the opposition counter attacking!

3 hours ago, Brann-red said:

Two positives from today

the jackets potatoes sold in the little van besides the stadium. 

The fact we left after that last goal and got back on the m6 within 10 mins as the Cov stadium stayed full I assume ..

ps - thought cov were good and their fans were noisy throughout .. fair play to them. 

The Balti pie I had in the ground was great.  Best of the season so far.

7 hours ago, RedRock said:

This squad reminds me of a set of musicians in an orchestra as they warm up. Everybody doing their own thing  making a right racket. 

Normally a conductor (the manager) comes along, smacks his stick on the lectern and everyone shuts up. He then wafts his stick around and some pleasant tunes are produced. 

The problem with our bunch is the conductor waves his stick and they continue to make a right din doing their own stuff. No tunes, just loads of random sounds.

I’m beginning to think our ‘musicians’ are just frauds unable to play a tune at all, let alone form an ensemble. 

If ever there was a perfect musical match for Bristol City FC 2020, it would have to be the 'legendary' Porstmouth Synfonia.

Here's their somewhat distinctive take on 'Also sprach Zarathustra' which certainly bears some comparision to most of our performances this year. Perhaps it could be played as the walk on music for Blackburn...

• Haha 2

Just watched the 'highlights'.  The players are so powder puff and uninterested its criminal. They have no heart, no passion and no desire.  I find it hard to believe that as a collective they can be so weak.  The third Cov goal was ineptitude on a different level.  I cant help but think some of this is deliberate on the part of the players - I really am getting to that stage of believing this is purposeful. 

Edited by cityloyal473
  • Like 2
5 hours ago, cityloyal473 said:

Just watched the 'highlights'.  The players are so powder puff and uninterested its criminal. They have no heart, no passion and no desire.  I find it hard to believe that as a collective they can be so weak.  The third Cov goal was ineptitude on a different level.  I cant help but think some of this is deliberate on the part of the players - I really am getting to that stage of believing this is purposeful. 

That thought crossed my mind that last season but there were other reasons as so many were going to be out of contract. If that is the case this season the we really are doomed. 

The lack of crowds and toxic atmospheres last season meant they had it easier, hopefully they won't get such an easy ride this time around.

12 hours ago, fgrsimon said:

If ever there was a perfect musical match for Bristol City FC 2020, it would have to be the 'legendary' Porstmouth Synfonia.

Here's their somewhat distinctive take on 'Also sprach Zarathustra' which certainly bears some comparision to most of our performances this year. Perhaps it could be played as the walk on music for Blackburn...

No this mob is much better than our players, at least they can blow their own trumpet!