IGNORED

Diego De Girolamo

CodeRed

Watching the BBC sports news this morning they did the usual FA Cup round 1 focus on a non League player who has an unglamorous day job and is thrust into the limelight on FA cup day and it was our old player De Girolamo now working as a floor tiler and playing p/t for Buxton Town.

I don't think he actually made a first team appearance for us though, a player released by Sheff Utd and picked up by us through Pembo's Sheffield connections I believe.

14 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

Watching the BBC sports news this morning they did the usual FA Cup round 1 focus on a non League player who has an unglamorous day job and is thrust into the limelight on FA cup day and it was our old player De Girolamo now working as a floor tiler and playing p/t for Buxton Town.

I don't think he actually made a first team appearance for us though, a player released by Sheff Utd and picked up by us through Pembo's Sheffield connections I believe.

Think he was playing for Italy u21 at one point too? Quite a fall

• Like 2

I watched an u/23 match against Cardiff and he was the best player on the pitch . Surprised he didn’t make it.  He had a very, very  attractive, bubbly northern  girlfriend who was stood next to me. She told me all about their flat on the harbour side ! 

Edited by redapple

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

Came of the bench in a League Cup away to Scunthorpe