IGNORED

Been obvious for weeks

Waconda

2 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Pearson was here for a payday first and foremost. 

That has become quite clear. 

Indifference personified. 

I honestly think indifferent is the one criticism that cannot be fairly levelled at him.

At the same time, it feels pretty clear the players he has are not the players he wants to work with and that we cannot afford players he does want to work with. Whether he is right or wrong in his assessment of our players, I wonder how much it helps them to have a manager who very clearly and openly does not rate them.

• Like 1

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

I honestly think indifferent is the one criticism that cannot be fairly levelled at him.

At the same time, it feels pretty clear the players he has are not the players he wants to work with and that we cannot afford players he does want to work with. Whether he is right or wrong in his assessment of our players, I wonder how much it helps them to have a manager who very clearly and openly does not rate them.

Crazy man management.

3 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

I use the word indifference because he never seems to be angry about his team being unable to deliver the simplest of things. 

You'll never fix the things you don't see or choose to ignore. 

4 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Bollocks.

Then, simply, he must be shite. 

4 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I use the word indifference because he never seems to be angry about his team being unable to deliver the simplest of things. 

You'll never fix the things you don't see or choose to ignore. 

Because he knows his hands are tied! WTF don’t you understand? The players are soft as shit, and it doesn’t matter who’s in charge for as long as we have these players. That’s on MA but the buck stops with SL.

Edited by tin
  • Like 2

I think not being willing and/or able to make many changes in the summer is coming home to roost with us. We have too many players going anonymous in games and that feels like an individual thing. I don’t see this as a Pearson devised issue (yet), but if we don’t invest in January we will sleepwalk to league one in the same way we did under SOD 

• Like 1

Just now, tin said:

Because he knows his hands are tied! WTF don’t you understand? The players are soft as shit, and it’s doesn’t matter who’s in charge for as long as we have these players. That’s on MA but the buck stops with SL.

Yes his hands are tied but that doesn’t mean he can’t coach improvement- that is the least we should expect from an experienced manager.

He must step up and improve the players who have talent like Kasey and JD not simply cast them aside.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, tin said:

Because he knows his hands are tied! WTF don’t you understand? The players are soft as shit, and it doesn’t matter who’s in charge for as long as we have these players. That’s on MA but the buck stops with SL.

I'll tell you Wtf I do understand.

Any decent manager makes his team more than the sum of their parts, win or lose. 

Pearson is doing the opposite.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tin said:

To an extent, I agree. But - as we cannot afford to overhaul the squad - we are working with the players we have. I agree it is not a fantastic bunch but many - such as Vyner, Dasilva, Bakinson, Martin and arguably Kalas - look worse under Pearson than they did under previous managers.

I think Pearson is right about the changes we need but they are changes we cannot afford and I do not believe he is getting the best out of the players we actually have.

• Like 2

Just now, weepywall said:

To be fair don't think we can blame Lansdown for this shambles, most of us were crying out for an experienced manager for a change and that's what he gave us, I wouldn't be surprised if NP quit to be honest.

Fair point. But we can blame him for the players we sold. And for allowing Ashton to perform his tricks. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

To be fair don't think we can blame Lansdown for this shambles, most of us were crying out for an experienced manager for a change and that's what he gave us, I wouldn't be surprised if NP quit to be honest.

So you don’t think Lansdown is responsible for the utter failure of this club? Clueless. 

6 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Yes his hands are tied but that doesn’t mean he can’t coach improvement- that is the least we should expect from an experienced manager.

He must step up and improve the players who have talent like Kasey and JD not simply cast them aside.

Exactly.

The excuse making and deflection of blame is embarrassing.

12 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Pearson was here for a payday first and foremost. 

That has become quite clear. 

Indifference personified. 

Not buying whatever you're selling.

I think it seems more the case that evidently, with the second bout of COVID and missing the match today - it may have more to do with his health rather than him simply being here for a payday, I don't think the latter is true at all. It needs to be pointed out that, he could have quite easily walked come the end of the season - but he saw a project that he really wanted to work with (god knows how) - and his reputation from his time at Leicester would have remained mostly untarnished ahoc his spell at Watford. He's done work where he can with regards to recruitment (Tanner, Atkinson), and Medical (Rennie). If he only wanted the money, he would have never stepped in here back after Holden's sacking - could have just waited for another PL gig to come aorund from a club in trouble, Villa, Norwich, among others as examples.

Really, really, want it to work; but I think akin to O'Driscoll, there's simply too much for one manager to sort from the ground up in such a short space of time without impacting performances on the pitch; it may be easier for us to poach another manager (and ergo coaching staff) from a manager already in employment - but that costs money. Can we even afford that under FFP?

Pearson is not up to task, 0-1 at halftime against 10 men to then be totally out played and to end up losing 3-2 in the 2nd Half is unacceptable, his tenure can’t continue. No game plan cant organised or set up team to play against opponents, transfer limitations or not under Pearson we are massively regressing on the pitch 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Johnr1986 said:

Pearson is not up to task, 0-1 at halftime against 10 men to then be totally out played and to end up losing 3-2 in the 2nd Half is unacceptable, his tenure can’t continue. No game plan cant organised or set up team to play against opponents, transfer limitations or not under Pearson we are massively regressing on the pitch 

This. 

If he'd created a team that could retain possession, Coventry would have produced half the chances they did. 

Against 10 men that should be easy when you don't need to score. 

12 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Most of the players havent been good enough for three years in some cases under 3 managers, and 4 assistants despite having 'talent' in this squad.

Just now, Fuber said:

Most of the players havent been good enough for three years in some cases under 3 managers, and 4 assistants despite having 'talent' in this squad.

I disagree - they need to be coached so we are difficult to beat. Even with limited talent we should see some level of improvement- there is none. Where is the coaching or is he simply picking a team and setting tactics they can’t execute?

• Like 1

Devil’s advocate.

1-0 up at h-t, against ten men.

How does a team lose the 2nd half 3-1 and generally get outplayed…..regardless of tactics, man-management etc?

Just trying to get my head around it?

Did the players (some of the players) think “f%%k it, I’m gonna go through the motions”.  If they aren’t trying to get the manager sacked, are they not as good as we think they are on paper?

Massengo poor today.

Pring, hardly a run in him?

O’Dowda really encouraging first half, disappeared second half (or was that my imagination?  How does that happen?

I just didn’t get it. ??‍♂️

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Teh trouble with your assessment is that every other manager in the league is trying for the same. Therefore, if everyone else is making steps forward any steps we make forward would have to be far in excess. And give the lack of quality and mental strength in some of the players in our squad it would have to be huge leaps. 

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Devil’s advocate.

1-0 up at h-t, against ten men.

How does a team lose the 2nd half 3-1 and generally get outplayed…..regardless of tactics, man-management etc?

Just trying to get my head around it?

Did the players (some of the players) think “f%%k it, I’m gonna go through the motions”.  If they aren’t trying to get the manager sacked, are they not as good as we think they are on paper?

Massengo poor today.

Pring, hardly a run in him?

O’Dowda really encouraging first half, disappeared second half (or was that my imagination?  How does that happen?

I just didn’t get it. ??‍♂️

Confidence and belief have been drummed out of them.

Forget ability if you haven't got those two you are doomed

30 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

There’s a big difference between a manager and a head coach, two totally different roles. NP makes no secret that he’s a delegator, rather than a hands-on coach. KP and JD are part of the problem. You can’t polish shit, as LJ, DH and NP all show.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, would get a different tune out of these players IMO. They’re soft physically and mentally, and have no pride or desire to better themselves. They’re more than happy picking up their wages in their comfortable surroundings. That’s not an opinion formed now, it’s one formed over two years. 

31 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'll tell you Wtf I do understand.

Any decent manager makes his team more than the sum of their parts, win or lose. 

Pearson is doing the opposite.

Can a decent manager turn water into wine as well? That’s what some on here seem to expect, despite SL turning the funding taps off. We are a car crash of a club, and that ain’t NP’s fault IMO. 

2 minutes ago, VT05763 said:

Confidence and belief have been drummed out of them.

Forget ability if you haven't got those two you are doomed

How does that work for early season on the back of pre-season then when there was confidence and belief?  Did he drum it in and then back out again?

Genuine question as you appear to have great insight from the training ground?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tin said:

There’s a big difference between a manager and a head coach, two totally different roles. NP makes no secret that he’s a delegator, rather than a hands-on coach. KP and JD are part of the problem. You can’t polish shit, as LJ, DH and NP all show.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, would get a different tune out of these players IMO. They’re soft physically and mentally, and have no pride or desire to better themselves. They’re more than happy picking up their wages in their comfortable surroundings. That’s not an opinion formed now, it’s one formed over two years. 

Can a decent manager turn water into wine as well? That’s what some on here seem to expect, despite SL turning the funding taps off. We are a car crash of a club, and that ain’t NP’s fault IMO. 

Nobody expects anything unrealistic. 

But NP needs to add value. Presumably you think we'd be a whole lot worse without him? I don't. 

48 minutes ago, RobArnold10 said:
6 minutes ago, tin said:

Agree re players who couldnt care less, but 7 of them were brought in by pearson in an attempt to instill his standards on the rest, but arguably they arent good enough, and the standards havent raised. If pearson cant get them organised and motivated and hard to play against, whichnis what a nigel pearson side should be, then he shouldnt be here.

Edited by Simon bristol