IGNORED

Pearson & Fleming : OUT

Marina's Rolls Royce

All well and good changing manager but some unbelievably still can’t see the obvious...the players are absolutely sh*t. 

A mismatch of mentally weak or never were good enough ‘footballers’ assembled under the previous regime as they would be subservient to the owners vanity manager and we now are left with this shambles. 

Plus look at the track record in our owners choices....

• Like 11
  • Flames 4

2 minutes ago, Andrew_V1 said:

All well and good changing manager but some unbelievably still can’t see the obvious...the players are absolutely sh*t. 

A mismatch of mentally weak or never were good enough ‘footballers’ assembled under the previous regime as they would be subservient to the owners vanity manager and we now are left with this shambles. 

Plus look at the track record in our owners choices....

Exactly this.. fans seem to think a change of manager will suddenly make us better!

The players are not good enough, if we would of won today we would of been 4 points from the playoffs which sounds crazy to me..

It shows that we have missed a trick and should of backed the manager with more strength in depth in the summer.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

WHY Lansdown, he doesn't pick it he team, he wrote off  a £10m debt with Bristol City, 

And all that debt is due to HIS decisions.

Mr “I won’t spent my money for other peoples enjoyment” back when we were in league 1, struggling due to HIS woeful choices of manager. 

Let’s not forget the reason we got relegated from the Championship the first time was because he decided to absolutely ravage spending, only to then ramp it back up following relegation- all because HE decided to give his son the job as CEO, one he was massively out of his depth in- and yet here we are, in the same scenario 10 years later. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 5

1 minute ago, prankerd said:

Exactly this.. fans seem to think a change of manager will suddenly make us better!

The players are not good enough, if we would of won today we would of been 4 points from the playoffs which sounds crazy to me..

It shows that we have missed a trick and should of backed the manager with more strength in depth in the summer.

Do play offs ever mean anything for us though? 

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I actually believe that NP has real struggles be they physical or otherwise. I think he's a big personality and believe he'll do what's right for him and our club which is to leave. 

I find him neither too short nor too tall or anybody's love child- just not the right man for the job.

You're probably right (and I'm not saying I want him to go), I just don't see this working as we have a squad that is too mentally weak and sinking lower week after week.

Thing is I don't think anyone could come in and fix this mess (hopefully I'm wrong) and if Landsdown can't invest due to FFP/the clubs financial situation then it feels like there is only one way this is going until he/someone else can start investing again. 

Something someone posted on another thread sometime ago springs to mind 'we seem to now be in a position where we can't financially compete to be in this league anymore' and is that doing more damage? I don't know.  Maybe I'll feel diffentely tomorrow.

1 minute ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

I really hoped to have not said this but.. Pearson might not be the man for the job. A proven manager who's been there and done it and we look and play worse as we have done for years now. It's a real shame.

Re read what you just said and think about it... if hes a proven manager whos been there and done it.. surely the manager isnt the problem its the investment into the players

• Like 1

Just now, billywedlock said:

Perfect man for the job. Dealing with the awful mess created by others. You don't have patience or understand how this mess was created or what it takes to solve. Fine, but if you think anyone else is going to find it easier you are mistaken. Time for cool heads and hard work. This season was always going to be very very hard. 

I disagree. He is less than perfect and has proved that in some style. Very few wanted Cotterill and yet he was the best in decades. Choosing a Manager is a lottery and time to pick some new numbers- imo.

• Flames 3

I was very much happy when we got Nice in

But, he has done nothing in his managerial career without a team behind him of Shakespeare, Rennie and Walsh and he is without two key components.

His results for us and at other clubs without Shakespeare prove this..

Edited by M.D
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, old_eastender said:

I really do wonder whether we can trust NP to turn this around. Mark Robins was once in the running for us, oh to see the style of pass and move football that Coventry produced with only 10 men.

When was the last time we played with tempo, desire and just a basic bloody idea?! Coventry tore us apart with one less man. 
Awful, turgid and thats me done for away games. I’ll settle for home games out of plain routine rather than desire but my god, we are bloody useless!

24 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I actually believe that NP has real struggles be they physical or otherwise. I think he's a big personality and believe he'll do what's right for him and our club which is to leave. 

I find him neither too short nor too tall or anybody's love child- just not the right man for the job.

Will still cost us a cool million or so, even if he does the 'honourable' thing and leaves. 

Therein is the problem for the next manager's budget. 

28 minutes ago, Redandproud said:

WHY Lansdown, he doesn't pick it he team, he wrote off  a £10m debt with Bristol City, 

He runs the club. 

Theyre his decisions that more often than not don’t really come to anything.

Pula Sport have built some nice faculties and will build some more no doubt, but his tenure has over seen nothing to dissimilar to the 15-20 years prior.

Edited by 054123
  • Like 2

If I'm not mistaken, people are calling for Pearson to be sacked because this is "his team" and he assembled the squad, even to the point where they're saying Weiman and Baker are his players, they were available and cheaper so re-signed once fitness was proven. Today we played with only "one" of Pearson's players in the team that represented BCFC, that was Tanner. His other players, James, King and Atkinson were unavailable, Simpson is there for cover and possible behind the scenes influence, as is King. So how the hell is this Pearson's team?

We have a gutless collection of overpaid underachievers, left over from the previous two administrations making up the nucleus of this squad, starting from the pussy in goal and right through the team. They've proven to be failures before and are still failing now. I don't think any one of Pearson's signings, even the ones re-signed, could be described as such, as for the majority of them, spineless,  molly cuddled poor footballers that I can't wait to see the back of.

• Like 11

We would have gone down last year with Nigel Pearson if it hadn't been for the winning start by Dean and we will go down this year if he stays.  Nobody wants to put the boot into someone who is unwell and we will wish him well, but, for his own sake and the Club's, it's best if he leaves.   The uncertainty with his health as well won't help stability and confidence and the first team coaching set up doesn't inspire confidence either.

It's not easy to come up from league 1 so we need a manager to keep us up this season (Warnock) and then get a manager who can build and play decent football.  I think Warnock would relish the challenge for a season and the Club is of course much closer to his home.  Ryan Lowe or Mark Robins would be also be good appointments but realistically they aren't going to leave their current positions.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

If I'm not mistaken, people are calling for Pearson to be sacked because this is "his team" and he assembled the squad, even to the point where they're saying Weiman and Baker are his players, they were available and cheaper so re-signed once fitness was proven.

Yes- you are indeed mistaken- I'm not calling for Nige to leave because it's his team, it's because I don't think he is up to the job. His record at BCFC determines my thoughts. A good manager can motivate the players to at least to perform - if not win.

Nige is doing neither.

• Like 1