IGNORED

Pearson & Fleming : OUT

Marina's Rolls Royce

28 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Perfect man for the job. Dealing with the awful mess created by others. You don't have patience or understand how this mess was created or what it takes to solve. Fine, but if you think anyone else is going to find it easier you are mistaken. Time for cool heads and hard work. This season was always going to be very very hard. 

Agree, it was always going to be a hard season, but there’s a difference between a hard season and the shambolic last 30 minutes in midweek or conceding 3 goals vs 10 men in one half.

I’m not calling for his head but it is increasingly hard to value the notion of transition above the embarrassment and humiliation that is being served up. We’re not losing, losing is one thing, we’re disorganised, weak minded and turning in inexcusable performances for which, transition or not, there is no justification.

Believing that he is the man to turn things around is increasingly tumbling toward blind faith. I say that not as someone demanding he goes, more as someone questioning why a group of players with ability, and I accept that’s my opinion and not universally shared, cannot be a structured, disciplined unit on a week to week basis.

There were real signs of promise earlier in the season, we looked like we’d found a team from the shipwreck of individuals last season. That optimism has all but evaporated. We’re on a downward spiral and it needs addressing.

Edited by S_C
  • Like 6
  • Flames 1

12 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I disagree. He is less than perfect and has proved that in some style. Very few wanted Cotterill and yet he was the best in decades. Choosing a Manager is a lottery and time to pick some new numbers- imo.

Was Cotterill given the backing to bring in his desired players? I believe he was. Did he have to release more than a team full of players? I don't think so.

I believe there are different situations at play now than six plus years ago. Then after that success, he was finally restricted, Intentionally?  I fully expect the same thing to happen now. Bring in a top man, fail to back him, then bring in your young hungry type, that MR Lansdown prefers, while saying things like, "it's my money and I'll invest it as I want to".

I believe Pearson has been given a thankless task of putting things right and in place, it will then be a case of, thanks very much, goodbye. Soon to be followed by another young boss learning the ropes.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, Edgy Red said:

Something has to change... and quick.

I know its easy to be overly pessimistic after a defeat (we suffer enough of them) but we are regressing at an alarming rate.

I also don't agree that Pearson needs more time. He spent 2 million quid in the summer and brought in another 5 of his own free signings (Baker and Weimann included) so this squad should have enough of his stamp on it.

I don't like knee jerk reactions but this is only going one way!

Don’t think it is knee jerk. To be fair, the football has been shite for 2 seasons. Just gets worse. Hurting tonight.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes- you are indeed mistaken- I'm not calling for Nige to leave because it's his team, it's because I don't think he is up to the job. His record at BCFC determines my thoughts. A good manager can motivate the players to at least to perform - if not win.

Nige is doing neither.

Are these the same players that have failed before under different managers?

33 minutes ago, M.D said:

I was very much happy when we got Nice in

But, he has done nothing in his managerial career without a team behind him of Shakespeare, Rennie and Walsh and he is without two key components.

His results for us and at other clubs without Shakespeare prove this..

Trouble is it's not turned out nice again.

Edited by pillred

1 minute ago, bris red said:

I wasn’t having a dig I’m just curious to know who we could bring in right now that would improve the situation..

Fair enough- emotions running high for us all. I dont know who would be better and this is probably the only thing I've got in common with Mr Lansdown.

29 minutes ago, M.D said:

I was very much happy when we got Nice in

But, he has done nothing in his managerial career without a team behind him of Shakespeare, Rennie and Walsh and he is without two key components.

His results for us and at other clubs without Shakespeare prove this..

Tbf, the rate Villa are going, if Pearson stays then there’s a possible route to adding Shakey 

• Thanks 2

The truly depressing bit is feeling the need to add ‘& Fleming’ to the title, because you just know that if SL sacks NP tonight, he’ll wake up tomorrow convinced that his no 2 is just the man for the job. I think we’re going to have to double down on this, support NP with everything we’ve got to the end of the season, while devising a pretty big prayer rota.

13 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes- you are indeed mistaken- I'm not calling for Nige to leave because it's his team, it's because I don't think he is up to the job. His record at BCFC determines my thoughts. A good manager can motivate the players to at least to perform - if not win.

Nige is doing neither.

I honestly don't think his health is good and this pressure is doing him no good at all. I wouldn't be surprised if he left soon and although I not mad on Colin, I think he could save us this season. After all, he's done it with a few teams before.

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes they are broadly the same players that managed a greater number of wins, managed to put in a shift and managed not to look like they dont give a shit.

Can you explain why Johnson and Holden were removed from their positions if, those same players were giving a shit?

You don't think that possibly, they were a part of that problem, that they were not fully part of the squad that went on long winless runs?

There is a change going on, some players are finding it not quite so easy to perform in this new regime, it happens when new bosses take over, until there's the nucleus of his management/coaching team and the nucleus of "his" squad, then I think these things happen. I don't like it, I'd rather it went smoothly, but, if I remember correctly, there had to be a few hand grenades thrown into the dressing room before a bit of success was had under Gary Johnson. I think what Pearson has inherited, is far worse than what GJ had to contend with, in terms of swollen overpaid wasters.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Tin Soldier said:

As Lansdown said, “it’s my club and I can do what I want” Which includes ******* it up.

And that arrogance is the reason for his failure, and for the mess he has put us in.

I never want to hear of BS or the High Performance Centre ever again

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rich said:

Can you explain why Johnson and Holden were removed from their positions if, those same players were giving a shit?

You don't think that possibly, they were a part of that problem, that they were not fully part of the squad that went on long winless runs?

There is a change going on, some players are finding it not quite so easy to perform in this new regime, it happens when new bosses take over, until there's the nucleus of his management/coaching team and the nucleus of "his" squad, then I think these things happen. I don't like it, I'd rather it went smoothly, but, if I remember correctly, there had to be a few hand grenades thrown into the dressing room before a bit of success was had under Gary Johnson. I think what Pearson has inherited, is far worse than what GJ had to contend with, in terms of swollen overpaid wasters.

If it was all about the players then why on earth didn't they keep Johnson and Holden and get rid of the players?

1 hour ago, Redandproud said:

WHY Lansdown, he doesn't pick it he team, he wrote off  a £10m debt with Bristol City, 

Simples.

He’s the ****** ultimately responsible for this ******* mess. Never mind ultimate beneficial owner.

I couldn’t care less how much money he’s “invested” or written off.

He’s the ****** at the top of the tree.

He’s the ****** who allowed Ashton to make an absolute ******* mess of our club.

He’s the ****** who failed to invest at the right time when we had momentum.

He’s the ****** who was at the helm with his hand on the tiller when other ******* buffoons were appointed - remember club legend Tinnion standing in the dug out at Swansea?

He’s the ****** who now owns the ******* lot. The lot. Ashton Gate. What was once a club asset is now his. And all that can be seen around it. And we laugh at the Rovers not owning their ground……

He’s the ****** who promised to make us proud. Who’s feeling proud tonight? Not me.

Time to open thine eyes. As long as Lansdown stays were going nowhere. Abso*******lutely nowhere.

We’re his plaything. We’re ******* doomed.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

If it was all about the players then why on earth didn't they keep Johnson and Holden and get rid of the players?

Because Johnson and Holden played thier part in the recruitment of those players. I think you'll find that many of those players were released, we're left with the others.

I don't think it's "all" about the players. Pearson wasn't there today and the players still performed shit. When Johnson left the players still performed shit, when Holden took over they performed shit but, spoofed a few results at the start, long enough keep him in a job longer than he should have. That early season (Form), was really just a lucky sequence of results, which soon showed the reality of the situation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BigAl&Toby said:

Simples.

He’s the ****** ultimately responsible for this ******* mess. Never mind ultimate beneficial owner.

He’s the ****** who allowed Ashton to make an absolute ******* mess of our club.

He’s the ****** who was at the helm with his hand on the tiller when other ******* buffoons were appointed - remember club legend Tinnion standing in the dug out at Swansea?

He’s the ****** who now owns the ******* lot. The lot. Ashton Gate. What was once a club asset is now his. And all that can be seen around it. And we laugh at the Rovers not owning their ground……

He’s the ****** who promised to make us proud. Who’s feeling proud tonight? Not me.

Time to open thine eyes. As long as Lansdown stays were going nowhere. Abso*******lutely nowhere.

What a ******* response ??

Edited by Clevedon Red
  • Like 1

Simples.

I thin your a **** but this is absolutely spot on. 

Simples.

Hard to disagree. Leaving this football club to Mark Ashton and his dopey son was an absolute travesty that has set the club back a minimum of 2-3 years. My fear is as a fanbase we did want NP mostly. Now he will feel he has given us what we wanted and not sure where his decision making will go from here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Ryan Lowe would be my choice. 

Has a style of football (much like Russell Martin who is earning plaudits with Swansea). 

Has worked wonders in his short time as a manager, promotions with both Bury and Plymouth on minimal budget, whilst taking Plymouth to 2nd place in League 1. 

I think he'd be a fool to take it at present. Plymouth are on the up we're on the way down.

Also not sure he'd be the manager for a relegation fight, Plymouth were almost as poor as we towards the end of last season. They beat the Gas but...

Bury had a large L2 budget (that's more or less why they went bust) and Plymouth are a big club in L2.

30 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Fair enough- emotions running high for us all. I dont know who would be better and this is probably the only thing I've got in common with Mr Lansdown.

I would phone Ryan Lowe myself and see if he fancied a chance to become a City legend.

My point of view is - having a compact squad works if you can keep the key men fit and ready to battle. The key men were missing today due to injuries. Talking about James, King, Williams, Atkinson and Baker to some extend. That's half a first team players missing and we don't have an adequate substitutes to the ones I mentioned. Calling for the manager's head is not a solution in my opinion, we need a competitive squad.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1