IGNORED

Pearson & Fleming : OUT

Marina's Rolls Royce

5 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Do we have to start this conversation again every time we lose? I would understand it after three bad performances in a row but two decent performances in the last week seem to fly out the window, along with the fact we are missing our three most experienced central midfielders.

Yes - it  is worrying how dependent our season appears to be on Williams’ hamstrings but bored by supporters of a team expected to finish lower mid table throwing their toys out the pram because we lost away to a team just out of the premier league when we have injuries and they have a new manager bounce.

Yes- depending on how many times we fail to win or put in a cohesive performance where the players look like they give a shit. 

It's a forum and fortunately there are no rules in not stating an opinion which you believe in. If believing that our Manager of 8 months after 34 matches is not the right man for the job yet "throwing toys out of my pram" then you best duck. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It's now over 8 months since Nige took on the "project" . According to many, the problem is entirely with the squad and not the coaching. I disagree.  Nigel has made it very clear what he wants from the players and has very publicly stated that he'll get rid of those who dont buy into what he's trying to do .... which seems like just about everyone. 

Thoughts anyone? 

There is no one out there that is realistically going to get some of these drips doing the basics right. We are where we are as a result of inept recruitment for years. It says it all when the young players Pearson has bled into the starting eleven have more understanding of gamesmanship and are making smarter on field decisions than our senior pros.

I fail to see how someone like Alex Neil going to magically remove the softness that is the detriment of this group of players? Or get miracles out of a midfield with an average age of 20? Pearson has recognised the issues, is transparent about them and has began the process of re-building. We can bounce from manager to manager but eventually someone is going to need time enough to build their own team with their own players and their own values. That kind of process takes longer than 8 months.  

This team is infuriating to watch at times, not least when stood in a freezing Northern away end beneath falling snow, but this season has shown that a bit of leadership (Williams) can change how the entire eleven performs. We need more of it, and January is approaching. Lets have a bit of patience. 

• Like 5
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Yes- depending on how many times we fail to win or put in a cohesive performance where the players look like they give a shit. 

It's a forum and fortunately there are no rules in not stating an opinion which you believe in. If believing that our Manager of 8 months after 34 matches is not the right man for the job yet "throwing toys out of my pram" then you best duck. 

Oh **** off 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Just now, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You are welcome to state your opinion. I just wonder how annoyed you were against Stoke when you didn’t get an opportunity to state it.  You are free to state your opinion and I am free to form my own opinion of fellow City fans who gloat when we lose.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

You are welcome to state your opinion. I just wonder how annoyed you were against Stoke when you didn’t get an opportunity to state it.  You are free to state your opinion and I am free to form my own opinion of fellow City fans who gloat when we lose.

Those who gloat following a loss are not any type of fan.

Clearly, I'm not welcome to state my opinion.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Oh come on.

After Saturday's game you made 3 posts late on, all negative and complaining.

After Wednesday's win, we got one. Mentioning how the performance wasn't good.

Today? We've had 6 in the last 30 minutes.

Edited by IAmNick
  • Like 6
  • Flames 4

If I was big steve, I’d be busting a gut to get Shakes here.

The level of competence of the players is not at the levels of Championship football week in week out.

If, they all play at their best, we can get results. But there’s just too many liabilities.Too many mistakes. No leaders out in the pitch.

Pearson can polish the turds any more than he has already. The turds are just that, turds. And some of them are stealing a wage at 20k per week and not even on the bench.

Its totally naive to think NP hasn’t made an impact. This is a 20 year project. We’ve had no footballing philosophy for years. None. There’s zero foundations at the club. It’s no use having 30 clubs in the bag if they’re all left handed drivers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Oh come on.

After Saturday's game you made 3 posts late on, all negative and complaining.

After Wednesday's win, we got one. Mentioning how the performance wasn't good.

Today? We've had 6 in the last 30 minutes.

Funnily enough I rarely post when I'm at a game- I tend to watch the game not otib

This is the post you mention which was at 22:03 after the game. No "agenda" just my thoughts.

Felt and sounded better than Barnsley. Still not a good performance yet here we are- 3 points nicked from a side who are near the top. We have a team capable of competing at the right end of the table.

18 minutes ago, Bouncearoundtheground said:

There is no one out there that is realistically going to get some of these drips doing the basics right. We are where we are as a result of inept recruitment for years. It says it all when the young players Pearson has bled into the starting eleven have more understanding of gamesmanship and are making smarter on field decisions than our senior pros.

I fail to see how someone like Alex Neil going to magically remove the softness that is the detriment of this group of players? Or get miracles out of a midfield with an average age of 20? Pearson has recognised the issues, is transparent about them and has began the process of re-building. We can bounce from manager to manager but eventually someone is going to need time enough to build their own team with their own players and their own values. That kind of process takes longer than 8 months.  

This team is infuriating to watch at times, not least when stood in a freezing Northern away end beneath falling snow, but this season has shown that a bit of leadership (Williams) can change how the entire eleven performs. We need more of it, and January is approaching. Lets have a bit of patience. 

I disagree with that

10 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

TBF I don't believe any genuine City fans on here gloats when we lose (as opposed to a Fewer or other masquerading as a Red).

It's just that some City fans feel the pain and disappointment more strongly than others, and have a more pessimistic view of where we are now and the promise of a brighter future.

We are all on the same side. I'd be happier if fellow Reds avoided unnecessary, personal and prolonged spats with one another, but ain't much anyone here can do about keyboard aggro. It's part and parcel of most fans' forums.

• Like 1

Pearson needs to stay, the players who don’t want to be here (or don’t buy into the longer term plan at the club) need shipping out.

More than anything we desperately need to bring a quality finisher in. Either a forward or attacking midfield player we could deploy similarly to how we moulded Bobby Reid.

(I’m not even sure who we could get though).

• Like 2

As I've said before anything approaching mid table will be a success. Unfortunately there will be a few more painful times, quite a few more, for everybody to suck up such is the state we're in.

We all know where we are and everyone's opinion is welcome. The personal insults are not welcome though. It's what makes OTIB.

I try to look for the positives. Our predicament certainly has galvanised the crowd at home. We do have a proper manager with a proven track record. Let's get to the transfer window and see what he can do before doing anything drastic.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

It is a forum. You cannot whinge when your opinions are critiqued. Free speech works both ways. You are welcome to express an opinion and I am welcome to express an opinion on your opinion. You may want to stop grousing and deal with the fact that free speech means both the freedom to express an opinion and others’ freedom to respond to it.

Edited by LondonBristolian
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Unfortunately Marina there are posters on this forum who don't think that anyone else than them has an opinion other than theirs.  These posters are best ignored, especially when their only reply is a swear word, just shows their level of intelligence.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

12 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

It is a forum. You cannot whinge when your opinions are critiques. Free speech works both ways. You are welcome to express an opinion and I am welcome to express an opinion on your opinion. You may want to stop grousing and deal with that.

You are falsely commenting on my lack of reaction following the Stoke game- that's not your  opinion, it's your misleading narrative . I did clearly state my opinion following my attendance of the Stoke match- here it is( for the 2nd time):

Felt and sounded better than Barnsley. Still not a good performance yet here we are- 3 points nicked from a side who are near the top. We have a team capable of competing at the right end of the table.

Wednesday at 22:03

End of.

Most fans with any sense could see we would be wildly inconsistent this season. The problems go back four years . For all the SL lovers who fall at his feet, he’s culpable . He allowed Ashton full reins on everything football wise . Even his son had a pop when it was announced ashton was leaving . Saying along the lines of , it’s not a good thing to have one man in charge of everything. 
Pearson’s job is unenviable . He’s got the SOD job of sorting this mess out , ironically both caused by Ashton. The decks need clearing . There are plenty of players that imo are not good enough but pearson has his hands tied.

For all those wanting Pearson out , just think. Who would come in & what would or could they do with this current squad to change things. It’s very easy & lazy to blame the manager. 
look at our midfield today , the area of the pitch that wins & loses every football match . So inexperienced it’s unreal. People slagging off Bakinson but no mention of massengo . Very undisciplined today but he’s 20 , along with a 18 year old . Would we  have been so poor with james & williams in there . The answers no.

• Like 8

I despair - we lose a game and all the negativity starts over again……anyone heard of “Rome wasn’t built in a day”? That’s where BCFC is right now.

Unless we look like we are going down, SL will quite rightly stick with Nige……as others have said, we need to get rid of those who aren’t good enough/don’t want to be here, allowing Nige to bring in his own players before we truly judge him.

Who would come to City and do any better?

I for one, remain firmly behind the most experienced manager we’ve had in a long, long time

COYRs

Edited by Loosey Boy
  • Like 10

I wonder if it is simply a case of not replacing the quality players that left: Webster, Browning, Cordova-Reid, Bryan, Kelly, Diedhiou, etc. The squad is palpably weaker and NP’s argument that the big, flabby squad with too many injuries had to be slimmed down hasn’t paid off. (It may have been a spin from the top to cover the cut in the wage bill)

Cardiff City did not replace quality players that left with similar consequences 

Edited by Jefferz

1 minute ago, Loosey Boy said:

I despair - we lose a game and all the negativity starts over again……anyone heard of “Rome wasn’t built in a day”? That’s where BCFC is right now.

Unless we look like we are going down, SL will quite rightly stick with Nige……as others have said, we need to get rid of those who aren’t good enough/don’t want to be here, allowing Nige to bring in his own players before we truly judge him.

I for one, remain firmly behind the most experienced manager we’ve had in a long, long time

COYRs

Ran out of likes 

In a nutshell Sir, in a nutshell 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

You are falsely commenting on my lack of reaction following the Stoke game- that's not your  opinion, it's your misleading narrative . I did clearly state my opinion following my attendance of the Stoke match- here it is( for the 2nd time):

Wednesday at 22:03

End of.

Ok. My opinion is not my opinion because I have not taken the trouble of memorising everything you have ever posted. Possibly one of the weirder comments I have ever read on here but, hey, each to their own.