IGNORED

Pearson & Fleming : OUT

Marina's Rolls Royce

10 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Im having a meltdown.

If we weren't so unlucky , had such a bad ref, denied a penalty(s) and hadnt had to compete with Barnsley's parachute payments then....

we'd still be crap, over a year and never two games won in a row. Terrible management, terrible coaching.

My opinion- get over it.

You alright hun?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Im having a meltdown.

If we weren't so unlucky , had such a bad ref, denied a penalty(s) and hadnt had to compete with Barnsley's parachute payments then....

we'd still be crap, over a year and never two games won in a row. Terrible management, terrible coaching.

My opinion- get over it.

I think thats acceptable from time to time.

im very pissed off with this evening and recurring problems.

But then I’ve been pissed off with club fir a while.

If we’re honest Pearson hasn’t come in and ruined it for Steve, this has been coming for a while.

What has Pearson brought to City. His signings by and large have been either crocks or not Championship ready. The young players have improved because he had play them because most of his signings were injured or hopeless. As for organisation he has failed completely to sort the defence out all season even to defend basic set pieces like corners. How much longer before he takes some responsibility for this shower of shite. This will not be turned around in the sumner window and not by Pearson who seems to live on his reputation not on what his football team is producing each week. 

• Like 12

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

What has Pearson brought to City. His signings by and large have been either crocks or not Championship ready. The young players have improved because he had play them because most of his signings were injured or hopeless. As for organisation he has failed completely to sort the defence out all season even to defend basic set pieces like corners. How much longer before he takes some responsibility for this shower of shite. This will not be turned around in the sumner window and not by Pearson who seems to live on his reputation not on what his football team is producing each week. 

I think some are beginning to feel the same as you

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, tin said:

Spot on. We have a divine right to win every game at this level, even with an unbalanced inexperienced side. Great logic, that.

Win every game- hahahaha! When have we ever done that?

Everyone's fault bar the Manager.

Sorry- I question him. Just about every Manager has a better track record over the same time scale.

2 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Win every game- hahahaha! When have we ever done that?

Everyone's fault bar the Manager.

Sorry- I question him. Just about every Manager has a better track record over the same time scale.

It’s fine to question whoever you want.

Out of interest, how do you explain tonight’s performance when comparing against Saturday’s?  What causes the difference, because Saturday was ok, tonight was very poor?

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Fordy62 said:

We all agreed we’d be happy if we avoided relegation. We all agreed we’d be even happier if we could do so and blood some youngsters.

When did things change?

When it was clear there was no sign of progress.  Finishing 16th and blooding youngsters is good when there are signs of progress so we have something to look forward too next season. What is there to look forward too now?  Pearson has proven he cannot get his team to defend and cannot produce more than one good performance in a row 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

It’s fine to question whoever you want.

Out of interest, how do you explain tonight’s performance when comparing against Saturday’s?  What causes the difference, because Saturday was ok, tonight was very poor?

Weekend jollies?

7 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

When it was clear there was no sign of progress.  Finishing 16th and blooding youngsters is good when there are signs of progress so we have something to look forward too next season. What is there to look forward too now?  Pearson has proven he cannot get his team to defend and cannot produce more than one good performance in a row 

But the very nature of the youngsters is that they’re inconsistent. We shouldn’t be surprised. 

Tonight was a very inexperienced team. The more inexperienced performers you have, the more likely you are to be inconsistent. Scott doesn’t clear a ball, 1-0. Cundy doesn’t follow his man, 2-0. Not a lot Nige can do about that. Unless they’re training air kicks?

• Like 8
  • Flames 1

8 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

But the very nature of the youngsters is that they’re inconsistent. We shouldn’t be surprised. 

Tonight was a very inexperienced team. The more inexperienced performers you have, the more likely you are to be inconsistent. Scott doesn’t clear a ball, 1-0. Cundy doesn’t follow his man, 2-0. Not a lot Nige can do about that. Unless they’re training air kicks?

That is a completely fair point. We do though have 6 experienced pros in that team.  Our defence this season has been worse than anyone could have imagined and it shows no real sign of improving at all. It’s very hard to feel positive right now when Massengo is off, Scott maybe as well.  Pearson cannot improve the defence or our ability to pass the ball and his signing record is average at best so far.  

• Like 2

Better to go now than for him to spend any of the money we get for Scott Semenyo and Massengo. Another Matty James Andy King and Danny Simpson in. Don’t forget to give Martin a fresh 3 year deal?. I have no faith at all in Pearson. 60 odd games and we still have no style of play other than keep 3 blokes up top and hope we score 3. This is worse than Dean Holden all things considered. 

Not having players to play a style is a pretty poor excuse tbh. If you take Leeds under Bielsa for example. They were at their best when everyone was fit. However, when they weren’t they were able to plug players into different positions successfully a lot of the time. Dallas has played in midfield and both fullback positions for them. Ayling at RB and CB in a 2. Rodrigo in midfield on the wing or up front. It is because they had a manager that had a style and drilled that into them. I am not saying hire Bielsa but we need someone with fresher ideas that will use the time in training to get consistency. 

It is going to be a big summer for the club. I don’t expect Pearson to go even if I’d be parting ways. I will say though, if we end up selling Semenyo Scott and Massengo and this team gets off to a slow start, it will turn toxic quickly. I don’t see us suddenly being competitive next season. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

I’ve stuck with Nigel up till now without in all honesty seeing any real improvement but last night was really really bad , there was no commitment from the players, we barley made a challenge, our defence we at sixes and seven. 
Yes blame the players, the board , previous managers and CEO but at some stage the current manager must take responsibility for this shambles and the time is now .  

His tenure is not working and I’m disappointed because I thought it was a good appointment but like Nigel have said in the  past we mustn’t ‘ bury our heads in the sands “and face up to the our problem.

Nigel is now a big problem, he has not improved results, style of football or the squad.   He is underperforming and after a year he has had long enough to implement is style and belief in the team and he simply have failed to deliver.

So thanks for you efforts Nigel but it time for him to go.

• Like 1

I read the likes of Semenyo, Masssengo, Scott are worth multi millions, can I ask what they brought to the table last night? I would suggest our top scorer would be the only one of interest from other championship clubs this summer.

Martin and Wells statuesque in their forward play, hope both are off loaded as we wont be getting very far relying on them next season.

Our "proven manager" is going to have to replace at least half the team this close season with proven champ ready players and with about £2.50 to do so. Good luck with that NP, not too much to look forward to based on his recruitment selections to date.

"one step forward, one step back" you said last night, seems more like one step forward and several back to me.

Big summer ahead seems to be the thoughts of many, maybe so, but an even bigger season next ahead if NP dosent install some pride, passion and belief pretty soon.

8 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

We all agreed we’d be happy if we avoided relegation. We all agreed we’d be even happier if we could do so and blood some youngsters.

When did things change?

I agree with those expectations and feel they by and large reflect the general consensus on here. 

I’m uneasy with speaking on everyone’s behalf though. Everyone has their own individual views. 

Just now, gl2 said:

I read the likes of Semenyo, Masssengo, Scott are worth multi millions, can I ask what they brought to the table last night? I would suggest our top scorer would be the only one of interest from other championship clubs this summer.

Don’t be silly - it’s clear all three have huge potential. A few bad performances over a season doesn’t change that.

• Like 2

He's certainly struggled to make a huge impact but in fairness to Pearson, things like not being able to deal with a cross and folding under pressure have been issues since the end of Lee Johnson's time here. We lack leadership all over the pitch, we haven't got a player that can win a header in either box.

• Like 1

I think we might take points from Peterborough at home but i honestly cant see us getting anymore points this season the way we are playing other teams all have something to play for our squad seem to be uninterested .  Yes we have been hit hard with injuries again Baker Williams Tanner King etc all out for long periods but the squad is clearly not good or strong enough. Players like Atkinson have been brought in and are clearly not good enough for championship football we need to sign championship quality players not players from lower leagues that we try and sell on at a later date The whole buisiness plan of the club is failing at the moment and one of the Lansdowns needs to come out and tell us supporters what our future plans are so we can either buy into it by buying ST's or not.  Wether we can afford to sack NP is another matter the Compo we would have to pay him would be far better be used on new players. If the club back NP then keep him and let him build his own squad but if the club arn't going to back a manager (whoever he is) financially then no manager can get a decent side out of what we have here at the moment by recruiting 3 or 4 lower league players.  

Jeez, it's the same old posters that literally have a meltdown if we lose one game. 

Gets tiring having to defend and highlight the difficulties Pearson has had, which were imbedded deep within the squad/club long before he arrived. The season is a marathon, not a sprint, and we all knew we needed to survive til the summer, which looks like he has now done, so he can clear out a lot of the shite, and if possible, bring fresh faces in. 

He's played loads of youngsters, which will always lead to inconsistent, poor results. They're young, they'll learn, in time. It also gives Pearson chance to see who can handle the pressure, perform well etc. 

The call for his head whenever we lose a game is down right embarrassing. Who in earth do we think we are? Seriously, we've got a manager in charge who is trying to instil the right attitude, which for too long has previously stunk at this club. It's never going to happen overnight, especially if he can't get rid of the deadwood/bad eggs. 

There isn't a single manager out there that would be able to perform better given the shit state the club was in when Pearson joined, along with having zero money to spend due to FFP. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 4

6 minutes ago, Akira said:

Jeez, it's the same old posters that literally have a meltdown if we lose one game. 

Gets tiring having to defend and highlight the difficulties Pearson has had, which were imbedded deep within the squad/club long before he arrived. The season is a marathon, not a sprint, and we all knew we needed to survive til the summer, which looks like he has now done, so he can clear out a lot of the shite, and if possible, bring fresh faces in. 

He's played loads of youngsters, which will always lead to inconsistent, poor results. They're young, they'll learn, in time. It also gives Pearson chance to see who can handle the pressure, perform well etc. 

The call for his head whenever we lose a game is down right embarrassing. Who in earth do we think we are? Seriously, we've got a manager in charge who is trying to instil the right attitude, which for too long has previously stunk at this club. It's never going to happen overnight, especially if he can't get rid of the deadwood/bad eggs. 

There isn't a single manager out there that would be able to perform better given the shit state the club was in when Pearson joined, along with having zero money to spend due to FFP. 

That’s all very loyal, but your last paragraph is the interesting one.  When I look at what Steve Cooper has done at Forest it becomes only too clear that there are managers out there that can have a transformative effect on a club.  Of course we can’t know whether another manager might have done better, but it is hard to believe that any other manager would have done much worse.  What we saw last night is a team that appeared in the space of a few days to have forgotten the basics, and that is very worrying indeed.  Pearson has had over a year now, and yet the state of play on the field remains much the same: inconsistent, frequently error-riddled and at times downright embarrassing.  I think it’s absolutely fair that people should question where we’re going.  Is Pearson the right man to take us forward?  I really, really don’t know.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Akira said:

Pearson has failed massively in one vital area...not improving our defence. 

Most managers would have targeted that as their first priority.

As an ex defender he should hang his head in shame at this. 

Ps he has brought in 5 players so the argument that he is stuck with dross doesn't really stick.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Akira said:

I am in the keep NP corner, no manager with the squad he has inherited and the money available could do much better. But i think the Meltdown is jusified and its not just one game is it ? it's the entire season and the inability to win two games on the trot keep clean sheets and play decent football for longer than 45 mins at a time.  However the flak ought to be aimed not at NP but at the Lansdowns who have always tried to run the club as a buisiness not a football club

2 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Ps he has brought in 5 players so the argument that he is stuck with dross doesn't really stick.

I agree. To not have been able to shore us up at the back is for me the huge worry. 

Forget the nice expansive pretty football all most of us wanted this season was a team that was hard to beat and a team that didn’t let in soft goals.

Those two we conceded last night were border line a disgrace and Pearson as you said as an ex defender should hang his head.

I don't think we can keep saying the squad he inherited is rubbish. There should be enough quality for Nige to be able to have improved and organised them on the training pitch for the past 12 months.

When you look at what Rooney has done at Derby, Jones at Luton, Rowett at Millwall and the fella at Huddersfield, it shows that an average group can be coached to produce performances and show a hunger to play for the badge.

I don't believe in sacking managers too quickly and feel that we need to stick with him in to next season but i just can't see things improving unfortunately.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

In Fairness to NP he didnt know that 3 of the 4 first choice defenders would be out for long periods of the season Baker Tanner and Kalas, yes it was a mistake to bring in Atkinson, clearly not good enough. Then he was limited to who was available when he brought in Klose who i think is quality and seems like a good addition to the squad

9 hours ago, And Its Smith said:

If you want something to look forwards to,,go book a holiday - we need,,all of us to be stronger than that...

The position we're in is down to rank bad leadership from the top over many years & was never something that could begin to be addressed short term.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, KegCity said:

He's certainly struggled to make a huge impact but in fairness to Pearson, things like not being able to deal with a cross and folding under pressure have been issues since the end of Lee Johnson's time here. We lack leadership all over the pitch, we haven't got a player that can win a header in either box.

I agree with all of that. My worry is Pearson had the last few months of last season to assess the squad. With that in mind he signed King Simpson James Atkinson and Tanner. Now Tanner been injured so that has been unlucky. What have the 3 older players brought to the side?

James certainly tries to be an organiser but he doesn’t have the mobility needed for this level. So how much do you trade off for leadership? 

King I liked more than James but his body just isn’t up to it anymore. Ok so you say a punt to help here and there but think that has failed because he has been missing for far too many games. 

Simpson another punt who just did not work at all. Talk about dressing room influence but couldn’t last the season. That is not a good look for Nigel. 

Then we have Atkinson. Now unfortunately Baker’s injury I think thrust Atkinson into a situation he wasn’t quite ready for. I still think can be a good player. However, for a big lad, he isn’t really a big lad. He doesn’t play big which contributes to your point of not being able to win a header. Adding to that, he is quite slow on the turn. So that is a worrying combination and yet it is the example of the type of player Pearson will sign with some money behind him. So having no money to fix the entire squad is 1 thing but how has he spent the money he has had? Not very well and judging by his comments about Atkinson over the season, I think Nigel himself has been a bit surprised. 

I don’t want to come off as having a blind hatred for NP because I don’t. I think he came into a horrible situation. That said, think we needed(still need) someone fresher. I look at him in interviews and during the game. He is pretty calm. Now a calm head can usually be a positive but I get the feeling his heart just really isn’t in for the fight anymore.

Something isn’t working anyway. For all the situation, we don’t have back to back wins this season. We still concede the same type of goals. We still concede late often enough. Some of this will be the squad but the squad has enough about it to win 2 in a row or to have 3 wins and a draw in a 5 game stretch. Think the squad has been let down as much as NP has been let down by the squad

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Depressingly he did target the defence and stated he was "building from the back" but due to our financial situation all that was available was Atkinson and Tanner. Both players are really ones for the future.

I think losing Baker has been massive but he knew his injury record when he signed him and to put so much pressure on a player that has that injury record is a bit silly.

Anyway I'm still NP in, mainly because he doesn't have the ability to address things game by game he can only address things in transfer windows where he is hamstrung by our financial situation so that's been 2 chances where he hasn't really had a good  chance.