IGNORED

Lansdown

Banjo Red

Hes done a great job at city.But that's it he is quite happy being a average champ club with no ambition to take us further.if he does not back np in jan we will be in div 1 next season.then let's see him ask us for £500 plus for a season ticket in Feb.so come on steve stop ass kissing pat lam and start looking at the city and see what a mess were in.

Personally I don't go along with anything that implies that Lansdown doesn't care. He does, however we are a strange club. The board of directors is a sham. The decisions that matter (not everyday) are made by one person. But being as we have had 4 years in the last 111 years in the top flight I suspect it wouldn't have made much of a difference. We are what we are, a backwater football club that top managers threaten their players with loans to and I am beginning to think SL is not capable of changing that!

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Personally I don't go along with anything that implies that Lansdown doesn't care. He does, however we are a strange club. The board of directors is a sham. The decisions that matter (not everyday) are made by one person. But being as we have had 4 years in the last 111 years in the top flight I suspect it wouldn't have made much of a difference. We are what we are, a backwater football club that top managers threaten their players with loans to and I am beginning to think SL is not capable of changing that!

I'd say, on the basis of having chatted with the man a number of times, that he cares...

....about his reputation, and the way in which his association with Bristol City (or these days Bristol Rugby) might enhance it...

....but not like we care. I care about Bristol City because anyone who knows me knows that supporting City is part of my identity and has been most of my life...and I'm pushing 60. Bristol City doesn't mean the same thing to Steve Lansdown.

• Like 1

When we got promoted to the Championship SL said he was shocked at the fees and wage demands of players and agents at this level. Maybe he is scared of the Prem. 100 mil Sky money won't go that far once you start signing big names on big bucks. He needn't be too worried cos we ain't gonna get there anytime soon. 

1 hour ago, Bobbie said:

Careful what you wish for 

I have to agree with this sentiment.

Steve Lansdown has backed managers in the transfer market, in NP he brought in the manager we all wanted. FFP will mean transfers will be restricted whatever SL wants to do.

Look at Rovers when they got a new owner they were coming for us now they are struggling in league 2.

I think it's time people stopped blaming SL, LJ or MA. The team are getting worse and that has got to be down to the manager and coaches. I thought NP was going to make us serious challengers in this division but his record with us has got relegation written all over it.

The form under NP is not down to SL who has and still is a good owner.

• Like 1