IGNORED

Lansdown

Banjo Red

14 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I have to agree with this sentiment.

Steve Lansdown has backed managers in the transfer market, in NP he brought in the manager we all wanted. FFP will mean transfers will be restricted whatever SL wants to do.

Look at Rovers when they got a new owner they were coming for us now they are struggling in league 2.

I think it's time people stopped blaming SL, LJ or MA. The team are getting worse and that has got to be down to the manager and coaches. I thought NP was going to make us serious challengers in this division but his record with us has got relegation written all over it.

The form under NP is not down to SL who has and still is a good owner.

Disagree.

Everyone says that in regards to FFP his hands are tied. True he is.

However as the founder of a financial sector firm, the the fact Ashton and LJ were able to stack the club with rising wages and a bloated squad, falls directly his purview.

He's in this position due to his own lack of oversight of the football club he owns. Ashton was his appointment. 

This is, it's not even the first time this has happened under his watch, the whole relegation after Coppell came down to wage spending cuts and awful appointments (Millen (the assistant of the stale regime), McInnes (the manager people wanted to work), over a four year period.

The rot started back in 2018 with regards to our rising wage costs and only got worse, we're three years in. We once again have a squad that aren't good enough. Non-existent coaching. Poor recruitment. Toxic Culture.

All roads point to League One again.

He just isn't learning. 

He needs to appoint a competent football operations director onto the board who can then refer to the former and discuss an overarching strategy, and go from there.

Not someone like Ashton who completely failed previously at this level with Watford, comprehensively.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RumRed said:

So how would you carve out just BCFC and Ashton Gate from Bristol Sport?

Who knows what would or would not be included if SL decided he had enough, if that day come I would have thought it would be the complete Bristol Sport which actually I think would be more attractive to a prospective investor.

10 minutes ago, RumRed said:

So how would you carve out just BCFC and Ashton Gate from Bristol Sport?

You could try and sell a BCFC only who would have no ownership of Ashton Gate - and have ZERO bidders - or you would have to offer up AG as well and that's where Steve gets a large chunk of his investment back in one hit. I'm not sure the Rugby Club would be overly happy about that either because such a sale might contravene English Premier League Rugby rules which basically say that Bristol, tenants for 8 years, have priority on fixtures over Bristol City (in effect) in a stadium that has been hosting football for 120 years, and also if some Arab businessman with no interest in rugby whatsoever came in they could be in an awkward position of being told to do one and I don't see Lansdown allowing that as, lets be honest about this, the successful Premiership rugby club IS his legacy to Bristol, not the football club which is too expensive to achieve success with given his lack of football knowledge and therefore a drain on his pocket.

We are second class citizens in what was always our own stadium but is no more. That's what "Bristol Sport" has achieved. Give it another five years and half the ground should have navy blue seats - you wait and see.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, The Constant Rabbit said:

Some of you might be surprised by what's on the way.

A few of you know.

The next 24 months will be huge - one way or another.

Relegation ? 

That wouldn't be a surprise.

Christ !  If it is really going to be a big surprise, it can only be ....

Promotion !

And the only bigger surprise [or would it?]  would be the return of marvellous Mark Ashton).

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

the successful Premiership rugby club IS his legacy to Bristol, not the football club which is too expensive to achieve success with given his lack of football knowledge and therefore a drain on his pocket.

We are second class citizens in what was always our own stadium but is no more. That's what "Bristol Sport" has achieved. Give it another five years and half the ground should have navy blue seats - you wait and see.

You have no clue what SL see's as his legacy or priority but just try to pass off your thoughts as fact to suit your agenda

I have no issue with Bristol Sport, it make perfect sense sharing the costs of running a stadium that is only used about 25 times or so a year for football, this increases the money left to fund the playing side of the club. Not sure we are 2nd class in our stadium, I never get that feeling, yes we have some rugby pictures up, but small price to pay for the revenue brought back into paying to run it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

You have no clue what SL see's as his legacy or priority but just try to pass off your thoughts as fact to suit your agenda

I have no issue with Bristol Sport, it make perfect sense sharing the costs of running a stadium that is only used about 25 times or so a year for football, this increases the money left to fund the playing side of the club. Not sure we are 2nd class in our stadium, I never get that feeling, yes we have some rugby pictures up, but small price to pay for the revenue brought back into paying to run it.

Nothing to do with Rugby pictures. Twitter account - Ashton Gate Stadium home of Bristol Bears and Bristol City. The club who have been here 8 years are now the first name on the website. We are also SECOND PRIORITY on fixtures, that is fact not my thoughts passed off to suit my agenda. Go and have a read of English Premiership Rugby stadium requirements. The longer this Bristol Sport thing has gone on the less I am liking it to be perfectly honest - there is little benefit to us in terms of funds and we are seeing that right now - both Bristol RFC and ourselves pay rent to Steve Lansdown's holding company and I see little in the way of additional funds that can be reinvested into football in line with the rules of FFP.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

By the way I 1000% do have an agenda, you are right about that, an agenda which simply wants to go down to Ashton Gate on a Saturday and actually ENJOY watching the football on offer at least SOME OF THE TIME. I have little interest in the business side of the game, it's FOOTBALL that made me support the club in the first place and all I am really interested in. I can promise you that if the next 18 months of football is the same quality as the last three years I certainly won't be laying out my season ticket money out of blind loyalty for the club. Feel free to disagree but it's my money, my choice at the end of the day. I owe Mr Lansdown nothing........and I'm speaking as someone who completely understands the scale of job and the issues with players that Nige and Curtis have on their plates.

Edited by Numero Uno

3 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Nothing to do with Rugby pictures. Twitter account - Ashton Gate Stadium home of Bristol Bears and Bristol City. The club who have been here 8 years are now the first name on the website. We are also SECOND PRIORITY on fixtures, that is fact not my thoughts passed off to suit my agenda. Go and have a read of English Premiership Rugby stadium requirements. The longer this Bristol Sport thing has gone on the less I am liking it to be perfectly honest - there is little benefit to us in terms of funds and we are seeing that right now - both Bristol RFC and ourselves pay rent to Steve Lansdown's holding company and I see little in the way of additional funds that can be reinvested into football in line with the rules of FFP.

Again, trying to pass off thoughts as facts, you have no clue the cost of running the stadium versus with or without rugby and impact on BCFC, although it does stand to reason that having rugby is generating substantial income, and if that is going back to SL, well good it helps to offset when he is putting his hand in his pocket to cover the football clubs huge losses each year.

Are you really that sensitive a soul to be upset that one name is above the other on twitter, with regards fixtures how has that ever affected us, if it has its passed me a most supporters by as we seem to play all our games, just part of letting rugby use our stadium.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

By the way I 1000% do have an agenda, you are right about that, an agenda which simply wants to go down to Ashton Gate on a Saturday and actually ENJOY watching the football on offer at least SOME OF THE TIME. I have little interest in the business side of the game, it's FOOTBALL that made me support the club in the first place and all I am really interested in. I can promise you that if the next 18 months of football is the same quality as the last three years I certainly won't be laying out my season ticket money out of blind loyalty for the club. Feel free to disagree but it's my money, my choice at the end of the day. I owe Mr Lansdown nothing........and I'm speaking as someone who completely understands the scale of job and the issues with players that Nige and Curtis have on their plates.

Don't think me or any one else would disagree that we want to enjoy our football and everyone can go or not, but that is not what the discussion was about

Just now, sh1t_ref_again said:

Again, trying to pass off thoughts as facts, you have no clue the cost of running the stadium versus with or without rugby and impact on BCFC, although it does stand to reason that having rugby is generating substantial income, and if that is going back to SL, well good it helps to offset when he is putting his hand in his pocket to cover the football clubs huge losses each year.

Are you really that sensitive a soul to be upset that one name is above the other on twitter, with regards fixtures how has that ever affected us, if it has its passed me a most supporters by as we seem to play all our games, just part of letting rugby use our stadium.

It's not about being sensitive over those things in themselves it's about seeing the gradual changes that are being made over time and instead of just ignoring it thinking "what comes next?". Simple things many supporters do not notice is that if English Rugby ignore our fixtures and decree that Bristol are at home the same weekend as us then one team (usually Bristol) plays Friday and the other Sunday. Stadium rules do not allow Friday and Saturday consecutive day fixtures. The rules are that Bristol get first choice on the fixtures not us - English Premier Rugby rules. Sunday fixtures are a complete pain in the arse for many supporters and so there you have a direct example of rugby affecting football. Hasn't happened this season so far, granted but has happened before. Our only home Sunday fixture at the moment is Millwall which is simply because the Police wouldn't police the game on New Years Day.

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

It's not about being sensitive over those things in themselves it's about seeing the gradual changes that are being made over time and instead of just ignoring it thinking "what comes next?". Simple things many supporters do not notice is that if English Rugby ignore our fixtures and decree that Bristol are at home the same weekend as us then one team (usually Bristol) plays Friday and the other Sunday. Stadium rules do not allow Friday and Saturday consecutive day fixtures. The rules are that Bristol get first choice on the fixtures not us - English Premier Rugby rules. Sunday fixtures are a complete pain in the arse for many supporters and so there you have a direct example of rugby affecting football. Hasn't happened this season so far, granted but has happened before. Our only home Sunday fixture at the moment is Millwall which is simply because the Police wouldn't police the game on New Years Day.

Small price to pay for the income towards stadium costs it generates!

45 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

You could try and sell a BCFC only who would have no ownership of Ashton Gate - and have ZERO bidders - or you would have to offer up AG as well and that's where Steve gets a large chunk of his investment back in one hit. I'm not sure the Rugby Club would be overly happy about that either because such a sale might contravene English Premier League Rugby rules which basically say that Bristol, tenants for 8 years, have priority on fixtures over Bristol City (in effect) in a stadium that has been hosting football for 120 years, and also if some Arab businessman with no interest in rugby whatsoever came in they could be in an awkward position of being told to do one and I don't see Lansdown allowing that as, lets be honest about this, the successful Premiership rugby club IS his legacy to Bristol, not the football club which is too expensive to achieve success with given his lack of football knowledge and therefore a drain on his pocket.

How terribly true. When SL bought the stadium away from Bristol City ownership it set up the way forward for his dream of Bristol Sport. But as fans sadly we sat back and let it happen... Wouldn't have happened so quietly in the likes of Manchester. We are paying the price now. 

33 minutes ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

How terribly true. When SL bought the stadium away from Bristol City ownership it set up the way forward for his dream of Bristol Sport. But as fans sadly we sat back and let it happen... Wouldn't have happened so quietly in the likes of Manchester. We are paying the price now. 

This is sleepy Bristol where we listen to what we are told and do what we are told. "Shut the **** up and pay your season ticket money"..........

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This is sleepy Bristol where we listen to what we are told and do what we are told. "Shut the **** up and pay your season ticket money"..........

That is a good point. A lot of clubs with passionate fans would be demonstrating soon.
Can’t see it at City somehow. All too cozy and cushty in Bristol. Too many happy clappers/good humans which is what Lansdown wants. Think this season could become pretty toxic if this shite continues so maybe time is fast approaching where City fans will start expressing our discontent more vigorously which would be a good thing IMO.

Lansdown and his son have had it far too easy for far too long.
How much more shite do we have to put up with.

We all heard Lansdown say it “This is my club” blah, blah, blah.

Edited by Tin Soldier
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Fuber said:

Disagree.

Everyone says that in regards to FFP his hands are tied. True he is.

However as the founder of a financial sector firm, the the fact Ashton and LJ were able to stack the club with rising wages and a bloated squad, falls directly his purview.

He's in this position due to his own lack of oversight of the football club he owns. Ashton was his appointment. 

This is, it's not even the first time this has happened under his watch, the whole relegation after Coppell came down to wage spending cuts and awful appointments (Millen (the assistant of the stale regime), McInnes (the manager people wanted to work), over a four year period.

The rot started back in 2018 with regards to our rising wage costs and only got worse, we're three years in. We once again have a squad that aren't good enough. Non-existent coaching. Poor recruitment. Toxic Culture.

All roads point to League One again.

He just isn't learning. 

He needs to appoint a competent football operations director onto the board who can then refer to the former and discuss an overarching strategy, and go from there.

Not someone like Ashton who completely failed previously at this level with Watford, comprehensively.

As I’m led to believe, Pearson wanted Adrian Bevington brought in.  @Kid in the Riot did you hear anything to that effect?