IGNORED

Anyone else feel the same as me?

Alan Dicks

32 minutes ago, Magicseason said:

Feels like groundhog Day of last season. Where is our identity and style of play? Not moved forward at all

Seems mean to kick a man when he's down but Pearson it's just not working is it we have to try something new or as it stands a relegation battle is almost certain.

As soon as the Cotterill squad was getting picked apart I haven't felt much for this squad/team. Last players I cared about were Fam, Pato and Brownhill and now they're gone there's not many players who fill me with hope bar Tanner, Semenyo and Massengo but their confidence has probably been killed off playing with the rest of these useless muppets.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

It hurts less and less every week?

I'm not sure it does but I'm not sure how I feel either. Every capitulation just seems to bring out a feeling of despair at the mess we seem to be in.  What with last season's abject performance's it just seems to be never ending. 

As others have said I'm not sure I have much enthusiasm to spend time and money watching them at the moment. It's a sad state as post covid lockdown I was really excited for the season and getting back to watching them. :sad26:

14 minutes ago, City Rocker said:

Yep, I had the radio commentary on and when Cov's third went in I rolled my eyes and turned my attention back to the T20 cricket on Sky.

After 45 years watching the City this is probably the least engaged I have ever felt.

Not been a good day for you then, England threw that away as well.

40 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

Years ago, a loss would feel a blow, and it would ruin the whole weekend. Not sure it’s advancing age, or just where we are as a club, but yes you’re right, it hurts less. Nowadays I just shrug and move on. It doesn’t ruin the weekend at all now. I still care, obviously, and want us to do well, but losing from 2 1 up against 10 men who played us off the park? Not surprised, now, what’s on the telly…

It's pathetic. Depressingly predictable.

I can quite clearly recall what it was like watching us fall through the divisions in the early 80s and I honestly think this is worse. There were excuses then. The guilty men fled the scene and left good people to pick up the mess, which they did, and we all felt good about what they were doing.

Recently the club has been run by people who give the impression that they care very little for the playing side, or for the supporters who pay to watch it, other than as a vehicle for advancing their own interests. The buck stops at the top I'm afraid, and for that reason I'm of the opinion that nothing will be done any time soon. I predict a relegation and a tedious rebuild - but over many years. There will be no Cotts and Keith Burt appointment since - as we should recall - they weren't appointed by the man running the show today.

• Like 3

I stopped going 3 years ago after 44 years. I feel for those fans who still care passionately, as I did for a long long time. I now realise the years I wasted were that, wasted years.

The odd good performance and the odd good cup result, is just not worth me wasting my emotions away for r anymore.

For those still keeping the faith, well done, but like me, one day you will look back and think was it all worth it.

• Like 3

Dear Sir.   Can I please have my football team back?, they seem to have Phecked off into some kind of comic void where they don't seem to care or be bothered about how they perform or even possess a scrap of pride in their profession?  It seems quite possible that they do not give a shit, and are more interested in their latest possession or checking their current bank balance.   I have come to realise recently ,that as they can't be phecked to turn up, then neither will I.

Edited by maxjak

42 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

and

43 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

So you don't think the team would have been better with Williams, James, Baker and King?

Just asking for a friend 

No none of the above are any good 

Williams  - Injury prone 

Baker - same

James - looks ok in a shit team

King - passed his sell by date 

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

I’ve not felt pain for about 3 years or so. The complete mis-management of this club over the last 4 years has sucked all the emotion out of me when it comes to supporting Bristol City 

From the way the rug seemed to get pulled out from underneath Cotterill just so he could employ the son he never had! To then insulting the fans intelligence last year by trying to sell us Dean Holden as the stand out candidate . 

We’ve long been treated as nothing more then customers by Bristol Sport 

I’m quite saddened and ashamed to admit it but….I actually find it quite funny that we just seem to find even bigger depths to sink to 

I thought the Forest debacle couldn’t be beat .

Just read back Harry’s post the other day to show what a shambles we are in. 

The club has lost its soul and it’s all thanks to those at the top 

• Like 4
  • Flames 5

It hurts more and more. I hate the predicament we’re in at the moment. 

Losing to last minute goals is bad enough in itself. When it’s a habit to concede in injury time it’s even more sickening. 

And when it’s on top of a run of really poor performances stretching back for couple of years, it’s even worse. 

I really don’t know where we go from here. When LJ went we (me included) were crying out for experience. After Holden’s exit we went for an overwhelmingly popular choice in NP (I was thrilled), but our football is still as bad as at any time I can remember in 40 years of supporting the club. I was hoping NP would at least drill the team into a coherent shape, but we are a mess. A complete soft touch. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

I’ve not felt pain for about 3 years or so. The complete mis-management of this club over the last 4 years has sucked all the emotion out of me when it comes to supporting Bristol City 

From the way the rug seemed to get pulled out from underneath Cotterill just so he could employ the son he never had! To then insulting the fans intelligence last year by trying to sell us Dean Holden as the stand out candidate . 

We’ve long been treated as nothing more then customers by Bristol Sport 

I’m quite saddened and ashamed to admit it but….I actually find it quite funny that we just seem to find even bigger depths to sink to 

I thought the Forest debacle couldn’t be beat .

Just read back Harry’s post the other day to show what a shambles we are in. 

The club has lost its soul and it’s all thanks to those at the top 

My thoughts exactly mate. It’s a sad day for Bristol City football club but this has been coming for a few years now. I feel done with the club to be honest.

I said in the match day thread that I was thinking of coming down to Bristol for the weekend to watch the Blackburn game at a cost of just over £200 with petrol, accom, tickets and cider.

Just texted the guys I was going with to say let’s still do it but spend the match day ticket on a decent meal and I’ll stream the city game on my phone in a pub somewhere. First time in almost years of supporting City that I’ve ever considered skipping a game that I was planning to see, but why should my group of mates fork out the best part of £160 in the Lansdown to watch this level of shit.

This lot can take their ******* man bags, headphones and flash cars and **** off. 

• Like 2

What baffles me is how someone can invest that much money but get the basics so wrong, I'm 74yrs & been supporting City since I was 8yrs & I can't remember such a demoralising time ever. I can remember many many losses that I still went home feeling proud of the boys because they had a real go.

With what time I have left there must be better things to enjoy in life.............................................. but it's in my blood.

• Like 1