IGNORED

Most of you wanted it....

Bar BS3

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Pearson isn't the answer. Neither was Holden. 

I was happy with Pearson, but was clearly unaware how tactically inept he is. 

He's as bad as I've seen. 

Odd though as that is one strength i thought Pearson would have in abundance. You are spot on in what you are saying though tactically he appears to be almost clueless.

Edited by bris red
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Updated to date, after I posted it on a match thread a couple of games ago.....

Dean Holden (Numpty who should never have been appointed)

P36, W16, L17 PPG 1.42.

Nigel Pearson (the experienced manager that everyone wanted)
P32, W7, L18, PPG 0.875

Steve lansdown = twenty years of ******* mistakes. 
why can’t some of you not see beyond the end of your nose

this all at Lansdown’s door. 

• Like 1
  • Flames 3

42 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

P36, W16, L17 PPG 1.42.

P32, W7, L18, PPG 0.875

Who said Dean was a numpty?

This has been starting to develop recently, but nobody thought that.

Plenty thought he shouldn’t have been given the job and that’s fair enough.

Plenty wanted us to appoint an experienced manager at that point and we never.

We’ve appointed one now and he cannot seem to make it work.

I don’t understand the divisive nature of the post?

Edited by 054123

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Not up to it under Johnson. 
Not up to it under Holden. 
Not up to it under Pearson shouldn’t come as a surprise. 

Blame Johnson, Ashton, Holden, Pearson or Lansdown. I couldn’t care less. Henry Weston is my friend. 

Which one you going for today? I must admit I do enjoy the 8.4% ones.. got to be very careful with those though.

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, steviestevieneville said:

Steve lansdown = twenty years of ******* mistakes. 
why can’t some of you not see beyond the end of your nose

this all at Lansdown’s door. 

It just seems to be on here mate.

facebook , Twitter and Instagram which are larger platforms the majority will agree with you going by the comments .

5 minutes ago, bris red said:

You can’t blame anyone for wanting Pearson though can you, on paper it is/was the perfect appointment. Isn’t working out for whatever reason but i still stand by wanting him at the time.

I agree, on paper an excellent prospect, the CV slightly sullied by a couple of car crash clubs, but whatever he’s doing is not working or not working sufficiently well as to keep away relegation fears.

It’s like any workplace, sometimes a new management manager does not fit the company or the workforce, and this is beginning to feel like that, yes the workforce could be better, but their manager is not able to make them gel into something that looks like a cohesive team. Maybe it’s time to let him go and get someone in in time for Blackburn.

9 minutes ago, michaeloshea20@gmail said:

Every time the club upload a 'Robins Uncut' on YouTube I see fitness exercises, sprinting and 5 aside type matches.  At no point have I ever seen any actual coaching going on, defensive set pieces, defending corners, forwards running into channels etc etc. Just wondering if there is actually any coaching going on?

It's a fair point but I don't think they want to publicise those types of drills so opposition teams don't see it. 

...But then again I don't think it would make much difference if they did!

1 minute ago, bexhill reds said:

I agree, on paper an excellent prospect, the CV slightly sullied by a couple of car crash clubs, but whatever he’s doing is not working or not working sufficiently well as to keep away relegation fears.

It’s like any workplace, sometimes a new management manager does not fit the company or the workforce, and this is beginning to feel like that, yes the workforce could be better, but their manager is not able to make them gel into something that looks like a cohesive team. Maybe it’s time to let him go and get someone in in time for Blackburn.

Totally agree. I just don’t think Pearson fits in here at the club, you could also argue its a case of right manager at the wrong time for us.

Ive said it before that i feel he has come in a few season too late. I still stand by my opinion that we lingered with LJ and MA for far to long - had we binned the two off in the summer of 2018 when it was clear the club needed fresh ideas we wouldn’t be in the mess we are in now IMO.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

P36, W16, L17 PPG 1.42.

P32, W7, L18, PPG 0.875

So are you suggesting Steve Lansdown hasn’t the foggiest when it comes to running a football club

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, michaeloshea20@gmail said:

Every time the club upload a 'Robins Uncut' on YouTube I see fitness exercises, sprinting and 5 aside type matches.  At no point have I ever seen any actual coaching going on, defensive set pieces, defending corners, forwards running into channels etc etc. Just wondering if there is actually any coaching going on?

Remember cotts squad and the set piece routines corners etc absolute quality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

So are you suggesting Steve Lansdown hasn’t the foggiest when it comes to running a football club

I wasn't. No. 

I was suggesting that Pearson is a ******* disaster..! 

Considerably worse than the complete novice he took over from. 

My take:

Didn’t think Holden deserved to be sacked. (17th Feb)

Thought Pearson was a good choice to come in. (22nd Feb)

Ashton already balls deep with Gamechanger/Ipswich (Feb)

Thought Pearson would do better on the pitch than he has.

So, if it’s Pearson out, what do we need?

A manager plus someone to play a role between Richard Gould and the manager.

Can we afford to pay-off Nige?  Would he just leave?  Can we afford to bring in a currently contracted manager? Or do we need to restrict to those out of work?

What I don’t get is trying to point score.  It’s not unreasonable to think an experienced manager like Pearson was a good choice, is it?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I wasn't. No. 

I was suggesting that Pearson is a ******* disaster..! 

Considerably worse than the complete novice he took over from. 

The players liked the novice they were friendly with they clearly don’t like the new boss telling them a few home truths,answer is clearly the players are not good enough,even Warnock would struggle to keep this rabble up 

11 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

He has been an absolute disaster so far.

These kind of results were coming. We got away with a lot before but now we are not getting the big luck we had relied on.

When I was watching games we should have got thrashed in, and we somehow came away with a point or even a win, it was only a matter of time before the results would match up to those performances unless the performances improved.

Obviously performances have not improved.

If we go down then I don't expect us to come back up anytime soon under the current set up. I genuinely think we would be out passed by some of those league one sides. And that is not because they are better players.

Precisely.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s not unreasonable to think an experienced manager like Pearson was a good choice, is it?

Of course not but we can't ignore the evidence of what has actually happened even if we have been supportive.

It's looking more and more to me that, taking his health into account also, it would have been better to have him as DoF and let him choose a head coach to run the team.

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My take:

Can we afford to pay-off Nige?  Would he just leave?  Can we afford to bring in a currently contracted manager? Or do we need to restrict to those out of work?

What I don’t get is trying to point score.  It’s not unreasonable to think an experienced manager like Pearson was a good choice, is it?

Not unreasonable to believe he was a good choice at all, made perfect sense at the time.

BUT

All appointments are a risk and many don't work out for various reasons, and this one has not.

The key is knowing when to cut your loses and that goes for both parties.

53 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No, I agree - yet look at his stats compared to what Pearson has managed..! 

It’s not as black and white as that though, is it? For example, look at the respective squad numbers each of them had. Look at the impact playing behind closed doors had. Plenty of things to add your equation for balance, and the answer never was Holden IMO. 

1 minute ago, tin said:

It’s not as black and white as that though, is it? For example, look at the respective squad numbers each of them had. Look at the impact playing behind closed doors had. Plenty of things to add your equation for balance, and the answer never was Holden IMO. 

Also take into account the injury carnage that Holden had to deal with, had to fill his sides with multiple academy players at times.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

My take:

I seem to recall Nige saying he sees himself as a manager, not a coach, when asked about it back when appointed. I feel the lack of coaching and organising the players is what people are generally surprised and unhappy about. 

Maybe he saw his value here as being able to change the culture and mentality of the squad. Sadly he seems to have totally flopped in that respect. It almost seems from his previous statements that he thinks good, motivated pros should be able to organise themselves and that clearly is beyond our lot. 

It doesn't seem like Fleming is making much difference. Unless he can either get in a Shakespeare level coach, or upgrade the squad with players who have the ability he seems to think should be part of a good pro, I don't see how he is gonna sort this mess. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, tin said:

What a daft argument..! 

OK, so, in any aspect, way, shape or form... Is Nigel Pearson doing a good job....?

Are his stats, taking 8nto account any variables you like, acceptable, in any way...? 

Wonder if we might see a mutual agreement for Nige to leave. Beginning to think his health is becoming a factor. If he’s not well enough to be at games what happens at the HPC during the week? Impaired health not what you need with the pressure of trying to sort this mess out. His health and well-being has to be paramount. Discussions during the international break? Wouldn’t surprise me.

• Like 1