IGNORED

Robins High Performance Centre

Lew-T

1 minute ago, Winston said:

Same with Bristol rugby at the moment. If it’s high performance, why are both teams shite

Bears won again today and have moved up the table. After a poor start they are turning it around and they have a number of their star players out injured. We show no signs of improvement at all. And it just goes on and on and on.

9 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

In football terms, I’d say they’re doing okay overall… won again today.

European trophy in the cabinet.

Yeah, but they’ve gone backwards compared to last season, and loads of catching up to do now. With the investment, and so called high performance training facilities I’d expect much better. Beating a poor Worcester team at home isn’t much to shout about… same as City beating Barnsley.

I would cut it back to basics for the players. No more away day hotel stays in the Radisson blu or other such hotels. They should leave early and travel to most games (under 200 miles) on the day.

No more having their meals provided at the HPC, get them to bring their own sandwiches.

No more flucking Sleep Pods either!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedM said:

I would cut it back to basics for the players. No more away day hotel stays in the Radisson blu or other such hotels. They leave early and travel to most games (under 200 miles) on the day.

No more having their meals provided at the HPC, get them to bring their own sandwiches.

No more flucking Sleep Pods either!

I don’t think there’d be much benefit in that really. The team is playing badly, but that doesn’t mean you abandon everything to do with rest, recovery and nutrition as a result!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t think there’d be much benefit in that really. The team is playing badly, but that doesn’t mean you abandon everything to do with rest, recovery and nutrition as a result!

It was a bit tongue in cheek, but sometimes they are a bit out of touch in the real world I think. They are prized possessions sold for their services and paid more in a week than my yearly salary. Maybe a bit of reality might focus them a bit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RedM said:

It was a bit tongue in cheek, but sometimes they are a bit out of touch in the real world I think. They are prized possessions sold for their services and paid more in a week than my yearly salary. Maybe a bit of reality might focus them a bit.

I don’t necessarily even think the issue is players being complacent or out of touch - I simply don’t think the squad is good enough. That’s more worrying if anything. 

• Like 2