IGNORED

Could Colin get us out of this mess and allow Pearson to fully recover?

headhunter

1 hour ago, Harry said:

I agree. 

I think the most likely outcome is that nothing changes.
However, IF we act in any capacity, the next most likely thing is that Shakespeare arrives as ‘Head Coach’. 

And now looking more likely with Smiths departure from Villa. 

2 hours ago, lenred said:

So so good that series.  Nothing on tv will ever beat Glenn’s meltdown imho. Anyway I digress……

I actually dont think even Warnock could forge our current squad into a team of nasty b*stards as he did at Rotherham, Cardiff etc. They appear, barring one or two exceptions, to be so mentally weak it’s untrue. Havibg said that, if NP were to leave (which I 100% do not want atm) I can’t think of anyone better to give it a go. 

What's Malcolm Tucker doing these days?   Just a thought .

19 minutes ago, Galley is our king said:

I know exactly how you feel.

I would do the same and I have been supporting the club for neigh on 60 years.

Never done anything to me personally but for some reason I hate the bloke with a passion.

Weird isn't it? Well,not that weird really as he represents everything I dislike about football managers wrapped up in one bulldog licking piss off a nettle-faced gammon

• Haha 1

As the OP on this thread yesterday morning so much has happened!!

The 5.00 PM press call is going to be very interesting and it could be one of three outcomes in my opinion:

a] Nigel has resigned through ill health

b] Nigel is taking a couple of months off to recover from long Covid and Craig Shakespeare is joining the coaching staff

c] Nigel is taking 6 months leave of absence but remains very much part of the Project; Neil Warnock has come in as interim Manager with the sole objective of preserving City's championship status

If Pearson has gone, gone then who do we trust to keep us up? Craig Fleming, Michael Flynn [local & available] or Neil Warnock for 6 months?

15 hours ago, Mr Chappers said:

Personally, I would prefer a young up and coming manager rather than looking backwards. 

I think in the long-run that absolutely is right.  

The speculation is only on Warnock in a firefighting role until the end of the season.

I mean, he's 73: you aren't going to offer him a three-year-contract, even if he wanted one. 

On 07/11/2021 at 13:10, BS4 on Tour... said:

I’ve never called him Colin - to me it’s right down at the bottom of the humour ladder - yep i’m a miserable old git, but that has never tickled me ...

You are joking right? His name is a perfect anagram of it. Plus he is a manual manipulator. And he looks like a Colin.

Its perfect. Its up there with the Fibonacci sequence represented in nature

• Like 1

Listening to Gould it sounds like Nige won’t be back for a while.  

Would getting Warnock in as a temporary caretaker for say 10 games be such a bad idea?

Don’t like him or his style of play much, but I can see him giving us some dead cat bounce and a bit of a pick up.  I  also think he would get us at least 10 points over such a period and would take the appointment on that basis.

I can’t say I’m confident of us getting that many points with the current rudderless ship.

There has been a precedent of City appointing a caretaker when needed - the women getting in Beard to cover the maternity leave on a short term basis.

3 minutes ago, sm2webb said:

Listening to Gould it sounds like Nige won’t be back for a while.  

Would getting Warnock in as a temporary caretaker for say 10 games be such a bad idea?

Don’t like him or his style of play much, but I can see him giving us some dead cat bounce and a bit of a pick up.  I  also think he would get us at least 10 points over such a period and would take the appointment on that basis.

I can’t say I’m confident of us getting that many points with the current rudderless ship.

There has been a precedent of City appointing a caretaker when needed - the women getting in Beard to cover the maternity leave on a short term basis.

Nige may not be back in person but how much is he directing things from his home. I am up for a temp to come in but will he be? 

I can’t believe anyone here can think that employing Colin is a good idea. He’s a busted flush. His tactics don’t work anymore now that referees punish his teams for booting the opposition 6 feet in the air.

The kids coming through academies these days can’t play the Colin way, they are taught to play with the ball at their feet. He’s a dinosaur.

If he was manager it would make the reaction at Ashton Gate to Tiny P*nis’s reign seem like a vicars tea party. 

Just now, bredwood said:

I can’t believe anyone here can think that employing Colin is a good idea. He’s a busted flush. His tactics don’t work anymore now that referees punish his teams for booting the opposition 6 feet in the air.

The kids coming through academies these days can’t play the Colin way, they are taught to play with the ball at their feet. He’s a dinosaur.

If he was manager it would make the reaction at Ashton Gate to Tiny P*nis’s reign seem like a vicars tea party. 

We are playing such boring, dull and pointless football, might as well do it on purpose ??. Then we might do it better. 

I’m in the “Give Colin a go until the end of season camp” (if such a camp exists?!)

What’s the worst that could happen?

fans turn against him (tick)

we get relegated (more than likely; tick)

But… on a positive…

Colin I doubt won’t won’t a relegation at the bottom of his last CV

we could do a lot worst (many ticks!)

• Like 1

Saw interview with Warnock on the FL show after the Boro game last weekend when he already said he was off, was interesting that he said that he hadn't given him enough in the transfer window and also that Gibson had taken a back seat and that it wasn't good for the club. You might say that is similar to City right now and also why would he want to come here when there is no money to spend, I think this is completely unrealistic myself but would be interesting if it did happen.

5 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

You are joking right? His name is a perfect anagram of it. Plus he is a manual manipulator. And he looks like a Colin.

Its perfect. Its up there with the Fibonacci sequence represented in nature

Nah, I’m not joking, feeling the need to call the most successful manager ever (promotions won) ‘Colin’ when he has been a manager for over 1,600 games is rather juvenile and pretty much smacks of jealousy and bitterness because he has never been our manager.

After all these decades I still find it hilarious that many still fall for his very well-rehearsed media persona - and he finds it hilarious too - I’ve been lucky enough to meet him on a few occasions and he is a top bloke away from the cameras and hype and hypocrisy - he’s a very genuine, down to earth Yorkshireman who cares so much about the teams he manages, he cares about the fans just as much too - “you’ve got to die for the three points” - that line as part of his rant at his Sheffield Utd players shows who he is ... top manager, top bloke.

Now he’s been unfairly bombed out at Boro I hope he decides to spend time with his family and retire gracefully knowing he’s left an indelible mark on English football and knowing that proper, non-blinkered football fans realise the immense contribution he has made to our national game ... he wanted to be our manager, it looks like he will never be our manager ... our loss

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nah, I’m not joking, feeling the need to call the most successful manager ever (promotions won) ‘Colin’ when he has been a manager for over 1,600 games is rather juvenile and pretty much smacks of jealousy and bitterness because he has never been our manager.

After all these decades I still find it hilarious that many still fall for his very well-rehearsed media persona - and he finds it hilarious too - I’ve been lucky enough to meet him on a few occasions and he is a top bloke away from the cameras and hype and hypocrisy - he’s a very genuine, down to earth Yorkshireman who cares so much about the teams he manages, he cares about the fans just as much too - “you’ve got to die for the three points” - that line as part of his rant at his Sheffield Utd players shows who he is ... top manager, top bloke.

Now he’s been unfairly bombed out at Boro I hope he decides to spend time with his family and retire gracefully knowing he’s left an indelible mark on English football and knowing that proper, non-blinkered football fans realise the immense contribution he has made to our national game ... he wanted to be our manager, it looks like he will never be our manager ... our loss

Hilarious ??