IGNORED

Chairman

Hampshire reds

I understand Jon Lansdown is the chairman. Well Jon can you come out with a statement telling the fans especially the 3k that went to Coventry what you are going to do about the rubbish we are watching week in week out. i Would like to say get well soon nigel your health and family must come first. Huge respect to the fans that went to Coventry you all deserve so much more.

• Like 3

Just now, Hampshire reds said:

I understand Jon Lansdown is the chairman. Well Jon can you come out with a statement telling the fans especially the 3k that went to Coventry what you are going to do about the rubbish we are watching week in week out. i Would like to say get well soon nigel your health and family must come first. Huge respect to the fans that went to Coventry you all deserve so much more.

Never mind the chairman, where’s the bloody owner?

Isn’t it time for one of those rousing speeches as he wanders around the pitch soaking up the adulation.

OK, OTT by me, but seriously where is he? Has Twentyman spoken to him lately? Has he been on talksport?

If the manager is unable to work due to illness (get well soon Nige),  then isn’t it time we heard from the owner about his plans for the future of his football club?

This ship needs some direction NOW.

The problem with asking the chairman or owner questions is the changes they make aren't going to affect this season.

They need to have a vision that constrains a manager to ensure we don't flip flop in strategy and very importantly stand back, turn up for some pictures every so often and hold the manager to account.

The manager manages the day to day - and that's where the challenges are so if anyone needs to come out and say something I think it should be NP but he needs to come out and give us more than it is what it is.

4 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Agree (see I love you really HR!).

But I guess it needs more than a PR exercise from SL or JL, because that is what it’ll be.

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

The problem with asking the chairman or owner questions is the changes they make aren't going to affect this season.

They need to have a vision that constrains a manager to ensure we don't flip flop in strategy and very importantly stand back, turn up for some pictures every so often and hold the manager to account.

The manager manages the day to day - and that's where the challenges are so if anyone needs to come out and say something I think it should be NP but he needs to come out and give us more than it is what it is.

NP needs to get better first, let's get priorities straight. Fleming did come out and say exactly as it was last night yet it seemed to really upset many poor souls who hate to see the players being asked to take responsibility. Nah, a Division 7 Suburban League standard header from an international player on twenty odd large a week followed by Division 8 goalkeeping clearly has to be a coaching or lack of motivation issue rather than a player issue doesn't it? Well it does if you don't have the first clue about how football is played. Poor Tamas, I feel so gutted for him that he can't execute a free header properly and people are looking at him for an explanation. And David, fancy having to take questions on why a pea roller went past you. Han Noah, how dare people even contemplate why you couldn't be arsed to track a runner in the 91st minute, despicable behaviour. How inconvenient that must be for the poor young men to have know nothing supporters asking questions like that having given up their entire Saturday to be there.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Countryfile said:

Never mind the chairman, where’s the bloody owner?

Isn’t it time for one of those rousing speeches as he wanders around the pitch soaking up the adulation.

OK, OTT by me, but seriously where is he? Has Twentyman spoken to him lately? Has he been on talksport?

If the manager is unable to work due to illness (get well soon Nige),  then isn’t it time we heard from the owner about his plans for the future of his football club?

This ship needs some direction NOW.

This sounds worryingly like you’ve forgotten who’s club this is young man.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

Not really a role for the Chairman of the Board. But someone should say something certainly.

6 hours ago, Hampshire reds said:

To be honest, if the owner can’t be arsed to come out and at least try to rouse the team and the fans, you can understand the apathy among the fans. Spending comparably more in disposable income terms, shelling out for over priced tickets, with over priced food and drinks, getting ripped off for parking, and sat in idling traffic using up hugely expensive petrol you can see why people are getting peeved.

I bailed pre covid, the season after the ground development. The extra crowds were and are good for the club, but I got tired of the parking prices, the journey up and down to Gloucester, the stating out early, and getting home late, whilst feeling ripped off by club and local parking operators, the overpriced food and drink.

i wish the club well, hope the attendances keep high and there is success on the pitch for those that make the effort. I am happy behind by VPN now, still a fan but from a distance, where the decline of the team the last 2 seasons doesn’t hurt  (quite) as much. Of course it still does, I’d love us to do well, but I am sympathise with the fans getting angry, and those like me, who just started to walk away. 

sad times.

• Like 2
  • Robin 1

Jon has been given the football club to play with while Steve concentrates on the Rugby.  Trouble is that Jon now wants another toy because this ones broken. Dad wont help him mend it so Jon is having a sulk somewhere.  This is tongue in cheek mind.

Edited by marmite
  • Confused 1

It’s a stupid situation. We all know SL is the man in charge. I don’t buy this step back away from the board role, everything still goes through him. It massively dilutes JLs position as chairman and plenty of people have pointed out we only see him when there’s a kit launch. It’s almost like even the badge redesign (which I still detest btw) was a ‘project for Jon’. 
In my opinion I don’t think we need to hear from anyone every time there’s a poor run of form, the vote of confidence does nobody any favours, and is worthless. 

2 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Think Jon Lansdowns lost interest. The novelty of running a football club has probably worn off now he's realised it's hard work. 

But to be fair if I was the heir to a billion pound fortune I'd not be dragging along with bristol city like a dog with an itchy bum hole. 

i think the vet said it was sweat glands when our dillan was doing that, funny as .... to watch,even funnier imagining jl doing it

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, marmite said:

Jon has been given the football club to play with while Steve concentrates on the Rugby.  Trouble is that Jon now wants another toy because this ones broken. Dad wont help him mend it so Jon is having a sulk somewhere.  This is tongue in cheek mind.

One Christmas Steve asked young Jon what he would like.

'A cowboy outfit, father' was the young lad's reply.

The rest is history...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

i think the vet said it was sweat glands when our dillan was doing that, funny as .... to watch,even funnier imagining jl doing it

... in the park opposite The Gate, trying to justyify it to an outraged dogwalker (you know, one of the ones who used to dogwalk in the fields over Ashton Vale), saying, in an already high pitched but rising, faltering, tone "... irritated a$$hole ..."

Edited by Sleepy1968

3 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Think Jon Lansdowns lost interest. The novelty of running a football club has probably worn off now he's realised it's hard work. 

But to be fair if I was the heir to a billion pound fortune I'd not be dragging along with bristol city like a dog with an itchy bum hole. 

Probably gone back  to playing with his train set or crayons to design a new club badge.

It's not a disaster quite yet; and to claim that is will serve to create one.

Most of the fanbase were happy with Pearson's appointment - I don't think it's controversial to say that.

Let it run a bit given that there is a transfer window upcoming.

Mindless continuinity is just bloody stupid - Ashton / Johnston - but if you appoint a new manager then you should allow them a decent go of it; a season at least unless relegation looks sewn on.

It's probably best at present for the higher ups to say nothing when all that there realistically is currently is the hope that Nige can turn it around.